PDA

View Full Version : acoustic night

Childbride
March 6th, 2008, 10:01 PM
so shiner and i started this venture together; it was an adventure, outside of our law practices, and something we both loved.

we both noodled on the guitar in the evenings [shiner already knew guitar], and he taught me songs.

then i started taking lessons, and the type A personality that i am, i started focusing completely on all my lesson songs, and lost some of that early 'funning around' time with my husband. and now, all of my lesson songs are electric.

tonight, after supper, both really tired from long days, he picked up an acoustic. and i went and picked up Autumn (my Washburn Augusta).

and we just looked at each other and grinned.

we started playing all of our goofy ole jimmy buffet songs, et al, and everything got Better.

we've decided that Thursday nights are our official acoustic night in the house. just us, just jammin', lessons be darned.

there's more to life than structure. :D :beer:

life is too short.

;)

Skip77
March 6th, 2008, 10:08 PM
I'm really glad to hear this CB - you were starting to scare me there for a minute. Great to keep the fun and freedom in it, huh?

Childbride
March 6th, 2008, 10:20 PM
I'm really glad to hear this CB - you were starting to scare me there for a minute. Great to keep the fun and freedom in it, huh?

your life is calendared in minutes that you share with other people and try to make a difference. if you forget that, then all is lost and meaningless...

music is a universal language that shares the best in all that we are. we are capable of beautiful things, if we but forget ourselves and connect.

Jipes
March 7th, 2008, 04:20 AM
Life has some bad moments but music has always helped me so I'm glad to hear that you devoted one day for having fun together around playing songs that's really nice :AOK:

Plank_Spanker
March 7th, 2008, 12:14 PM
I miss acoustic nights........................

I used to go over to a friend's house about every other Friday evening, enjoy a great meal, break out some good wine, and jam away on the acoustics 'til the wee hours - great fun! :D

sunvalleylaw
March 7th, 2008, 12:21 PM
Sounds good! Margaritaville, Peaceful Easy Feeling, Heart of Gold, etc. Good stuff to strum. Good for you for making time to do it together.

Plank_Spanker
March 7th, 2008, 01:00 PM
Sounds good! Margaritaville, Peaceful Easy Feeling, Heart of Gold, etc. Good stuff to strum. Good for you for making time to do it together.

Ah.............................great memories...................:D

street music
March 7th, 2008, 04:52 PM
YESTERDAY comes to mind, or maybe Time In a Bottle. CB, that's great to hear you the Shine taking time together , I play and my wife goes in another room to watch LIFETIME or OPRAH.