PDA

View Full Version : Sigler Music Center = Great Customer Service

Spudman
March 4th, 2008, 06:16 PM
I received a Peavey Generation Triple guitar today from Sigler Music. When I opened the box this is what I found. The guitar was triple boxed. Original manufacturers box, tight outer box over that and then an over sized shipping box. The outer large box was not damaged so the damage came probably when the guitar was shipped from the factory to the distributor Sigler Music.

I immediately took two photos and emailed them to Sigler. Within one hour I got a call on the phone saying FedEx will be getting a claim and contacting me and that another guitar has already been shipped. ONE HOUR! Come on Musician's F***** let's see you top that!

Sigler Music is in Fort Smith Arkansas. They have an Ebay store and their house brand of products is OSP.

There isn't anyone I've ever dealt with that has that good of customer service. I highly recommend them if you are tired of the other guys and their same old lameness.

FYI. They are blowing out the Generation Triples for $150 and shipping. These guitars belong in the 400-500 dollar range easily.

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w149/srspud/Guitars/Peavey001.jpg
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w149/srspud/Guitars/Peavey003.jpg

Dreadman
March 4th, 2008, 07:05 PM
Wow. That is pretty good CS. I'm curious about this though

The outer large box was not damaged so the damage came probably when the guitar was shipped from the factory to the distributor Sigler Music.

.......I got a call on the phone saying FedEx will be getting a claim

Was FedEx the shipper that delivered it to Sigler damaged? Is the claim on that original shipment or on the shipment to you (which caused no damage to the outer box)?

ZMAN
March 4th, 2008, 07:26 PM
I have seen evidence of that type of damge before. You can put all the boxes you want but if the guitar is slammed down the tension on the strings will pop her. I have seen this with mostly Gibby or Epi quitars and the headstock are usually snapped. I guess the weakest point on the bolt ons is the screws. I hate to see that type of thing in a mail order guitar, but it is just the handling by Fed Ex.
I received an elitist LP Custom and the box was trashed. I was afraid to open it but the guitar and the case were untouched and prisitine.
Hope your new one arrives in one piece.

Spudman
March 4th, 2008, 08:52 PM
Actually, the inner box showed damage that was not able to happen in this shipping instance. The outer box showed no punctures or tweaks but the inner box did. Therefore I assume that it happened prior to being put inside the larger shipping box.

It's possible that the string tension did pop the neck screws. I have no way of knowing what really happened. I can only speculate, but the bottom line is that Sigler is promptly making things right. The other big guys don't ever work that fast from my experiences with them.

ZMAN
March 5th, 2008, 08:03 AM
Yes I guess you forget that the guitars have to be shipped FROM the maker to the distributor. I would have thought that the warehouse would have been a little tighter on the shape of inbound product. I worked in the manufacturing end and we would not tolerate anything even slightly damaged inbound. That being said they are obviously going to make it right, and in a very timely fashion. MF etc. have a 40 day return policy, and yes I have heard horror stories about shipments, and returns. With the new product being damaged as well. Good luck. BTW does Sigler have Web site

Spudman
March 5th, 2008, 08:17 AM
They sure do. http://www.siglermusic.com/

They also supply my local music store.

ZMAN
March 5th, 2008, 08:24 AM
Interesting. I don't have a Tele. I had one a while back and it was one of the Customs with the the set neck and the dual hummbuckers with coil tap. I didn't like it because it was too thin and toylike. The only one I really liked was the 52, which that peavey is very much like. The only difference was that the Fender was 10 times the price. I will be interested in seeing some feedback on the Peavey. I always wanted to get one of the old Peaveys that Johnny Copeland played on SRVs Live at Montreux DVD. It had a really great tone.

mrmudcat
March 5th, 2008, 08:42 AM
This is one of my fav. traders on the bay.I have always had a great expieriece dealing with them!!!:AOK: