PDA

View Full Version : Jaron Rovensky

Robert
April 2nd, 2006, 01:49 PM
http://www.jaronrovensky.com/

This guy is a friend of mine from around here (Alberta). I made his website last year, and I thought you guys might want to check him out. He's got some mp3s under "music", and on the Live album, you can hear me and my Mesa Boogie gear. (I sold that gear because I didn't really like the sound, plus it was dang heavy)

Let me know what you think of Jaron and his music. He's really good at boogie woogie piano. I'll likely be playing a bit with him this year. He's got a new CD made, and he's having a few CD release parties planned.

Robert
April 3rd, 2006, 07:51 PM
Hey guys, what's up - not ONE reply here? Is it that bad?

tot_Ou_tard
April 3rd, 2006, 08:01 PM
It's really good stuff Robert, I didn't see this thread 'til just now. Nice website too.

ZoSo65
April 3rd, 2006, 08:13 PM
Great stuff,,,reminds of Blues Traveler

warren0728
April 3rd, 2006, 08:13 PM
sounds good robert....i love good piano playing....and you had a lot of diverse tones and styles on there yourself....nice job.

What guitars were you using?

ww

Robert
April 3rd, 2006, 08:25 PM
I was using a Fender Lone Star strat with Texas Special single coils, and a Pearly Gates humbucker in the bridge position (or so I was told). Frankly, I didn't like the sound.

There was another guitar player on that live recording - his sound is very different. He's got a "harder" tone than me. Me, I'm just a softy!

Tim
April 4th, 2006, 03:52 AM
Hey Robert. He sounds pretty good to me. I would buy his album without a second thought. I guess you can't listen to all his songs. the system only allows one each.

warren0728
April 4th, 2006, 04:56 AM
Hey Robert. He sounds pretty good to me. I would buy his album without a second thought. I guess you can't listen to all his songs. the system only allows one each.
tim....i listened to several songs (all of them from the live cd)

ww

Tim
April 4th, 2006, 09:54 AM
I will go back and check later tonight.

Warren - did you check your PM mail box?