PDA

View Full Version : Pics of my axes

Kodiak3D
March 7th, 2008, 05:21 PM
I posted this at the tail end of another post, but I wanted to post it separately just to show 'em to everyone. My apologies for the repeat.

On the left is my Washburn Idol WI64 DL. She's got black pearl top GFS Dream 180 pickups in her, goldknobs with black pearl tops, and there's a black pearl pickguard and a gold truss rod cover on the way from terrapinguitars.com. Bought this one brand new.

On the right is my Washburn X-33. Stock except for new pots/caps and the aforementioned 60's-70's greybottom pickups. Got her from eBay. I like the X-33, but the new ones don't have the "X" on the 12th fret. I think it adds a little chracter to the axe, so I got a used one. Sounds great!

http://www.kodiak3d.com/axes.jpg

warren0728
March 7th, 2008, 05:23 PM
wow that Washburn Idol WI64 DL looks great....i like trans blue and that top looks sweet....thanks for the pics!! :bravo:

ww

tot_Ou_tard
March 7th, 2008, 05:41 PM
I like the headstock on that X.

Not so fond of the X, but then again who'd want a world full of tots?

:rotflmao: There *is* such a world (according to my wife) but it's certainly not the earth.:rotflmao:

Kodiak3D
March 7th, 2008, 05:46 PM
Thanks! They're the only two I have...for now.

GAS is starting to set in, however. I get the feeling an SX 57 strat or an SX tele may be on the horizon before long. Looking hard at this blue Xavier XV-700 as well.

http://store.guitarfetish.com/xvblmegfscrp.html

There's something satisfying about having a great sounding guitar and not paying a fortune for it.

strumsalot
March 7th, 2008, 07:14 PM
That Idol is one sweet guit, love the top and cut-away. The Idol has giving me the worst and longest case of GAS ever.:D

tot_Ou_tard
March 7th, 2008, 07:16 PM
The Idol has giving me the worst and longest case of GAS ever.:D
Light a match...that is the required abolution.

Kodiak3D
March 7th, 2008, 08:35 PM
That Idol is one sweet guit, love the top and cut-away. The Idol has giving me the worst and longest case of GAS ever.:D

I really like my Idol. The Dream 180's sound great in it. I'd reccommend one to anybody. You can usually get a good deal on them from evilBay.

just strum
March 7th, 2008, 09:53 PM
Kodiak,

That Idol is sweeeettttttt!!!

I kicked around getting one some time ago. I know there are a lot of pro Idol owners over at the W that sing praise for that guitar.

Months ago, maybe a year M123 had a protype sale and they wouldn't say what guitar it was, but it ended up being one of the Washburn Idols, but the lower end. They were selling for $100, but you had no idea what you purchased until it arrived. Probably the model was a $350 - $450 range, but it had no identification except Washburn. The guy that bought a couple has a slew of Idols, I don't remember his sign on, but it seemed he was posting an Idol every day.

Anyway, you got yourself a he77 of a guitar there.

wingsdad
March 7th, 2008, 10:09 PM
Quite Nice, K :AOK:
Love those pearl-topped pups & knobs, and when that pg you ordered joins the party...my, oh, my :dude:

The Idol Series are all excellent guitars. The VCC system is a cool alternative to conventional tone pots. So these make for an intersting option in the chase for a 'Les Paul type' axe, in the same price range as Epiphones.

pes_laul
March 7th, 2008, 10:31 PM
Sweet looking guitars dude:AOK: LIke those pearl top pups in your idol.

Kodiak3D
March 8th, 2008, 08:51 AM
Quite Nice, K :AOK:
Love those pearl-topped pups & knobs, and when that pg you ordered joins the party...my, oh, my :dude:

The Idol Series are all excellent guitars. The VCC system is a cool alternative to conventional tone pots. So these make for an intersting option in the chase for a 'Les Paul type' axe, in the same price range as Epiphones.

Yeah, I can't wait for my pickguard to get here :D

Actually, I had the VCC removed and had regular tone controls put back in with push/pull pots to split the coils. The VCC seemed like it only had two settings, 0 and anything over 0. It's a neat idea, but I like the tone control better.

Brian Krashpad
March 8th, 2008, 11:55 AM
Looks good! But the image is a smidge dark. Here's a little brighter version:

http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/922/axeszi7.jpg

Kodiak3D
March 8th, 2008, 01:50 PM
Thanks Krash :)

Adrian30
March 8th, 2008, 06:47 PM
I like that X-33! It resembles Andy Timmons' axe.:AOK:

kerc
March 9th, 2008, 10:08 AM
The Idol design is one of the coolest "non-standard" shapes out there. Love it! Nice axes...