PDA

View Full Version : Combos as Cabs

tot_Ou_tard
April 3rd, 2006, 07:14 PM
I asked this before, but I don't think I got a reply.

Is it possible to mod my AD30VT for use as a speaker cab? I was thinking that all I'd need to do is connect some extra speaker wires run them through the vent in the back & connect an input jack to them. Of course, I'd have the VOX unplugged if it I was running a head through it.

Is this a dumb idea?

Spudman
April 3rd, 2006, 08:31 PM
Yes it is a dumb idea. Just kidding. However, if you do something like that I think you would want to be able to completely sever the connection from the Vox amp section to the speaker. That way no voltage can get back into the Vox circuitry from the other amp. Might take some engineering but I'm sure it can be done.

tot_Ou_tard
April 3rd, 2006, 08:42 PM
Yes it is a dumb idea. Just kidding. However, if you do something like that I think you would want to be able to completely sever the connection from the Vox amp section to the speaker. That way no voltage can get back into the Vox circuitry from the other amp. Might take some engineering but I'm sure it can be done.
well then it *is* a dumb idea.

Tone2TheBone
April 4th, 2006, 08:29 AM
Umm...why would you want to make the amp into a speaker cab? For another amp? Just curious!

tot_Ou_tard
April 4th, 2006, 04:56 PM
Umm...why would you want to make the amp into a speaker cab? For another amp? Just curious!
I thought it might be an inexpensive (read free) cab for the epi head.
I thought I could rig it to use both for the epi head and in the usual way for the AD30VT.

Tone2TheBone
April 4th, 2006, 04:58 PM
OH ok. I get it. Well shoot go for it! The mod shouldn't be that hard and you would indeed gain a cab for the Epi head. Do it!