PDA

View Full Version : Robert Plant says no

Robert
March 3rd, 2008, 05:00 AM
http://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/news/sunday/2008/03/02/robert-plant-says-no-to-led-zeppelin-world-tour-and-100m-98487-20337451/

Robert Plant has turned down an extra £100million fortune to take Led Zeppelin on a world tour.

The rock legend wants to concentrate on his new partnership with US country singer Alison Krauss...

Kodiak3D
March 3rd, 2008, 05:43 AM
But...BUT...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! !!!!!

I was already saving money to go see them!!

Maybe he'll change his mind after he finishes touring with Alison Krauss. It would be kinda rude of him to announce a world tour with Led Zeppelin while he was touring with her. I think it MIGHT overshadow her a bit.

Jimi75
March 3rd, 2008, 05:46 AM
I was hoping for a tour! Mhhh, it's kind of coold that he denies the money, Ithink that shows that it's all about the music for him.

R_of_G
March 3rd, 2008, 06:30 AM
i love Led Zep too, but if I were Plant I'd rather make new music with Krauss and ESPECIALLY Marc Ribot than do a nostalgic jukebox tour with Page.

Spudman
March 3rd, 2008, 08:54 AM
Let's see...look at wrinkled old band mates every night or...tour with hot multitalented babe? Hmmmm. :confused:

BABE gets my vote.:AOK:

R_of_G
March 3rd, 2008, 09:34 AM
Let's see...look at wrinkled old band mates every night or...tour with hot multitalented babe? Hmmmm. :confused:

BABE gets my vote.:AOK:

excellent point Spud. I'd rather look at AK all night than Page and JP Jones. plus if the Crossroads tv thing was any indication, that band is working up some VERY interesting re-interpretations of Zeppelin songs. i can't blame Plant for wanting to do something new with his old material, and again, if you asked me if i wanted to play with Page or Ribot I'd take about half a second to choose the latter.

Justaguyin_nc
March 3rd, 2008, 12:35 PM
One of the worse concerts I ever seen or most disappointed was when page and plant got back together and was doing that India music thang... yuck..
time marches on..
So.. Krauss sounds like the better deal for sure!

warren0728
March 3rd, 2008, 12:53 PM
Let's see...look at wrinkled old band mates every night or...tour with hot multitalented babe?
not a very tough decision.... :pancake:

i enjoyed the crossroads show....i wonder if it is on dvd?

ww

Plank_Spanker
March 3rd, 2008, 02:31 PM
I don't know......................................

Truckloads of money pretty much trumps artistic purity on any given day.

He's holding out...........................:D

Tone2TheBone
March 3rd, 2008, 03:36 PM
WHAT!?!! Where's my cell phone I'm calling that Percy up right now!

warren0728
March 3rd, 2008, 04:09 PM
Truckloads of money pretty much trumps artistic purity on any given day.
only if you need the money....

ww

Tone2TheBone
March 3rd, 2008, 04:17 PM
I'm just speculating here. I haven't heard his work with Allison yet but I've been saying all this time that Bob probably feels that his vocal range is even more limited than it ever was before. It's very hard for him to sing those Zeppelin songs in the keys they were originally recorded in so everyone detuned to compensate on the London show right. I speculate that he's not completely comfortable trying to sing those songs anymore so he doesn't want to do a world tour because of that reason. This is my theory anyway. :munch:

warren0728
March 3rd, 2008, 04:39 PM
I'm just speculating here. I haven't heard his work with Allison yet but I've been saying all this time that Bob probably feels that his vocal range is even more limited than it ever was before. It's very hard for him to sing those Zeppelin songs in the keys they were originally recorded in so everyone detuned to compensate on the London show right. I speculate that he's not completely comfortable trying to sing those songs anymore so he doesn't want to do a world tour because of that reason. This is my theory anyway. :munch:
yeah that....and allison is hot :bravo: :beer: :AOK:

ww

Tone2TheBone
March 3rd, 2008, 05:08 PM
yeah that....and allison is hot :bravo: :beer: :AOK:

ww

Could be. Looks like he's trying to scam in this photo.....

http://www.thebluegrassblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/8/krauss_plant.jpg

Spudman
March 3rd, 2008, 05:40 PM
God, he looks like her grandpa. Still...I'd try to hit it.;) Her -not him.:thwap:

warren0728
March 3rd, 2008, 05:44 PM
God, he looks like her grandpa. Still...I'd try to hit it.;) Her -not him.:thwap:
glad you clarified the "hitee" :eek:

ww

bigoldron
March 4th, 2008, 10:17 PM

Hey, there's nothing wrong with looking like her grandpa. You can get away with a lot being a dirty old man (oh, he's just a harmless old man...), but being a middle-aged grabber is considered sexual harassment. But, as Fred Sanford used to say, "I'm a dirty old man and I'm gonna be a dirty old man til I'm a dead old man!" :crazyguy: :whatever:

And, YES Allison is HOT!