PDA

View Full Version : Leaf Blowers are your friend

Tone2TheBone
March 4th, 2008, 12:24 PM
What did I ever do without one??? Oh I know...spend hours and hours sweeping the patio and spraying it clean with water...not to mention never ever having a clean front yard cause the neighbor's leaves were all over the place! This thing is cool!!!

oldguy
March 4th, 2008, 12:33 PM
Cool! Now you just need a small composter/shredder to grind 'em up.
Then you can start a small worm farm and never run out of bait!:AOK:

Robert
March 4th, 2008, 12:38 PM
Hmm, well, where I live, snow blowers are your friend... :whatever:

Tone2TheBone
March 4th, 2008, 12:58 PM
Hmm, well, where I live, snow blowers are your friend... :whatever:

Yeah but dude snow melts and goes away. Leaves and dust don't!

oldguy
March 4th, 2008, 12:59 PM
(That's what the worms are for.........)

Justaguyin_nc
March 4th, 2008, 01:34 PM
Im to lazy to rake the yard and we have trees all around the place...
I always use the blower for a good yard sweep.. does wonders!!
And the gutters!!

Tone2TheBone
March 4th, 2008, 01:53 PM
See that's why we get along so well buddy. You're in the know!

Bloozcat
March 4th, 2008, 02:23 PM
It's funny how you forget about things like raking leaves when the trees stay green all year long...:D

Of course, the "leaf blower" is still good for blowing grass cuttings off the sidewalks and driveway...and not to mention it's value as an early morning payback tool for that neighbor who insists on keeping you awake late on weeknights. :AOK:

Katastrophe
March 4th, 2008, 02:28 PM
I live on a lot that's just shy of 1/2 acre, with a pretty good sized front and back yard... and there are trees everywhere that drop all of their leaves, to the point that I can't keep up with it. Without a leaf blower, I believe I would have gone nuts by now.

Self propelled lawn mowers are our friends, too.:D

Tone2TheBone
March 4th, 2008, 03:16 PM
I live on a lot that's just shy of 1/2 acre, with a pretty good sized front and back yard... and there are trees everywhere that drop all of their leaves, to the point that I can't keep up with it. Without a leaf blower, I believe I would have gone nuts by now.

Sounds like we have the same yard. I live on just under an acre myself and yeah the same thing happens at my place. Trees everywhere (mostly not even mine but a few in the front are). I figured I'd get a cool "yard sweeper" but I also got a cool patio sweeper cleaner too that baby blows away sand and dirt off my patio! 150 mph wind is pretty strong.

Bloozcat
March 4th, 2008, 03:22 PM

Twelve years ago we bought our current house. It's on a 1.03 acre lot that's mostly grass. And the grass here isn't the nice soft bladed rye grass found in the cooler climes. No, our lawn is called Floratam, a type of St. Augustine grass that is the lawn equivalent of elephant grass in texture....

In one of my better jobs of salesmanship, I proposed buying an big, expensive, riding lawnmower for cutting this pasture. After all, I reasoned, our puny little Snapper 22" self propelled mover was no match for this jungle. No, it would require a real lawnmover. When I told my wife what the thing would cost, she turned ashen and almost fainted. Seeing the desperation in her eyes, I seized the opportunity. I suggested that we just hire a lawn service. We could get a lot of lawn cutting for the cost of one of these behemoths, I calmly explained. And even though it would be a real blow to my manhood not to get that big, noisy, epitome of an internal combustion lawn chariot, I would relent, in the name of reason of course, and not spend the money....

So, every Monday when I get home now, the lawn's neatly manicured. And I haven't missed that lawnmover one bit....:D

Tone2TheBone
March 4th, 2008, 03:38 PM
I ended up getting a riding mower from Sears. It's got a holder for my beer too. :)

Katastrophe
March 4th, 2008, 03:53 PM
Seeing the desperation in her eyes, I seized the opportunity. I suggested that we just hire a lawn service. We could get a lot of lawn cutting for the cost of one of these behemoths, I calmly explained. And even though it would be a real blow to my manhood not to get that big, noisy, epitome of an internal combustion lawn chariot, I would relent, in the name of reason of course, and not spend the money....

So, every Monday when I get home now, the lawn's neatly manicured. And I haven't missed that lawnmover one bit....:D

That was beautiful... :D I bow at the feet of a true verbal judo master.:bravo: :master:

just strum
March 4th, 2008, 05:59 PM
It's good for cleaning off the lawn tractor.

Kazz
March 4th, 2008, 07:03 PM
I love my leaf blower....that is the one outdoor tool that I could not live without. I need to invest in the yard sweeper this spring. The leaf blower cleans my walks as well as the garage too....great tool....I even brought in once for the spring cleaning on our 1800sqft basement.

SuperSwede
March 5th, 2008, 11:57 AM
I ended up getting a riding mower from Sears. It's got a holder for my beer too. :)

DUI? I might have to call some cop friends in ABQ and let them know ;)

Tone2TheBone
March 5th, 2008, 12:04 PM
DUI? I might have to call some cop friends in ABQ and let them know ;)

hahaha not on the rez buddy I do what I want! :D

serries 10
March 5th, 2008, 12:30 PM
:beavisnbutthead: try a super leaf blower that blows over 300mph! that would be cool

Bloozcat
March 5th, 2008, 01:16 PM
:beavisnbutthead: try a super leaf blower that blows over 300mph! that would be cool

We already have those here. They're called hurricanes.....;)