PDA

View Full Version : ELIZABETH (for Merlin)

Cal
March 5th, 2008, 02:28 PM
Merlin introduced me to this one and I simply can't stop playing it. Thanks buddy! :AOK:

Maybe not something you "dark side" guys would go for... but heck, it's so simple (acoustic guitar and vocal wise) and maybe that's the beauty of it. These guys (Jimmy Fortune, Dailey and Vincent) have fun and spread the fun to the listener, IMO. (I hope you like it too.)

BKvXQGotOSQ

strumsalot
March 5th, 2008, 02:54 PM
Great...now I'm gonna have this song stuck in my head again for weeks.:thwap:

Thanks Cal.:D :D :D

Tone2TheBone
March 5th, 2008, 03:01 PM
I've really begun to appreciate the simple pleasure and fun of acoustic playing with vocals lately. This was really neat Cal thanks. I wish I had some of you guys near me so we could get together and do things like that. I been playing tons of Beatles songs, NY songs, America songs, Eagles songs (anything with acoustics) and singing along and it's been great fun. My daughters join in on the vocals too so that's even more fun. Oldest does a mean Sheryl Crow vocal. Acoustics and vocals man! Love it love love it...thanks Cal!

strumsalot
March 5th, 2008, 03:19 PM
I know whatcha mean Tone. That's my favorite style of music, if can call it a style. An acoustic guitar and a couple of voices, maybe even two acoustics and a three part harmony...I just love that type of sound.

Cal you nailed it. I think the simplicity is the beauty of it, although harmonies like that are definitely not simple, at least for me.

snarph
March 5th, 2008, 03:43 PM
just sound great no pretense just great

merlin
March 5th, 2008, 06:11 PM
That's what I am talking about Cal.
Cal, you should have heard them do this song live it was awesome!
After they finished my buddy yelled "one more time" and they said "you guys paid to get in, so we would be happy to do it again". They sung the chorus one more time and it was great! After the second time Jamie said "I would like to sing Elizabeth all night but it takes a lot out of you".
I then took that moment for my somewhat under the influence of adult beverages idiot moment. I yelled out "Statler Brothers Rock!!!!!!" Jimmy Fortune thought that was funny and he laughed for quite awhile.
It was not as bad as when I yelled out "Waffle house Rocks!!!!!!" later in the show, but that is beside the point.
I have always been a big Statler Brothers fan and a Jamie Dailey (formerly the lead singer of the Doyle Lawson band) fan and this video is one of my all time favorites.

Thanks for posting this Cal. I have debated on posting this. I never know if I should post something or not.