PDA

View Full Version : MultiFX Unit for Stereo?

tunghaichuan
March 12th, 2008, 12:12 PM
I'm thinking of getting a stereo floor processor to run into my two Valve Junior heads. I'll probably mod the VJs for more clean headroom.

Looking to keep it under $100. What would you recommend?

tung

SuperSwede
March 12th, 2008, 12:23 PM
A used alesis or lexicon unit!

I´ve got a Alesis Midiverb 4 on my purchase list

tunghaichuan
March 12th, 2008, 12:30 PM
A used alesis or lexicon unit!

I´ve got a Alesis Midiverb 4 on my purchase list

Thanks for the suggestions, but I'm looking for something with built in distortion. I'm going to use the VJs as power amps only.

tung

Lev
March 12th, 2008, 12:37 PM
Zoom G2 - there's a stereo output so you just need to use a split stereo cable.

Spudman
March 12th, 2008, 09:38 PM
There are also some small Korg units that are pretty decent sounding as well. Maybe the AX3 or if you need parameter control AX5 or the older AX1G. Even some of those small Digitech RP series would work. Anything with a headphone out should do it.

markb
March 12th, 2008, 09:45 PM
The little Digitechs RPs get good write ups on line. Me, I'd say OD, delay, stereo chorus pedal set for wet/dry output rather than stereo swirling but I'm allergic to multieffects.

tunghaichuan
March 13th, 2008, 07:15 AM
Thanks for all the replies.

I'm kinda waffling though. I'm thinking of maybe getting a stereo chorus or digital delay. I had an RP50 a couple of years ago, but the thing drove me nuts, way too many FX at once.

tung

Blaze
March 13th, 2008, 07:40 AM
Well under $100, you wont have that much , for 350.00 or so this one:

The Boss Gt 8 is pretty versatile , but a bit fragile ..Check it out in you tube..I m usin it sometimes , for electric and sometimes acoustic on the same amp setting..

The default mode is presets..

It got a manuel mode too , where you can use the pedals just like you had a pedal board, one by one..

All kind of effects and pre amp setting ..

Got a bypass on the tuner mode , so you can play straight in the amp..

marnold
March 13th, 2008, 08:34 AM
Thanks for all the replies.

I'm kinda waffling though. I'm thinking of maybe getting a stereo chorus or digital delay. I had an RP50 a couple of years ago, but the thing drove me nuts, way too many FX at once.
I got my EX-7 for $150 on evilBay. Much less complicated than the RP series. Whether that's good or bad is a matter of some debate.