PDA

View Full Version : The Adds

Tim
April 4th, 2006, 03:56 AM
These adds are killing me. It's like giving alchohol to an alchoholic. They feed the need to buy more stuff. Stuff I really don't need. CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE?

warren0728
April 4th, 2006, 04:54 AM
These adds are killing me. It's like giving alchohol to an alchoholic. They feed the need to buy more stuff. Stuff I really don't need. CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE?
my only suggestion tim is to buy one of everything....that way the ads will be rendered useless for you!!

ww

duhvoodooman
April 4th, 2006, 06:46 AM
Yeah, right, Tim! Like you want to be cured of your chronic GAS!! ;) :D

Seriously, it is possible to get rid of much of that type of "embedded" advertising on many web pages. Several pieces of software can be configured to do it. I use Norton Internet Security at home, and it takes out this stuff nicely. Frees up a lot of screen space.

Robert
April 4th, 2006, 08:05 AM
The reason we have ads on theFret.net is so we can afford to run the whole dicussion board itself. Keep that in mind.

Tim
April 4th, 2006, 10:02 AM
I understand Robert. It was a topic of discussion that is impacting my inability to go a day without a GAS attack or clicking on one of those ads to read more about the product. Then once you hear that tone you get that "I gotta have that" sensation quivering inside your body. It evil man … just plain evil.

Tone2TheBone
April 4th, 2006, 10:04 AM
...I'm still waiting for my Free Gibson Les Paul.

SuperSwede
April 4th, 2006, 10:20 AM
Here you go Tone.. you can print it out fullsize and glue it onto your current guitar. http://images.misupply.com/products/original/Gibson%20Custom/224663.jpg

Tone2TheBone
April 4th, 2006, 10:21 AM
Hey thanks man. Sweeet. A Deluxe will do nicely.

For those of you that didn't see the ad...there used to be this ad for "get your free Gibson Les Paul" blah blah blah and I actually thought about filling out the questionaire for it....but didn't. Anyway I still got my free Deluxe thanks SS. *thumbs up*

SuperSwede
April 4th, 2006, 10:26 AM
That pic is enough to get the old g.a.s pedal pumping... man those deluxe lp are really outstanding! :)

Tone2TheBone
April 4th, 2006, 10:30 AM
The grain on that one is nice. The Deluxe I traded off was a sunburst with natural wood grain...not quite as striking as my new Red Deluxe thanks SS you're alright!

Tim
April 4th, 2006, 10:41 AM
Super Swede - Do you have any ES-335s up your sleeve?

Tone2TheBone
April 4th, 2006, 10:42 AM
Tim - just tell him you filled out the questionaire he'll hook you up. ;)

Spudman
April 4th, 2006, 12:05 PM
To keep myself from buying more stuff I have my wallet cash compartment open and facing me right in front of the computer monitor. It's a good reminder.

Tim
April 4th, 2006, 02:09 PM
Super Swede - I filled out the questionaire!

SuperSwede
April 5th, 2006, 02:56 AM
Tim, 12 or 6 string?

You can have one of each! If you call within 5 minutes you will also receive our famous push-pull gain system and a pink ladies purse!

http://members.tripod.com/~holyranger/gibson335.jpg

Tim
April 5th, 2006, 03:28 AM
Nice one there Super Swede. How about a 6 string in tobacco sunburst?