PDA

View Full Version : IKEA trap

Jimi75
March 5th, 2008, 07:48 AM
Okay, for those of you who have a IKEA in their town.

Whom of you guys ever managed to go to IKEA with his wife and to get out without having bought at least some small thing?

I have never succeeded in doing so. But the day it should happen will be marked with a red pen in my calendar!

:rotflmao:

Mr Grumpy
March 5th, 2008, 08:07 AM
Its completely impossible. As is going back through the store against the tide of human traffic if you forget something.

My wife used to work in the complaints/returns section of our local IKEA. It was very busy...

Robert
March 5th, 2008, 08:08 AM
It is a smart design! And it works! And it's Swedish... :poke:

Spudman
March 5th, 2008, 08:15 AM
Hey, we finally got electricity here. No IKEA stores in sight thank goodness.
I hope soon they pave some of the roads and we get telephone service.

Algonquin
March 5th, 2008, 08:25 AM
Hey, we just got flush toilets here in Canada not more than ten years ago...

We're hoping to get our first highway in the next couple of years, then we can drive to IKEA and check what all the hubbub is about.

Do they sell meatballs?

Spudman
March 5th, 2008, 10:00 AM
We're hoping to get our first highway in the next couple of years, then we can drive to IKEA and check what all the hubbub is about.

Do they sell meatballs?

The meatballs probably shop there.:D :rotflmao: Otherwise it's called slavery, but since you recently got flush toilets it might still be legal there.

marnold
March 5th, 2008, 10:10 AM
Do they sell meatballs?
The one I was at in the Twin Cities has a diner and yes they have Swedish meatballs.

Mr Grumpy
March 5th, 2008, 10:43 AM
Do they sell meatballs?

Ohhh, the meatballs....I suffered a minor addiction to them a while back. Thought I had it beat........mmmmmmmmmm

Jampy
March 5th, 2008, 10:46 AM

Do they sell meatballs?

Drive? what is this thing you speak of..

Actually, we go to Ikea a few times a year to actually buy something that we both agree on, this system has worked for us over the years with out having any kind of spaz attacks.
:beer:

aeolian
March 5th, 2008, 11:10 AM
Okay, for those of you who have a IKEA in their town.

Whom of you guys ever managed to go to IKEA with his wife and to get out without having bought at least some small thing?

I have never succeeded in doing so. But the day it should happen will be marked with a red pen in my calendar!

:rotflmao:

My experience is exactly the same.

Tone2TheBone
March 5th, 2008, 11:21 AM

Do they sell meatballs?

Check your local theater dude Star Wars may already be showing now. ;)

We don't have one of those stores here yet.

Adrian30
March 5th, 2008, 11:30 AM
Speaking of Ikea...

http://net.typepad.com/net/2007/02/the_15_ikea_gui.html

Cal
March 5th, 2008, 01:11 PM
Jimi I love IKEA!

http://www.ikea.com/PIAimages/20345_PE105506_S3.jpg

And that's my favorite (acoustic) guitar playing stool for so little (http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/24286205). :AOK:

marnold
March 5th, 2008, 01:17 PM
I forgot to add in response to Jimi's original question, yes, I get nervous when my wife gets near Ikea. I think Admiral Ackbar said it best:

http://photo.gangus.com/d/26788-2/ackbar.jpg

Radioboy950
March 5th, 2008, 01:47 PM
It is a smart design! And it works! And it's Swedish... :poke:
Those darn Swedes.
They cursed me with IKEA, but I suppose they made up for it with Lidstrom and holmstrom…Zetterberg and Samuelsson. Not bad. :)

Katastrophe
March 5th, 2008, 04:11 PM
IKEA rocks... We refurnished our oldest's room with their stuff. I like that they use a lot of recycled material in their products. IKEA stuff is clean, functional, and relatively inexpensive. I can't go in there and not buy something.

markb
March 5th, 2008, 04:37 PM
Hey, I moved to New Zealand to avoid going to IKEA, a desperate plan but it worked :)

Mr Grumpy
March 6th, 2008, 06:51 AM
They'll find you - one day, they'll find you :eek: