PDA

View Full Version : Another video game thread......

SuperSwede
March 12th, 2008, 11:06 AM
I did a little netshopping and found "Scene it?" and "Over G Fighters" for a fair price...

Anyone played Scene it? I bought this as a present for my wife. She loves Trivial Pursuit so I thought that this would suit her..

I really love airplane sims! So for myself I bought:

8SJOgOnRuJ4

(Robert, buy this game and lets start a JAS clan :D )

Robert
March 12th, 2008, 11:18 AM
Is it available for xbox 360? Got a link?

sunvalleylaw
March 12th, 2008, 11:26 AM
The kids love Disney Scene It on DVD. They really like it, and I have fun playing it with them. Depends on the version of the game, as some of the movies are before their time, and some I have not seen, but we have fun. I bet your wife will enjoy it. About the airplane game, that looks like fun! My boys would love it. What are you running it on?

SuperSwede
March 12th, 2008, 11:32 AM
Is it available for xbox 360? Got a link?

Xbox360 ONLY my friend, and its a early title so its only about 199sek here!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Over_G_Fighters

Its got a pretty cheesy story (japanese game) but the flying is top notch and its more of a simulator than most other console flying games..

Check out this sweet video featuring a SU-27 mission:

iEsHgQW8TZk

*edit* Strange.. doesnt seem to work.. here is the youtube link.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEsHgQW8TZk

SuperSwede
March 12th, 2008, 11:35 AM
The kids love Disney Scene It on DVD. They really like it, and I have fun playing it with them. Depends on the version of the game, as some of the movies are before their time, and some I have not seen, but we have fun. I bet your wife will enjoy it. About the airplane game, that looks like fun! My boys would love it. What are you running it on?

Xbox360

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/puzzle/sceneit/review.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=gssummary&tag=summary;review

sunvalleylaw
March 12th, 2008, 11:40 AM
We are holding out and trying to avoid the game systems. Do you know of a good Mac jet flight game or simulator? I would want it to be more of a simulator rather than a death and destruction game.

The kids are currently addicted to those Webkinz stuffed toys and the online games that go with it. LOL!

SuperSwede
March 12th, 2008, 11:47 AM
We are holding out and trying to avoid the game systems. Do you know of a good Mac jet flight game or simulator? I would want it to be more of a simulator rather than a death and destruction game.

The kids are currently addicted to those Webkinz stuffed toys and the online games that go with it. LOL!

X-plane for 100% realism!

http://www.x-plane.com/

F/A-18 Operation Iraqi Freedom

http://graphsim.com/games-fa18-oif.html

SuperSwede
March 12th, 2008, 11:50 AM
Sunvalley, here is a nice video of X-plane!

SqdJSPu-DvQ

sunvalleylaw
March 12th, 2008, 12:05 PM
Wow, X-plane looks cool! The scenery is very Myst-like. We might need Jimi75 to help out the music though! I'll go look online and see about how it works. Something like that for the kids, trying to fly the plane, would be fun. The F-18 looks cool, but I want to keep the kids away from the bombs, missiles and such as much as I can.

SuperSwede
March 12th, 2008, 12:21 PM
Perhaps a Nintendo Wii with Wing Island? Probably totally harmless! :)

XEgTlFivjkM

Thats said, my 8-year old daughter and I had a blast driving warthogs in Halo3 so I guess that I could be a candidate for "worst father awards ;)"

sunvalleylaw
March 12th, 2008, 12:25 PM
The X plane on the Mac we have is probably right for now. A Wii may surface someday though. No judgments from here re: anyone else. At some point, we will need to get some sort of game system if we want to be involved with that area of our kids' lives, rather than have them just walking on down to their friends' houses. Thanks for the tips!

Tone2TheBone
March 12th, 2008, 01:37 PM
Wow can't believe I missed this thread. What kind of gamer am I anyway.

I don't have any flight games. I wouldn't mind having one.

SuperSwede
March 12th, 2008, 01:41 PM
Wow can't believe I missed this thread. What kind of gamer am I anyway.

I don't have any flight games. I wouldn't mind having one.

Heh.. I´m also getting Tomb Raider Legend & Anniversary in the near future thanks to YOU my good admiral.. oh that was Starcraft..

Ehmm.. take us into orbit mr malmsteen? ;)

Tone2TheBone
March 12th, 2008, 01:45 PM
Heh.. I´m also getting Tomb Raider Legend & Anniversary in the near future thanks to YOU my good admiral.. oh that was Starcraft..

Now Tombraider yeah I'm a pro at that sucker. I can do that with my eyes closed.

I asked the geeks over at Gamestop when Starcraft II was coming out and they said December '08. Hopefully in time for Christmas we'll see....

SuperSwede
March 12th, 2008, 01:53 PM
Now Tombraider yeah I'm a pro at that sucker. I can do that with my eyes closed.

I asked the geeks over at Gamestop when Starcraft II was coming out and they said December '08. Hopefully in time for Christmas we'll see....

I´m still pissed that they cancelled that awesome looking game "Starcraft Ghost: Nova"... Nothing sweeter than a Ghost or perhaps the female Valkyrie pilots :pancake:

Tone2TheBone
March 12th, 2008, 01:56 PM
I´m still pissed that they cancelled that awesome looking game "Starcraft Ghost: Nova"... Nothing sweeter than a Ghost or perhaps the female Valkyrie pilots :pancake:

Yeah me too. I was really looking forward to that one from them. Playing a ghost in FPV would have been killer. Achtung!

Danzego
March 12th, 2008, 11:46 PM

Just throwing in my two cents. I loved Tomb Raider Legend and Anniversary. The past few installments in the series haven't been good and then these two came out of pretty much nowhere. Love 'em!! :bravo:

SuperSwede
March 13th, 2008, 03:39 AM
Just throwing in my two cents. I loved Tomb Raider Legend and Anniversary. The past few installments in the series haven't been good and then these two came out of pretty much nowhere. Love 'em!! :bravo:

I thought that the latest Indiana Jones game was pretty good.. almost same gameplay as Tomb Raider.

Tone2TheBone
March 13th, 2008, 09:51 AM
I thought that the latest Indiana Jones game was pretty good.. almost same gameplay as Tomb Raider.

Really? I'll have to look into that one mate.

Danzego - I loved the new engine on the last 2 Tombraider games. I wish the previous ones were like that. That's why I loved Anniversary so much cause it was similar to the original only with the new engine. Wicked stuff. I didn't like TR III though. They rushed that one and the game over all was very complicated and too dark graphically.

pie_man_25
March 13th, 2008, 11:28 AM

I think, with my whole heart and soul, that supermariokart for supernes is the greatest game the in the universe, I dare you to start playing and then stop without going on iwthdrawals

marnold
March 13th, 2008, 11:39 AM
PS3 baybee!
Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction is teh bomb
Lately, I've also been playing: Unreal Tournament III, Half Life Orange Box, and Burnout: Paradise.

Tone2TheBone
March 13th, 2008, 11:40 AM
I think the kids have the regular Scene It and I think the box has never been open come to think of it. Maybe I'll tear into it for them today it sounds fun.

SuperSwede
March 13th, 2008, 12:36 PM
I think the kids have the regular Scene It and I think the box has never been open come to think of it. Maybe I'll tear into it for them today it sounds fun.

Sounds like fun! This package came with four wireless "controllers".
Unfortunately my wife knows more about movies than I do (only sci-fi and war movies on my playlist ;) ) ...

Danzego
March 15th, 2008, 11:46 AM
PS3 baybee!
Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction is teh bomb
Lately, I've also been playing: Unreal Tournament III, Half Life Orange Box, and Burnout: Paradise.

Ratchet and Clank is very good. Have you tried Uncharted yet? That's definitely my favorite game on the system so far. :)

Justaguyin_nc
March 15th, 2008, 01:34 PM
Im just now getting into Racing games after many years.
Grand Turismo 4 has my attention.. they come a long way baby..
I like flying around the track in my VW Bug!! yes! 72 mph!!

I did get GTA SanAndreas also, for killing and driving.
I see why ratings must be used now.
I would hate to see a young child buy this game and play it
with parents not knowing...
After listening to the Dialogue and picking up some hookers
once I got off my bike (pedal bike) and spray painted the hood
I boxed it and set it aside..

Guess I just like killing without the dialogue..:)

I just havent found a flight game that interest me..
:beer:

marnold
March 15th, 2008, 06:33 PM
Have you tried Uncharted yet? That's definitely my favorite game on the system so far. :)
I tried the demo. Basically, I wanted to get UT3 and Orange Box more, so that's the way I went. Of course, then Burnout: Paradise came out . . .

Danzego
March 16th, 2008, 12:43 PM
I did get GTA SanAndreas also, for killing and driving.
I see why ratings must be used now.
I would hate to see a young child buy this game and play it
with parents not knowing...

Parents who don't know their kid bought it are the least of the problem. I work part time at a game store (gotta get money for gas to college and, well, GAS ;) ) and a parent buying Grand Theft Auto and other violent videogame for their 9 year old is a regular occurrence. I've honestly seen parents buy the game for children as young as SIX.

I try my best to point out the content in the game, but most of them are aware and don't care. Others act like they're floored and like it's horrible that their child wants such a thing, but then buy it anyway. On that note, I've seriously seen people hit the bargain bin, buy three games for 10 bucks, and comment to me as I'm ringing it up "10 bucks for a babysitter...that's not bad!!!" *cue white trash chortle*

It makes me sad, especially since going back to school and working towards my teaching degree. Kids need a parent to work with them and for them, not against them by allowing them things like this. It's exactly one year until I quit for my student teaching and I'm definitely going to use the occasion to refuse to sell some idiot parent a game like that and point out how horrible of a parent they are for doing such a thing.

*sings* Goin' dowwwwwnnnnn, in a Blaze of Gloryyyy!!! :rockon: