PDA

View Full Version : Surgery This Morning

Tim
March 12th, 2008, 05:17 AM
Good Morning Fretters - I am going in for knee surgery this morning. I tore the meniscus in the right knee a few weeks back. The doctor will also be removing some arthritis from around the knee. I should be back up and around in a few days. I have a couple of guitar instructional DVDs sitting on the nightstand to watch while laid up for the healing process. Oh yea, I also have both Crossroads and 10 Days Out to watch again.

Algonquin
March 12th, 2008, 05:33 AM
Good luck today Tim, and best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Pile up the DVD's and enjoy yourself the best you can!

David

Kodiak3D
March 12th, 2008, 05:40 AM
Good luck! I know what it's like with a bum knee.

M29
March 12th, 2008, 05:53 AM
All the best Tim, you are in my prayers. Speedy recovery to you fellow Fretter (dot) Netter:AOK:

M29

oldguy
March 12th, 2008, 06:02 AM
Hope you heal quick, Tim. Best of luck to you on the surgery.

tot_Ou_tard
March 12th, 2008, 06:23 AM
Good luck Tim!!! Have a smooth & speedy recovery. We'll be here when you get back.

Brian Krashpad
March 12th, 2008, 06:45 AM
Prayers and mojo!

I had some knee reconstruction over 20 years ago after a soccer injury, no real problems since (in all that time it's momentarily locked maybe once or twice out of the blue). Funny thing is that my "good" knee is much more susceptible to joint pain from weather changes.

Bloozcat
March 12th, 2008, 06:46 AM
Speedy recovery, Tim!

Well, there is a bright side...your fingers won't be affected. You won't be able to walk, but you'll be able to play...:AOK:

Good luck with the surgery.

sunvalleylaw
March 12th, 2008, 07:07 AM
Best wishes for a great result! Take it easy, and do the rehab just like they tell you, don't slack, don't overpush. That is what has worked for friends and relations of mine. Plus, you will have some dedicated study time!

Robert
March 12th, 2008, 07:10 AM
Hope for a good recovery. Let us know how that knee heals up. I have a close friend with meniscus problems.

warren0728
March 12th, 2008, 07:25 AM
sending some quick recovery mojo your way tim!

ww

luvmyshiner
March 12th, 2008, 09:42 AM
Tim, thoughts and prayers from the Shiner household for a speedy recovery.

Tone2TheBone
March 12th, 2008, 09:52 AM
Good luck Tim!!! Mojo your way brother!

just strum
March 12th, 2008, 10:24 AM
Hey Tim, I just started reading the post during my lunch, so you are probably in the middle of surgery right now. I hope all is well and look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible.

SuperSwede
March 12th, 2008, 10:56 AM
Take care Tim! (did you know that Absolut Vodka can heal almost anything? ;) )

Adrian30
March 12th, 2008, 11:01 AM
Good luck with your procedure and have a fast recovery!

duhvoodooman
March 12th, 2008, 11:04 AM
I can relate, man! I tore up a knee MANY years ago, and it's never been the same. But they've come a long way with arthroscopic surgical techniques. You'll be doing handsprings again before you know it! :AOK:

Katastrophe
March 12th, 2008, 12:17 PM
Tim, may your recovery be quick and painless. Keep us updated on how everything is going!

aeolian
March 12th, 2008, 12:39 PM
Here's wishing you heal quickly. You can still pick your guitar while you recover, right?

oldguy
March 12th, 2008, 06:44 PM
Tim, hope you're doing OK and heal up fast.:)
Let us know how you're doing.

piebaldpython
March 12th, 2008, 06:53 PM
Let's see..........you oughta be doing backflips off a Marshall stack by now, right?? :rotflmao: Hope all went well!!

Tim
March 12th, 2008, 07:33 PM
Thanks for all the "well wishes" greetings from all. The surgery went well and I was back in my bed by 12:00 PM. I have very little pain and I start therapy on Friday. I should be off he crutches by next Tuesday.

Since the guitars are down in the gameroom, I can not retrieve them myself. There are two flights of stairs between them and me. The wife will not get one for me until tomorrw. What a bummer! So I am laying here watching "10 Days Out" with Kenny Wayne Shepard once more. This DVD never gets boring.

I feel the mojo and it fells good. Keep it comng. Thanks to all again.

tot_Ou_tard
March 12th, 2008, 07:35 PM
Thanks for all the "well wishes" greetings from all. The surgery went well and I was back in my bed by 12:00 PM. I have very little pain and I start therapy on Friday. I should be off he crutches by next Tuesday.

Since the guitars are down in the gameroom, I can not retrieve them myself. There are two flights of stairs between them and me. The wife will not get one for me until tomorrw. What a bummer! So I am laying here watching "10 Days Out" with Kenny Wayne Shepard once more. This DVD never gets boring.

I feel the mojo and it fells good. Keep it comng. Thanks to all again.
That's why you were supposed to put the guitar in the bedroom *before* you went into surgery ;).

Excellent news Tim!

Here's some more mojo for you.

warren0728
March 12th, 2008, 07:38 PM
great news tim....more mojo heading your way...i agree that 10 days out dvd is great! :AOK:

ww

oldguy
March 12th, 2008, 07:56 PM
Glad to hear you're doing good, Tim.
You'll get a guitar in your hands soon enough...... enjoy the vids and rest, my friend.
Best wishes.
Glenn

MOJO!!