PDA

View Full Version : I m lookin for a really good Wah ??

Blaze
March 7th, 2008, 07:31 PM
I know that Fullton is probably one of the best , but , i don t have that kind of budget..I ve got an old squeechee cheap Dunlop Cry baby that s is dying...

Some suggestions to try something hot would be welcomed..

Go ahead you guys , tell me your favorite one and why so..

Blazes:thwap:

tot_Ou_tard
March 7th, 2008, 07:41 PM
...clears throat:

wwaAAAAAAAahhhhhhhwwwwwAAAAAAHHHHhhhhhh.

O, you wanted pedal advice?!?

I've heard good things about Real McCoy wahs & Buddha wahs.

Both very expensive.

mrmudcat
March 7th, 2008, 10:54 PM
The RMC wahs at under $200 is hawt!! They just did a first artist signature model for Joe Walsh.(still under $200)

Spudman
March 7th, 2008, 11:21 PM
...clears throat:

wwaAAAAAAAahhhhhhhwwwwwAAAAAAHHHHhhhhhh.

O, you wanted pedal advice?!?

Jesus, I almost fell out of my chair when I read that. :rotflmao: :bravo:

This may sound strange but try the Digitech EX7. No, seriously. The wahs are really good AND they are tuneable. I've always been a wah purist but not any more. I can make either wah pedal that is modeled sound exactly the way I want it. THEN...you get all the other cool things the pedal can do too. The EX7 is really a sleeper. I'm just saying try one before you buy anything if you can.

wwaAAAAAAAahhhhhhhwwwwwAAAAAAHHHHhhhhhh. Dude you slay me. lol:D

Ro3b
March 8th, 2008, 06:32 AM
I'm not really sure how I'd improve on the CryBaby Classic I bought from Tone a couple of months ago. I guess if I were so obsessed that I needed to have control over the range of wahness, or really wanted optical tracking. Shrug? The "Classic" model with the fasel thingumjig does sound better than the "Original" model; if yours is one of the "Original" ones, that might be an upgrade to consider.

I'm very interested in trying an EX7 one of these days.

ZMAN
March 8th, 2008, 08:15 AM
I have a Dunlop from 95 or so and it is still going. I will be picking up a Clyde Deluxe this summer though. I have quite a few Fulltone pedals and I am of the opinion, buy it once! I purchased several OD pedals before I bought my Fulltone OCD, and Fulldrive II. I probably will never buy another. I also own a fat boost, and Mini deja vibe.

marnold
March 8th, 2008, 09:12 AM
This may sound strange but try the Digitech EX7. No, seriously. The wahs are really good AND they are tuneable. I've always been a wah purist but not any more. I can make either wah pedal that is modeled sound exactly the way I want it. THEN...you get all the other cool things the pedal can do too. The EX7 is really a sleeper. I'm just saying try one before you buy anything if you can.

wwaAAAAAAAahhhhhhhwwwwwAAAAAAHHHHhhhhhh. Dude you slay me. lol:D
As the official Fret.Net EX-7 GAS Inducer, I wholeheartedly would agree.

tot forgot wwwahhhwahhhchickawahhhhwwwaahhhchickachickachicka

Spudman
March 8th, 2008, 10:28 AM
tot forgot wwwahhhwahhhchickawahhhhwwwaahhhchickachickachicka

Cool. Another fretter that loves funk.

marnold
March 8th, 2008, 08:57 PM
Cool. Another fretter that loves funk.
Yeah except that if I'm going to play funk, I'd much rather play bass.

Robert
March 8th, 2008, 09:06 PM
My Fulltone Clyde 1st edition ain't too bad.

markb
March 8th, 2008, 11:31 PM
What's wrong with your Crybaby? They can be rebuilt and even improved. A lot of the expense in a wah is the casing, the electronics cost very little except for the inductor.

hubberjub
March 9th, 2008, 12:57 AM
I use a Vox 847 and I'm not impressed with it. I wouldn't recomend it. I liked it more than the similarly priced CryBaby but it's not much of an improvement.