PDA

View Full Version : for all you floridian rocket geeks - space shuttle launch

warren0728
March 10th, 2008, 05:41 PM
hey all my fellow floridians....the space shuttle is scheduled to liftoff tuesday morning at 2:28am....i'll probably be the only one on my street standing outside watching it but night launches are pretty rare....not gonna miss it!! :bravo:

one of the few perks of working at home....might have to sleep in in the morning!

ww

just strum
March 10th, 2008, 05:49 PM
If I recall correctly Rocket lives near enough to get a good view.

Is it true that the astronauts roll down their windows on the way up and shoot the moon?:pancake:

warren0728
March 10th, 2008, 06:12 PM
If I recall correctly Rocket lives near enough to get a good view.

Is it true that the astronauts roll down their windows on the way up and shoot the moon?:pancake:
depends on how clear the night is! these late night/early morning liftoffs are cool....a few minutes after liftoff even here in central florida you can feel the sound wave come over you.....takes a few minutes after liftoff for it to make it this far inland....

ww

warren0728
March 10th, 2008, 10:25 PM
2 hours to go....not sure how good my view will be....it is a little overcast here (i am between 40-50 miles from lift off)....gonna take some low res video with my point and shoot camera....

ww

warren0728
March 11th, 2008, 12:47 AM
damn....to cloudy to see the launch from here.... :mad:

ww

Rocket
March 11th, 2008, 05:00 AM
I always get a great viewing from my back yard.

Tone2TheBone
March 11th, 2008, 08:48 AM
I love it when the shuttle takes off or lands. They've been going up a lot lately. Pretty consistent.

warren0728
March 11th, 2008, 08:53 AM
i do too....usually have a pretty good view of launches but it was really cloudy here this morning.....couldn't see it :mad:

ww

Tone2TheBone
March 11th, 2008, 09:49 AM
i do too....usually have a pretty good view of launches but it was really cloudy here this morning.....couldn't see it :mad:

ww

Rats dude. It's cloudy 'round here too. I'm gonna check NASA TV....

Showing a fly over The Gulf of Mexico...cloudy as hell.

Katastrophe
March 11th, 2008, 09:56 AM
We get to see the shuttle on reentry quite often here. It is a spectacular sight to watch.