PDA

View Full Version : What brand are these?

Kodiak3D
March 10th, 2008, 04:50 PM
I was browsing through eBay for kicks, and saw some guitars that I figure are crud, but they looked interesting so I clicked to take a look.

The pictures aren't good enough to make out what brand they are. It's visible, so I don't think the guy selling them is intentionally trying to hide them, but he certainly didn't help, either. I've got an e-mail in to him to ask, but I thought I'd post them here as well:

A black tele (http://cgi.ebay.com/BLACK-Electric-Guitar-Telecaster-copy-NEW-tele-style_W0QQitemZ370024899702QQihZ024QQcategoryZ2384 QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem)
A blueburst strat (http://cgi.ebay.com/BLUE-BLACK-SUNBURST-Electric-Guitar-Set-Full-Size-NEW_W0QQitemZ370029825916QQihZ024QQcategoryZ2384QQ tcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem)
And another blueburst strat (http://cgi.ebay.com/BLUE-Sunburst-Electric-GUITAR-10w-Amp-Package-NEW-black_W0QQitemZ370031019876QQihZ024QQcategoryZ4707 4QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem)

Anyone able to identify them? Anyone who does gets a pancake! :pancake:

warren0728
March 10th, 2008, 05:18 PM
probably something made in china....just guessing....

and you kow the trick to good pancakes is how you make them (and what you choose to wear or not while making them) :pancake: :rotflmao:

ww

just strum
March 10th, 2008, 05:24 PM
Kodiak,

You should contact them and see what they have to say.

http://stores.channeladvisor.com/2kool4skool-Musical-Instruments/Store/Tab.aspx?tabid=4

Kodiak3D
March 10th, 2008, 05:38 PM
probably something made in china....just guessing....

and you kow the trick to good pancakes is how you make them (and what you choose to wear or not while making them) :pancake: :rotflmao:

ww

Well, Warren, I make waffles on Sunday monings for my wife and I, but I'm not going in to what I do or don't wear for her :D

And Strum, I do have an e-mail in to them. I'm just curious to see what they are. I kinda like that blueburst on the strat, but I figure the guitar is probably junk. Their site says the body is solid maple with a maple neck and rosewood fretboard, but I'd like to read a review somewhere.

warren0728
March 10th, 2008, 05:43 PM
Well, Warren, I make waffles on Sunday monings for my wife and I, but I'm not going in to what I do or don't wear for her :D
sounds like you might make waffles like i make pancakes! :pancake: just be careful if you are making bacon!! :eek:

ww

Kodiak3D
March 10th, 2008, 05:48 PM
Ow.

street music
March 10th, 2008, 06:19 PM
Kodiak, be very careful.

Kodiak3D
March 10th, 2008, 06:36 PM
Don't worry, DAD! I'm just trying to find out what brand they are. Not ordering one.

(parents...) :D

Or did you mean about cooking waffles?

warren0728
March 10th, 2008, 06:40 PM
i'm guessing waffles... :whatever:

ww

Kodiak3D
March 10th, 2008, 06:40 PM
OK, the middle one is by Bridgecraft. The reviews on Harmony Central make it sound like it's a decent guitar to get to tinker with. Not an amazing guitar, but the reviews were better than I expected them to be. However, the reviews say it's a basswood body and the auction lists it as maple. I'm going to write them back and try to find out what the deal with that is.

Spudman
March 10th, 2008, 07:51 PM
National Music Supply also has some fair budget choices (http://store.nationalmusicsupply.com/Guitars/Electric%20Guitars/6%20String%20Electric%20Guitars/).

They also carry the usual big brands, but their budget brands are intriguing.

street music
March 10th, 2008, 08:17 PM
Waffles, I get something better than waffles when I come down.

hubberjub
March 10th, 2008, 09:02 PM
They probably aren't worth your time my friend.

Kodiak3D
March 10th, 2008, 09:26 PM
I just couldn't make out the name on the headstock and was curious about them.

While they have a nice finish on them, I've read one too many mixed reviews to consider getting one. Some people like them and say they're very salvageable guitars. Others disagree heavily. One review even said he just came home one day and the neck had snapped while he was gone.

When I get one to tinker around with, it will be an SX.

warren0728
March 10th, 2008, 09:28 PM
When I get one to tinker around with, it will be an SX.
don't count out a used mim tele....i love mine....

ww

Spudman
March 10th, 2008, 10:32 PM
don't count out a used mim tele....i love mine....

ww

Ditto what he said. Also right now there are some killer deals on THAT auction site on the Peavey Generation EXP Triples. Check them out. Very high quality guitars.

Brian Krashpad
March 11th, 2008, 07:56 AM
In addition to used MIMs if you can try out Squiers some of those are certainly playable, though I tend to think an SX would be more bang for buck.

Another possibility are the 90's Peavey USA Tele and Strat copies, the Reactor and Predator. Based on my having a Predator and what I've seen from knowledgeable folks owning Reactors, these guitars compare favorably to the MIM Fenders of the same time period.

My Predator was $100 USD on ebay, with a few dings. I played it at my most recent side band show, which a few of the people here caught the webcast of.

http://static.flickr.com/62/188512407_8a37548044.jpg

These Peaveys are poplar, just like the 90's MIM Fenders were.

Kodiak3D
March 11th, 2008, 08:37 AM
Well, eventually what I'd like to get to tinker with is a black strat with a solid alder body, maple neck, and rosewood fretboard. I'm willing to overlook the rosewood board on the SX 57 just because their maple neck has such a nice finish. Probably going to replace all the hardware and pickguard with black and toss some GFS premium alnicos in it.

Eventually, I want a black tele as well. Replace all the hardware with gold, and get some GFS vintage tele pickups to put in it.

street music
March 11th, 2008, 04:56 PM
Kodiak had a Squier Strat that now for some reason is at my house??? Me thinks he didn't like her voice or something with her long neck???:rockon:

Kodiak3D
March 11th, 2008, 07:41 PM
Just didn't feel right...

sunvalleylaw
March 11th, 2008, 08:36 PM
I played it at my most recent side band show, which a few of the people here caught the webcast of.

That was really fun BTW! We all noticed the red Peavey strat right off, esp. as Brian says he is not that much of a strat guy.