PDA

View Full Version : Good Evening

just strum
March 6th, 2008, 07:26 PM
Good Evening Fretters, this is Strum coming to you live from Mississauga, Ontario, Canada

Before we go to a commercial break, this one goes out to all the lawyers out there tonight listening in Fretland.

S5puAN1PGQw

and one for all you fretters getting new guitar, gear, or just get excited when playing guitar.

7eUsSXXc8wU&feature=related

marnold
March 6th, 2008, 08:00 PM
Warren Zevon rules. RIP

I've always felt that the "doo wahs" in the background of "Excitable Boy" when describing all of the horrible things the title character does is a very effective and creepy juxtaposition.

His cover of "Raspberry Beret" with REM is awesome.

sunvalleylaw
March 6th, 2008, 08:30 PM
Good Zevon stuff Strum! An old favorite from law school times. I even got to see him up in Portland, OR during that time.

Here is another of my favorites that my law school mates and I would air guitar and sing to after late night . . . um . . . studying. ;)

WhRRWwH3Fro

just strum
March 7th, 2008, 07:31 AM
Time to go beat up a supplier - the next time I post I will be back in the States with a potential storm bearing down on Northern Ohio with snow potential of in excess of 1 foot.

But I will be back home and be able to play my guitars.

Have a great day!!!

just strum
March 7th, 2008, 07:45 PM
Well the storm that was suppose to hit early evening, hit about 20 minutes after I left Toronto, or at least the first wave. By the time I hit Buffalo I passed 3 accidents. From Buffalo to Erie, PA I saw countless accidents, one that had us sitting on I90 at a standstill for one hour. The 5 hour drive home took 8.5 hours.

I got home and said "I missed you so much, I don't think I could go another day without you" my wife smiled and said that is so nice and then I had to tell her I was talking to the Strat:D (just joking)

tot_Ou_tard
March 7th, 2008, 08:50 PM
Well the storm that was suppose to hit early evening, hit about 20 minutes after I left Toronto, or at least the first wave. By the time I hit Buffalo I passed 3 accidents. From Buffalo to Erie, PA I saw countless accidents, one that had us sitting on I90 at a standstill for one hour. The 5 hour drive home took 8.5 hours.

I got home and said "I missed you so much, I don't think I could go another day without you" my wife smiled and said that is so nice and then I had to tell her I was talking to the Strat:D (just joking)
Gald you made it home safe Strummy!

--your strat.

KrisH
March 8th, 2008, 08:24 AM
In my old home town there was a band that called themselves "Lawyers, Guns & Money" -- consisting of a couple hunting enthusiasts, someone who had a day job at a bank, and a local attorney on keys. Rumor ;) ;) has it they sometimes took their pay from a particular bar in white powder. 20+ years later, the keyboardist is now the president judge in that small two-judge county. :eek: Funny how things work out.

just strum
March 8th, 2008, 08:33 AM
In my old home town there was a band that called themselves "Lawyers, Guns & Money" -- consisting of a couple hunting enthusiasts, someone who had a day job at a bank, and a local attorney on keys. Rumor ;) ;) has it they sometimes took their pay from a particular bar in white powder. 20+ years later, the keyboardist is now the president judge in that small two-judge county. :eek: Funny how things work out.

I know a couple of stories like that. I guess it is a product of the era when we grew up. Oh wait, I never grew up.