PDA

View Full Version : Sustain

Blaze
March 10th, 2008, 09:00 AM
hey guys !

How about , given your thoughts or set up for a good fat or long sustain or even control feedbacks..

Curious Blazes..:bravo:

hubberjub
March 10th, 2008, 10:40 AM
I don't know what you mean about a special setup for feedback. My Heritage 535 feedsback pretty nicely when I'm in front of my amp.

Blaze
March 10th, 2008, 04:45 PM
I know that most of the time you just have to been in front of your amp to drive a feedback , but some pedal effects like delay , reverb or compressor make it even more sustainable ..that s what i do sometimes using wammy bar to make it talk or cry..

One time a had to find feedback on a note especially for a studio gig ..I walked all over the place till i found the right spot to make the note or frequency start to feed ,using delay and a long reverb or a compressor.I d be still there and it would still feed...I t was mean

Ciao :AOK:

Plank_Spanker
March 11th, 2008, 03:26 PM
I've seen guys walk around on sound checks to find sweet spots for feedback and mark them with tape.

Radioboy950
March 11th, 2008, 03:30 PM
I think there are some vid and audio clips...looks interesting.
http://www.fernandesguitars.com/sustainer.html

Spudman
March 11th, 2008, 07:00 PM
I always had great luck with a compressor in front of a tube screamer. I used that set up for years to get instant singing feedback. Now days I push a distortion pedal into a tube screamer type pedal and get the same results.

snarph
March 11th, 2008, 07:35 PM
sees to me if you got enough gain all you got to do is roll the volume up a taste and hold a note

oldguy
March 11th, 2008, 08:10 PM
Subtle feedback is tasty, IMO.

hIDrq4E3hVo

sumitomo
March 11th, 2008, 08:27 PM
Very nice oldguy I really liked that.Is that amp one of your favorite ones besides all of your others that you like just as much?Sumi

oldguy
March 11th, 2008, 08:36 PM
That's not me, that's not my amp......... that's the one I'm trying to save up enough to get my hands on.
He's a good player, isn't he?
Doesn't overplay, and puts the emotion in his playing....... very tasty stuff! :D

sunvalleylaw
March 11th, 2008, 09:06 PM
That's not me, that's not my amp......... that's the one I'm trying to save up enough to get my hands on.
He's a good player, isn't he?
Doesn't overplay, and puts the emotion in his playing....... very tasty stuff! :D

That's nice! I like feed back. Need to learn me some of that! Now that some of the other more experienced have spoken, I will add that when I have wanted a little more sustain, I have turned on my DS-1 Distortion, into my Bad Monkey, or have turned on the Little Big Muff, and turned up the sustain knob a little. Just newb experimenting.

sumitomo
March 11th, 2008, 09:23 PM
He is a very good player indeed,I really like that kind of expression thats the word Im lookin for.Sumi

Blaze
March 11th, 2008, 09:27 PM
kt880lmtKpY