PDA

View Full Version : Bo Kaspers Orkester

Robert
March 11th, 2008, 07:45 AM
My favourite Swedish band. I just love these guys. I've seen them live once.
Here's a video which seems to be completely live in a living room. :bravo:
For those of you who have heard Jan Johansson, you can hear his influence here.
It's called "She Looks So Sweet When She's Sleeping".
Q4JzTSIbmmY

This song is called "Vacation"
dNoF3lf6-sY

This song I just love! "Exception" is the name. It has a Latin feel, and it has a good guitar solo too.
mUZK5P9lgJE

Katastrophe
March 11th, 2008, 07:53 AM
I have no idea what he's singing about in the first vid, but I like the sound.

That instrument combo of piano, upright bass and brushes on a snare was meant to be together. Good stuff, Robert!

Robert
March 11th, 2008, 07:58 AM
The lyrics by the vocalist, Bo Kasper, are always very interesting and unusual. Only SuperSwede and I would know on this forum though, I guess! :D

SuperSwede
March 11th, 2008, 09:47 AM
I love Bo Kaspers! I´ve seen them a couple of times and they always put on a good show.

Its the essence of swedish folk music blended with pop & jazz +1

Simon
March 11th, 2008, 01:50 PM
The lyrics (..) Only SuperSwede and I would know on this forum though, I guess! :D Nope - I can do that too!! :AOK:
And I am very fond of 'Kaspers as well - I'm not sure they my favourites from Sweden, though. That will probably go to Kent:

rtbkz8jKKew

Robert
March 11th, 2008, 02:55 PM
Ahh, du er Dansk, meget godt!
I'm not a Kent fan - Bo Kaspers rule my boat! :D

Side note - I've had a lot of fun at the Roskilde Festival - has anyone else been to it?

Simon
March 11th, 2008, 03:28 PM
Yes, once.. Nearly 15 years ago... Especially the baking hot Saturday afternoon with back-to-back performances by Rollins Band and Clawfinger sticks in my mind!
:rockon:

tot_Ou_tard
March 11th, 2008, 08:00 PM
I have Kent: Vapen & Ammunition. I learned about Kent on a flight from London to Paris. My seatmate was a Parisian who was working in Sweden.

My response...eh, not so impressive.

I like the Bo stuff alot though! It's more fun to make up your own lyrics.

The vacation video gives a no longer available error.

SuperSwede
March 12th, 2008, 02:37 AM
I dont like Kent.. and I dont remember much from Roskilde ;)

Hilmer
March 13th, 2008, 02:24 AM
I really like Bo Kaspers Orkester. Has a certain very relaxing mood to it.

Bo Sundström, the singer, has recently made a record together with Frida Öhrn, the singer from 'Oh Laura'. I think you would like that one too. Here's a link to a swedish webshop: http://www.cdon.com/product.phtml?prod=780594

SuperSwede
March 13th, 2008, 03:37 AM
I really like Bo Kaspers Orkester. Has a certain very relaxing mood to it.

Bo Sundström, the singer, has recently made a record together with Frida Öhrn, the singer from 'Oh Laura'. I think you would like that one too. Here's a link to a swedish webshop: http://www.cdon.com/product.phtml?prod=780594

Awesome, I love Oh Laura!

Thanks for telling :)