PDA

View Full Version : Live Wire Advantage Instrument Cables

sunvalleylaw
March 7th, 2008, 12:22 AM
Just a short review here. Just got a coupla new cables, an 18.5 footer, and a short 5 footer for my noise suppression loop from my NS-2 pedal made by these guys.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Live-Wire-Advantage-Series-14-Straight-Instrument-Cable?sku=330470

I got them as part of my coupon purchase from MF. I have to say I am pleasantly surprised. I was just trying to get a coupla more lengths of cable, since my son needs some now. These got good reviews at MF, and the price was decent. I replaced two cables in my rig, a 20 foot MF housebrand, and another housebrand 10 footer from the local store made by Starsound or something like that. (those go to my son to replace the cheapy that came with the Fullerton he received) I am not sure which of those cables was causing noise, but using these live wire ones really eliminates some noise in my rig. I almost did not turn on the NS-2, despite using the Bad Monkey, and DS-1, which added noise with my old cables, esp. the DS-1. The price was good, and these seem better shielded than the stuff I replaced. I did not expect to reduce noise by buying these, but they seem to help. Other factors may be at play and YMMV of course.

Anyway, seems like good stuff. And a lifetime warranty. :AOK:

Spudman
March 7th, 2008, 01:03 AM
Good to know Jean Claude Young. :cool: Inexpensive and sound good with a lifetime warranty. Thanks for the heads up on these.