PDA

View Full Version : New Tort Pickguard

t_ross33
March 10th, 2008, 07:38 PM
From Guitar Fetish (I love those guys... :bravo:)

Sold Algonquin my Tort Nashville PG (still waiting for pics BTW!) and replaced it with this (which was a good thing since my Tele isn't routed for a middle p'up anyway).

Before:
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b60/t_ross33/PIC_0001.jpg

After:
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b60/t_ross33/PIC_0002.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b60/t_ross33/PIC_0003.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b60/t_ross33/PIC_0004.jpg

Only had to file out about 1/8" for the cut around the control plate, other than than, all the holes lined up :master: which I found surprising for a Crafted in India Squier and an aftermarket p/g.

Whattcha think? I think it's dead saxy :AOK:

Trev

ted s
March 10th, 2008, 07:40 PM
definitely dead sexy !

sunvalleylaw
March 10th, 2008, 07:40 PM
Woo HOO!! (or something like that). Anyway, I like it a lot Trev!

Kodiak3D
March 10th, 2008, 07:45 PM
Very nice. Gotta love Guitarfetish!:rockon:

markb
March 10th, 2008, 07:48 PM
Talk about poor qc, someone's put your control plate on upsidedown :)

Nice looking guitar, how does the 'bucker blend with the bridge?

mrmudcat
March 10th, 2008, 07:55 PM
PURE SWANKINESS:rotflmao:

M29
March 10th, 2008, 08:16 PM
I love Tort on black and that is very nice especially with the maple neck, red boots and top :D Congrats Trev :AOK:

M

t_ross33
March 10th, 2008, 09:09 PM
Talk about poor qc, someone's put your control plate on upsidedown :)

Nice looking guitar, how does the 'bucker blend with the bridge?

:D

The p'ups are probably the weakest link on this git, but that said, they aren't half bad. I'll probably upgrade at some point just for fun.

I find the neck 'bucker a bit dark, but you can squeeze some really nice clean tones out of it. I don't use the middle position (both p'ups) much as I find it a bit "honky". Not bad with a bit of hair on it, but definately honky clean. I sit on the bridge p'up most of the time and play with the "upside down" volume and tone controls. Even though the bridge p'up is supposedly stacked, it behaves quite like a single coil.

All in all, I love this little guitar!

Trev

t_ross33
March 10th, 2008, 10:38 PM
I love Tort on black and that is very nice especially with the maple neck, red boots and top :D Congrats Trev :AOK:

M
It sets off the green in her eyes :AOK:

Katastrophe
March 11th, 2008, 06:59 AM
Very nice. I like the sticker, too!:AOK:

ZMAN
March 11th, 2008, 07:15 AM
I have a Tort pickguard on my 3 color burst Deluxe Player. I am comtemplating a mint, or parchment for it. That Tort sure looks cool on the black with the maple board.

sunvalleylaw
March 11th, 2008, 09:08 AM
:D

The p'ups are probably the weakest link on this git, but that said, they aren't half bad. I'll probably upgrade at some point just for fun.

I find the neck 'bucker a bit dark, but you can squeeze some really nice clean tones out of it. I don't use the middle position (both p'ups) much as I find it a bit "honky". Not bad with a bit of hair on it, but definately honky clean. I sit on the bridge p'up most of the time and play with the "upside down" volume and tone controls. Even though the bridge p'up is supposedly stacked, it behaves quite like a single coil.

All in all, I love this little guitar!

Trev

That set up in a tele looks really interesting to me, esp. if you can split the bucker. I would be interested in any upgrades you consider doing. DVM could probably hatch a diabolical mod plan for you! :rockon:

t_ross33
March 11th, 2008, 12:17 PM
That set up in a tele looks really interesting to me, esp. if you can split the bucker. I would be interested in any upgrades you consider doing. DVM could probably hatch a diabolical mod plan for you! :rockon:

So far, she is stock, except for the pg and strap locks.

As mentioned I'll probably upgrade the p'ups at some point, and will definately mod it for the coil split. The Fat Tele mod from Fender uses a 5-way switch - that would be cool.

Other upgrades may include a Wilkinson bridge with compensated brass saddles, tusq or maybe even a brass nut and perhaps tuners.

Plank_Spanker
March 11th, 2008, 03:19 PM
Looks great! :AOK:

street music
March 11th, 2008, 04:50 PM
Nice , I like the color setup on it and I bet with a change on the pups it would rock.

sunvalleylaw
March 12th, 2008, 11:29 AM
Just needed to say again, I love that PG on that guitar. Big improvement over the white!