PDA

View Full Version : Original Music

Spudman
March 5th, 2008, 12:35 PM
While cleaning up the dump I call my studio the other day I ran across a whole bunch of recordings that I have on cassette of original music with my old bands and home studio pieces on 4 track cassette.

I'll be turning some material into digital and sharing them from time to time.

This first track is called Powder Bill. It's a story of the legendary skier from Grand Targhee resort. This recording was an outdoor concert in Billings Montana to raise money for victims of the Yellowstone Flood of 97.

Powder Bill (http://www.box.net/shared/8vyf2a1s0c) (click)

Spudman
March 5th, 2008, 02:21 PM
This is Habit I Have To Break (http://www.box.net/shared/eaqb6r10c0) It's a funky bluesy tune.

This is one of my home demos. I did them so that the ideas wouldn't get lost. They certainly weren't meant for release as a finished project. If I can I'll try to find the version I did live with the band for comparison.

oldguy
March 5th, 2008, 09:20 PM
Spud,
Thanks for posting these. You guys had a kickin' band. Post some more when you can. I'm really enjoying listening to this. :AOK:

Spudman
March 5th, 2008, 10:57 PM
Thanks. I will from time to time. It takes me a while to get the stuff into the computer, go through the boxes of tapes (remember cassettes?), etc. but that's my plan. Glad you enjoyed.

sunvalleylaw
March 5th, 2008, 11:30 PM
Sounds great, and like the show was a lot of fun! (Powder Bill clip) Nice screaming solo out of that amph! Which one was it? And which git-fiddle?

Will get to the other clip next.

Wow, I like that one even better. Same questions. And keep 'em coming.

Did you Spugyver a new mixer to make it easier yet? LOL!

Spudman
March 6th, 2008, 10:16 PM
One more clip from the archive. This one is an acoustic number called Little Bird. (http://www.box.net/shared/njp9jkgows)

sunvalleylaw
March 7th, 2008, 12:12 AM
You wrote these things, man?!! Man that last one was beautiful too. Where was the venue where you played this benefit? I can imagine an intermountain field with red wing blackbirds, sage, grass, hills and sky, and some nice music going on. Thanks for the nice visual, generated by the nice sounds. :AOK:

Jipes
March 7th, 2008, 04:16 AM
While cleaning up the dump I call my studio the other day I ran across a whole bunch of recordings that I have on cassette of original music with my old bands and home studio pieces on 4 track cassette.

I'll be turning some material into digital and sharing them from time to time.

This first track is called Powder Bill. It's a story of the legendary skier from Grand Targhee resort. This recording was an outdoor concert in Billings Montana to raise money for victims of the Yellowstone Flood of 97.

Powder Bill (http://www.box.net/shared/8vyf2a1s0c) (click)

Whaouuuuhhhhh :dude: :rockon: It really rocks the intro is excellent and the overall performance really great. It makes me think of Wet Willie or Marshall Tucker band,

Really some kickin' *** licks and groovy rythmn section, nice voice as well for sure a real good moment :AOK:

Jipes
March 7th, 2008, 04:22 AM
I like the vocal harmonies on Little Bird really a nice mix :AOK:

SuperSwede
March 7th, 2008, 10:35 AM
Awesome! I wish that I had some old recordings of my old bands!

Thanks for sharing Spud!

Katastrophe
March 7th, 2008, 03:12 PM
Wow, Spud, you were cuttin' loose on "Powder Bill". Very nice, man!:master:

I dig the funky groove on "Habit". Good stuff! Is that you singing on this one?

"Little Bird" was really good. I liked the vocal harmonies. Good song...:master:

Thanks for sharing these, Spud.:AOK:

Spudman
March 7th, 2008, 06:42 PM
Thanks Kat.
I sing Little Bird and Habit.
I'm still going through material to see what else is postable. Talk about memories...or lack of.;) Maybe you'll catch my drift.:D

tot_Ou_tard
March 7th, 2008, 07:19 PM
Fantastic Spud!!!

Lighter in the air!!!

I was born in Montana & have many relatives there.

I've skied througout the Intermountain West as a kid.

Jackson Hole was one of my favorites.

Sunvalley was a kick too, Steve numero 2.

More!!! More!!!!

street music
March 14th, 2008, 05:38 AM
Spud, man those are great and you did a great job on the vocals too. Habit is my favorite but Little Bird has such good harmony.
Thanks for posting.:bravo:

Spudman
March 14th, 2008, 07:25 AM
Thanks guys. I'm glad that you enjoy them. I have plenty more. It's just a matter of finding time to sort through the tapes to find the good ones. I'll get more up soon.

oldguy
March 14th, 2008, 09:26 PM
Thanks Kat.
. Talk about memories...or lack of.;) Maybe you'll catch my drift.:D
A little "toasted" are we?...;) ...:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :thwap:
Really enjoying the songs. Please post some more, as time allows.
Nice vocals, btw.....