PDA

View Full Version : Satriani

SuperSwede
April 3rd, 2006, 01:32 PM
Perhaps this is old news, but I got a mail from the Swedish Ibanez retailer. They have put up the Satriani NAMM 05 show. Really worth watching!

http://www.crafton.se/satriani/satriani.html

Tone2TheBone
April 3rd, 2006, 01:35 PM
WARNING : This is a really stupid question....

....why is Satch bald now?

Nelskie
April 3rd, 2006, 01:58 PM
Not totally sure on this Tone, but I've narrowed it down to (5) possible reasons:

1.) He decided that he'd rather be playing guitar for those 3-5 minutes that he'd been fussing with his hair in the morning (like he needs the practice!)

2.) The heat rising up off of the fretboard from his furious solos was causing him to sweat profusely, and in turn, wet hair to stick to his face ~ which he didn't like. The new, aerodynamic doo solved that problem.

3.) Joe's always been a big fan of the hit 70's cop show Kojak, starring Telly Savalas. Joe uses a chrome Ibanez RG custom instead of a lollipop for his signature "schtick". Hey, who loves ya' baby?

4.) His wife digs the look. I mean really digs the look.

5.) He's an avid hat-wearer, and hats just seem to fit better without any hair.

There it is. I'm tapped. Anybody know the real reason?

Tone2TheBone
April 3rd, 2006, 02:02 PM
hahaha leave it to you bro for some funny arse verbage. I hope it ain't cause he's sick!

Nelskie
April 3rd, 2006, 02:07 PM
Geez, I don't think so. At least to my knowledge. I think we'd have heard something about it if he was. He's been bald since the release of Crystal Planet, and that was awhile back - like the late 90's.

Personally, I think he looks very cool bald.

warren0728
April 3rd, 2006, 02:09 PM
ersonally, I think he looks very cool bald.
in a manly sorta way though...right nelskie :p

SuperSwede
April 3rd, 2006, 02:09 PM
I am losing most of my hair too, so maybe he likes to keep it shaved.

Tone2TheBone
April 3rd, 2006, 02:11 PM
The cute little beanies he wears are funny. I could never understand why bald guys wear hats. I think Ron H. should just go all the way and shave it down (off).

Tim
April 3rd, 2006, 02:11 PM
I only look like I am going bald if viewed from the back or when I bend over. The rest of me has hair! When I look in the mirror I see hair, so I am happy.

Tone2TheBone
April 3rd, 2006, 02:13 PM
I'm lucky to have LOTS of hair...it's just almost all grey though! I guess I'm still lucky.

SuperSwede
April 3rd, 2006, 02:14 PM
you had awesome robert plant hair in that fishing pic tone! I wish that I could have long hair again, but when it became so thin I decided to cut it short.

warren0728
April 3rd, 2006, 02:15 PM
I'm lucky to have LOTS of hair...it's just almost all grey though! I guess I'm still lucky.
same here tone....got tons of it (i'm trying to let it grow out after years of sporting the buzz cut) but it is getting grey!

ww

Tone2TheBone
April 3rd, 2006, 02:17 PM
Warren - if you and I ever get thinning hair (which I doubt anyway) lets not wear funny beanies deal? :)

warren0728
April 3rd, 2006, 02:18 PM
Warren - if you and I ever get thinning hair (which I doubt anyway) lets not wear funny beanies deal? :)
that's a deal....i'm not much of a hat guy!

ww

Tim
April 3rd, 2006, 03:19 PM
Grey thin hair is better than no hair. Rejoice in what you got ... while you got it!

Tone2TheBone
April 3rd, 2006, 04:10 PM
...so did we ever find out why Satch is bald?

Tim
April 3rd, 2006, 04:16 PM
He is old with gray with thinning hair and decided to be cool like the rest of the hair challenged people.

Tone2TheBone
April 3rd, 2006, 04:20 PM
So it's not chemo related then? Good.

Spudman
April 3rd, 2006, 09:44 PM
Thanks for posting that video link. It is much appreciated. By the way Joe's new album "Super Colossal" is one of his most listenable albums in a while. It is very well done, catchy and not too over the head.

Tone2TheBone
April 4th, 2006, 08:03 AM
Well now I'm pissed because I just overheard on the radio this morning that Satch AND Eric Johnson are coming to town. I checked Ticketmaster online and looks like all the good seats are already sold. Frik. Of course now I am on their email alert list........

I could probably still get cheap seats and listen to them I already know what they look like. LMAO