PDA

View Full Version : I hate DS time!!!!!!!!

Lunaray
March 7th, 2008, 06:19 AM
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!! It just aint natural! :flamemad:

just strum
March 7th, 2008, 06:34 AM
I'm having a hard enough time getting up for work as it is, this is really going to screw me up - I'm with you. Plus it means yard work is right around the corner and you know what that takes time away from:flamemad:

:smile-us: I figure I would fly the flag of origin.
:canada: and the flag of location.

Brian Krashpad
March 7th, 2008, 07:10 AM
Ds?

just strum
March 7th, 2008, 07:18 AM
Daylight Savings Time

Brian Krashpad
March 7th, 2008, 07:33 AM
Daylight Savings Time

Thanks. I shouldn't post before coffee.

warren0728
March 7th, 2008, 08:59 AM
i like it....gives the kids more time to play outside....to me getting dark at 5:30 isn't natural....

ww

moon
March 7th, 2008, 09:05 AM
I get more time to enjoy yardwork and beer in the evenings. Now if only the ground were not so frozen, like the tundra...

Brian Krashpad
March 7th, 2008, 09:10 AM
I get more time to enjoy yardwork and beer in the evenings. Now if only the ground were not so frozen, like the tundra...

Ground... frozen...?

Sorry, I don't understand what that means.

You must live in one of those weird places where really cold white stuff falls from the sky.

:D

Tone2TheBone
March 7th, 2008, 09:13 AM
I like it before they change it back in the fall. I like longer days. So I think I'm going to like Sunday.

warren0728
March 7th, 2008, 09:20 AM
Ground... frozen...?

Sorry, I don't understand what that means.

You must live in one of those weird places where really cold white stuff falls from the sky.
i was thinking the same.... :beer:

ww

Brian Krashpad
March 7th, 2008, 09:24 AM
i was thinking the same.... :beer:

ww

We're a cruel lot, we two.

;)

Spudman
March 7th, 2008, 09:30 AM
We're a cruel lot, we two.

;)
Bugs? Tornadoes? Hurricanes? Old people? What are those? Oh, you must live in one of those places.:rotflmao: :D

Lunaray
March 7th, 2008, 09:34 AM
I hate light, I even hate light bulbs, except for all of the LED twinklies on my stereo & computer equipment that twinkle for me in the dark.

Brian Krashpad
March 7th, 2008, 09:38 AM
Bugs? Tornadoes? Hurricanes? Old people? What are those? Oh, you must live in one of those places.:rotflmao: :D

I'm pretty sure that bugs, tornadoes and old people can be found all over North America.

Hurricanes not so much, but anywhere on the Gulf Coast and the southern part of the Atlantic Coast.

As far as concentrations of old people go, that's primarily central and especially south Florida, Orlando and southward. No so much north Florida where I live.

But if it makes you feel better, is is raining today. :tongue:

strumsalot
March 7th, 2008, 09:39 AM
I'm with you Ray:mad:. I wish they would pick a time and just leave it be. The spring always turned my 13 hour shift at the hospital into a 14 hour night, not to mention screwing with charting and meds.

BTW we got some of that cold white stuff falling from the sky this morning. In these parts of Texas we usually get it maybe once every 4-5 years; however, we got an inch or so last Easter which fell in April and now this in March. Global warming stinks!:D

moon
March 7th, 2008, 10:13 AM
You FLA guys slay me.

Crazy thing is - in this part of Mi., our summers are a lot like yours - hot, humid, buggie... except we have ALL of the Great Lakes and their precious fresh water! Well, except for Lake Ontario, but that one is kinda different, at least in the parts of NY I've been to.

pes_laul
March 7th, 2008, 10:14 AM
i like it....gives the kids more time to play outside....to me getting dark at 5:30 isn't natural....

ww
I'm with you on this one. But the time I get home From school It get darks like two hours later. which means If I wanto go to a friends House I'm there for like 45 minutes:thwap:

luvmyshiner
March 7th, 2008, 10:53 AM
Gotta admit I'm no fan of daylight savings, especially in the spring. Now in the fall it's not so bad because I get an extra hour of sleep.

Hey Chad, we got an inch and a half of snow last night. Almost shut the town down.:rotflmao: It's weird, Wednesday the temp was in the 80's, today we have snow.

Brian Krashpad
March 7th, 2008, 01:12 PM
You FLA guys slay me.

Crazy thing is - in this part of Mi., our summers are a lot like yours - hot, humid, buggie... except we have ALL of the Great Lakes and their precious fresh water!

We're working on desalinization.

I believe Tampa has a plant up and running.

North Florida, where I live, has lots of springs and a good supply of fresh water via the Floridan aquifer. Some of the best cave and spring diving in the world too. It's further south where it's so overpopulated that they've got a problem. Miami needs major deslinization efforts so Lake Okeechobee and the surrounding wetlands can be restored and recharge. They already buggered up the ecosystem down there bigtime by draining wetlands and putting in canals.

moon
March 7th, 2008, 01:33 PM
We're working on desalinization.

I believe Tampa has a plant up and running.

North Florida, where I live, has lots of springs and a good supply of fresh water via the Floridan aquifer.

Cool. I guess I didn't know there was much desalination going on in the continental US.

Brian Krashpad
March 7th, 2008, 02:08 PM
Cool. I guess I didn't know there was much desalination going on in the continental US.

It's still in its infancy. From what I've heard they had a lot of cost overruns and tech problems getting the Tampa plant up and running. But they're going to have to do a lot more of it because north Florida is going to fight to protect our wellfields/aquifer tooth and nail. South Florida is going to try and divert our water to make up for their lack, but we've seen what LA has done in Cal so hopefully will avoid that result.

moon
March 7th, 2008, 02:23 PM
Oooooh... water battles! We Michiganders are getting all protective of our water too. Seems there's a lot of folks who think we should share, but we think it's ours, and need it to maintain what little economy is left from the offshoring of the auto industry. We love the out-of-staters who swim, boat, and fish our waters! When it's not so cold, of course.:AOK:

Tim
March 7th, 2008, 07:01 PM
North Florida, where I live, has lots of springs and a good supply of fresh water via the Floridan aquifer. Some of the best cave and spring diving in the world too.

Brian - I dove in one of those springs that you refer to back in 1976 when I lived in Fort Walton Beach. Blue Springs if I remember the name correctly. It's a killer. The cave goes into a corkscrew type spiral down deep. Several divers never made it back to the surface alive. I think it was finally blocked off at the inner entrance.

tot_Ou_tard
March 7th, 2008, 07:36 PM
I'm pretty sure that bugs, tornadoes and old people can be found all over North America.

I grew up in California. No bugs, no tornados. Plenty of old people & O yeah Earthquakes!

I wasn't aware that next Monday was the ritual of Coming Late into Work.

It works better if you don't know ahead of time ;).

just strum
March 7th, 2008, 09:41 PM
I grew up in California. No bugs, no tornados. Plenty of old people & O yeah Earthquakes!

I wasn't aware that next Monday was the ritual of Coming Late into Work.

It works better if you don't know ahead of time ;).

I'm going to try to use "I forgot to set my clock ahead" the remainder of March.

Brian Krashpad
March 7th, 2008, 09:41 PM
Oooooh... water battles! We Michiganders are getting all protective of our water too. Seems there's a lot of folks who think we should share, but we think it's ours, and need it to maintain what little economy is left from the offshoring of the auto industry. We love the out-of-staters who swim, boat, and fish our waters! When it's not so cold, of course.:AOK:

Several years ago I actually did a work project about a couple counties downstate fighting over water rights. In Florida it gets very complicated, as we have regional Water Management Districts that are their own little governments and effectively superior (vis-a-vis water rights) to the counties included within their territory.

Brian Krashpad
March 7th, 2008, 09:55 PM
Brian - I dove in one of those springs that you refer to back in 1976 when I lived in Fort Walton Beach. Blue Springs if I remember the name correctly. It's a killer. The cave goes into a corkscrew type spiral down deep. Several divers never made it back to the surface alive. I think it was finally blocked off at the inner entrance.

Yes Blue Springs is one of many in our area. There are literally hundreds of springs in North Florida.

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/3600/springsmapfd1.jpg

just strum
March 9th, 2008, 06:36 AM
Well it arrived with little fanfare except I had to get up at 6:00 AM this morning, but hit the snooze six times until it was 7. This week is going to be a b.......

Any time change (DS, jet lag) throws me way out of wack. Hell, I get jet lag just driving past an airport.

marnold
March 9th, 2008, 11:27 AM
The only problem I had with it is, knowing that I had to get up this morning, I couldn't fall asleep until 3 A.M. I'm surprised I'm still conscious.

Lunaray
March 9th, 2008, 11:35 AM
Ah but it's good for the crops, they get more sun this way!

Remember, spring back, fall forward!!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr again!!!

sunvalleylaw
March 9th, 2008, 12:47 PM
It is momentarily not as nice when it is darker again in the mornings, but I love the long Idaho evenings as spring and summer come on. It is like getting an extra hour to enjoy the outdoors.

moon
March 10th, 2008, 05:49 AM
The singer in my band and I woke up at 10:30 yesterday, only to realize`it was 11:30. (It's OK - we're married!) So, eventhough we got home at 4am, after I set the clock, it was time to get up. After getting somewhat used to these late nights on weekends (we play 2-4 times per month, 1 and 2 nighters), DST is just another minor perturbation of life in general - like not having clean pants.

Ro3b
March 10th, 2008, 06:49 AM
When I saw the thread title my first thought was "hm, dominant/submissive time?"

just strum
March 10th, 2008, 05:34 PM
Well, it may be mental, but I was late for work and had a hard time staying awake while driving in. Fortunately there is a lot of straight road so I got an extra half hour of sleep:D