PDA

View Full Version : SAMSON C01U USB Condenser Mic for PC

Skip77
March 2nd, 2008, 06:14 PM
Ordered this heavily built 7" condenser mic with Cakewalk Sonar LE software and tripod stand for $89. It is reportedly a first of it's class but other companies are following with similar USB port mics for pc.

The mic is supposed to work as is, pluginplay, without needing Cakewalk or any new drivers etc. Supposed to work with Mac or PC's having Windows XP and many other Windows versions as well.

I apparently have one of the oddball pc's with XP that the mic does not work with. Have been in lots of forums and also spoke with Samson Tech Support - sadly, tech support at Samson is a non-factor - the guy that handled my call had no clue and needed to confur with a colleague before answering in any way, shape or form - they know nothing. This is probably because the product was developed in China... although American made, and probably the Chinese engineers could help me. Anyway, I have been exchanging notes on one forum and reading lots of others in search for answers. I'm about to give up.

By way of review for this product, then, so far, I can only warn that it might not work on your pc. From those whom it did work for, reviews are raving... supposedly delivering great sound quality with ample sample rate etc. More later...

oldguy
March 2nd, 2008, 07:00 PM
Not familiar with the mic, but thanks for the heads up. Hope you find a solution to get it to work, or can get a refund before the time limit expires.

Skip77
April 10th, 2008, 07:46 PM
Update: After phone calls and emails to Samson and attempting everything in the book to get the USB mic up and running - I returned it. End of story.