PDA

View Full Version : The ADxxVT settings thread!

jsxxx
April 4th, 2006, 08:17 AM
I've noticed quite a few of you use the ADVT series, and I do too. I thought it'd be cool to share some of your favorite settings for you and/or your favorite artists. I got the idea from an ultimate-guitar post and spotted this:

"Right i am just gonna post a load of settings that i use on my vox ad30vt, they are all in o'clock by the way.

Rhcp- under the bridge tone
Black 2x12
Gain- 9 o'clock
Volume- max
Treble- max
Middle- 3/4 o'clock
Bass- 9/10 o'clock
Use compressor effect as well

Classic rock ie. led zepplin
AC30TB setting
Gain- 2 o'clock
Volume- max
Treble- 3 o'clock
Middle- 1 o'clock
Bass- 10/11 o'clock
Reverb obviously works well too.

Oasis tone
UK 90's setting
Gain- 1/2 o'clock
Volume- max
Treble- 3 o'clock
Middle- 1/2 o'clock
Bass- 11 o'clock

Kinks tone
UK 70's setting
Gain- 4 o'clock
Volume- max
Treble- max
Middle- 2 o'clock
Bass- 10/11 o'clock

Sex pistols tone
AC30TB setting
Gain- 2/3 o'clock
Volume- max
Treble- 4/5 o'clock
Middle- 2/3 o'clock
Bass- 10 o'clock

New indie type tone e.g. futureheads, bloc party, razorlight
AC30TB setting
Gain- 10/11 o'clock (mess around with this to get the right amount for a particular band
Volume- max
Treble- max
Middle- 3 o'clock
Bass- 9 o'clock"

I thought that was cool, anyone else have some settings they wanna put down :D

Tone2TheBone
April 4th, 2006, 08:33 AM
Last night I cranked the mids up all the way on the UK70s model with the gain and volume dimed too.....made me go "yeahhh" (Rip) The nice thing about the Vox's is that they sound pretty good at ridiculous low everyone's going to bed now volumes. I still love my Marshall though.

warren0728
April 4th, 2006, 08:36 AM
welcome js....this is a great forum....and there are a lot of ad**vt owners...thanks for the settings....

ww

Slowhand
April 8th, 2006, 09:52 AM
There are great patch settings on

http://www.valvetronix.net/

And

http://www.patchtronix.com/index.php

the patchtronix site does come and go though! (bandwidth problems)

TS808
August 7th, 2006, 08:08 PM
I came across this forum while doing a search for Valvetronix settings. I just bought a Vox AD100VT and for the life of me, can't seem to dial in a good lead tone for my strat. Any suggestions would be really helpful.

duhvoodooman
August 7th, 2006, 08:41 PM
I came across this forum while doing a search for Valvetronix settings. I just bought a Vox AD100VT and for the life of me, can't seem to dial in a good lead tone for my strat. Any suggestions would be really helpful.
Define "good lead tone". What sound are you going for?

In general, I find that the sequence of:

switching to Manual mode with the effects on Bypass,
selecting one of the 11 amp models and dialing in the volume & tone stack, and
turning off Bypass, selecting and fine-tuning the effect I want to use

works best for me. My favorite amp models with my Strat are the Boutique Clean, Black 2x12, Tweed 4x10 and AC30TB. For the first two, if I want some break-up, I use an overdrive pedal like the Bad Monkey. For the latter two, just push the Gain knob past 12 noon....

TS808
August 7th, 2006, 10:02 PM
Define "good lead tone". What sound are you going for?

In general, I find that the sequence of:

switching to Manual mode with the effects on Bypass,
selecting one of the 11 amp models and dialing in the volume & tone stack, and
turning off Bypass, selecting and fine-tuning the effect I want to use

works best for me. My favorite amp models with my Strat are the Boutique Clean, Black 2x12, Tweed 4x10 and AC30TB. For the first two, if I want some break-up, I use an overdrive pedal like the Bad Monkey. For the latter two, just push the Gain knob past 12 noon....

What I'm looking for is a good lead tone with some nice overdrive/moderate distortion. I haven't found that sweet spot on the amp yet with some of the tones. Love the Bassman but I'd like a little more gain. I haven't tried pedals yet, so that might give me what I need.

I'm still getting used to this amp too (had it for 2 weeks) so it may just be a matter of experimentation.

Do you use your neck pup or bridge for solos? Just curious.

Guitar-Chris
August 8th, 2006, 02:26 AM
Love the Bassman but I'd like a little more gain. I haven't tried pedals yet, so that might give me what I need.

I'm still getting used to this amp too (had it for 2 weeks) so it may just be a matter of experimentation.

I like the Bassman, too, and also wanted THIS model with a little more gain. So i put a Marshall Bluesbreaker II pedal in front of it. It sounds great in my opinion. You can use it for solos with the neck pickup and also the bridge pickup. An alternative would be the Digitech Bad Monkey, which is used by some members here. The Vox AD Series behaves like a real tube amp when blown by a booster pedal.

Also, you will have to get used to the amp. After a while, you will be able to set nearly every kind of tone just in seconds. I most play in Manual Mode and don't use the presets.

TS808
August 8th, 2006, 06:06 AM
I like the Bassman, too, and also wanted THIS model with a little more gain. So i put a Marshall Bluesbreaker II pedal in front of it. It sounds great in my opinion. You can use it for solos with the neck pickup and also the bridge pickup. An alternative would be the Digitech Bad Monkey, which is used by some members here. The Vox AD Series behaves like a real tube amp when blown by a booster pedal.

Also, you will have to get used to the amp. After a while, you will be able to set nearly every kind of tone just in seconds. I most play in Manual Mode and don't use the presets.

Chris, that's the thing. The Bassman setting didn't have enough gain for me and I've saved a good clean setting on channel 1 and am looking for a good lead setting for the second channel. However, if I save a setting, it might sound good on the neck pup but not very good on the bridge pup, etc. so I'm tweaking away with the tone knobs on the guitar when switching between pups.

Some of the settings like the UK 70's overall just sounds TOO punchy/full of midrange, as does the Boutique OD. UK 80's is okay, but I can't seem to get some good top end presence. The 212 cab also adds alot of bottom end as well. Lack of a presence knob does make a difference IMHO. I've experimented with using an EQ in the loop to add some top end on some of the settings.

Manual mode with pedals might be the way to go...or just setting the Bassman fairly clean and using different pedals to color the sound on different pickups. This amp seems to take more tweaking than the Line 6 amps I owned.

Guitar-Chris
August 8th, 2006, 07:12 AM
I have a clean Bassmann (4*10) on channel one, a slightly distorted Uk70s on the 2 channel. The manual mode ist most times set on the Uk80s with a little bit delay. So in combination with the Bluebreaker pedal i can switch between 6 different settings. Often i play chords on the bassmann, solo then with the booster on (cuts through very well). When playng crunchy rhythm i play the Uk 70s and then change on Uk80s for the solo.

TS808
August 8th, 2006, 05:32 PM
Got it! Here's what the issue was/is with the AD100VT. With the 212 configuration, the bottom end (bass) is pretty powerful with the master above 12:00. If I cranked the mids on the amp while running the master at 3:00, lead tones would be heavy on the midrange due to the tube distortion and produce some muddy bass. What I did tonight was set the tone on the amp with the master below or at 12:00 and that added some top end . Also, adding some compression to the lead tones also evened out the bass and the treble when using the neck pup and bridge pup respectively. I was able to dial in a sweet Boutique OD lead tone that had some top end shimmer, smooth mids, and a tighter bass. Didn't have to tweak the guitar tone knob as much on the bridge settings.

Robert
August 14th, 2006, 09:05 AM
Here is a cool blues OD tone:
Set it to Numetal, crank up the volume and keep the gain really low, around 9-11 o'clock - just back off on the gain until you find a good tone. Set bass/mid/treble to taste; I set all 3 around 12 o'clock somewhere.

Result: Nice, punchy tone - but still with clarity!

TS808
August 14th, 2006, 10:13 AM
Set it to Numetal, crank up the volume and keep the gain really low, around 9-11 o'clock - just back off on the gain until you find a good tone. Set bass/mid/treble to taste; I set all 3 around 12 o'clock somewhere.

Robert,

Believe it or not that's what I'm finding works best. I've been messing with alot of the settings and pretty much have dialed in a nice tone with the Boutique OD model. Gain at 10:00, treble at 1:00 and mids and bass at 11:00. I use the compressor to tame the highs with my bridge pup on my strat which really helps alot. I was experimenting with the numetal last night a bit on low gain, but really like the Boutique OD a little bit better,

I found with the AD100VT that on alot of the settings, the tone gets pretty muddy with the gain set past 12:00 on some of the models. Same with the EQ...too much of anything on certain models really affects the tone I'm looking for.

Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it!

TS808
August 15th, 2006, 08:14 PM

Robert,

Been having some fun with this setting. Set the gain to 9:00 tonite, bass turned down to 9:00 and the treble and mids around 1:00. Great tone.
Been using the same settings with the Boutique OD too except with the gain a little higher. Nice clarity on both models.

Must be the pink (Burgundy Mist) picks! :D

marnold
August 15th, 2006, 08:28 PM

I would never have dreamed of trying that combo, but you're right. It works great! I still think I prefer the Tweed 4x10, but it certainly gives me impetus to keep exploring the settings on my Vox.

TS808
August 16th, 2006, 06:18 PM
Now that I'm getting more familiar with the Valvetronix, it's getting easier to tweak a good tone.

Initially, I had two dirty settings saved, and was going to use the manual mode as the 3rd channel for clean. Using the Boutique OD model, I saved one to channel 1 for the neck pup of my strat, and channel 2 for the bridge pup. Interestingly, the difference was so subtle I stuck with just one dirt setting.

This really made the strings ring out pretty well without getting muddy or overly distorted...

Gain: 10:00
Bass: 9:00-10:00
Mid: 1:00
Treble: 2:00
Reverb: 9:00
NR: Off

With the AD100VT, I notice alot of bottom end and midrange on the amp so I dropped the bass on the amp and can always roll of the treble on my guitar tone knob.

TS808
September 5th, 2006, 06:35 AM
Wow! I'm really loving this amp lately after going through some initial frustrations. I also added an EQ in the effects loop which makes quite a difference, but I'm getting some excellent strat tones on the Uk 70's, UK 80's, and Boutique OD models for soloing, and great cleans on the Blackfae 212.

This amp takes a little bit of patience learning its nuances, but once you do, the tones are pretty damn good. At this point, after putting an EQ in the effects loop, I see no reason for a speaker change at all. I think part of it might be that the speakers are now really broken in, and it's just a matter of finding the "sweet spot" on the EQ and gain for this amp.

Robert
September 5th, 2006, 04:02 PM
Glad to hear you are taking a liking in it! What "opened your ears", so to speak?

Through my Avatar 2x12, my 50w valvetronix shows ample skills in mojofying your tone!

TS808
September 5th, 2006, 06:23 PM
Glad to hear you are taking a liking in it! What "opened your ears", so to speak?

Through my Avatar 2x12, my 50w valvetronix shows ample skills in mojofying your tone!

It's sounding alot better and I'm wondering if alot has to do with the speakers breaking in as well as adding the external EQ. It's not as bass heavy now and it seems that for whatever reason, all of a sudden there is more top end to the amp.

I usually dial in my tones for the bridge pickup on my strat, and for the neck pickup, I use the EQ to add some highs and cut some bass...nice tones.

I'm at a point now where rather than trying to find one good tone, I'm tryingto decide which one I like best...lol. The UK70's, UK 80's and Boutique OD seem to be the best (for me) with the strats for lead tones. Cleans are pretty good on this amp.

Here's the other difference....I bought an amp stand and raised it off the ground as well, which prevents the bass from deflecting off the floor causing even more bass. HUGE help. The VT seems to have more bass than other 212's that I've owned, even though it's an open back cab.

Moshe
September 8th, 2006, 07:39 PM
New here! I have a 30 that I am really enjoying.

Try this,

boutique clean

Gain - Full
Treble 12 o'clock
mid - 12 o'clock
bass - 9 o'clock
All three volumes - full

maybe a little reverb.

This setting has a lot of nice top end and simply roars, imo. not much dirt though, but it works for me.

Chris

warren0728
September 12th, 2006, 09:10 AM
ok...i'm trying to set up a nice clean jazzy tone on my vox30 to use with my ibanez artcore with dual humbuckers...any suggestions on where to start?

thanks,
ww

Tone2TheBone
September 12th, 2006, 09:20 AM
Warren try the AC15. It's a smooth darker model that would probably sound good on your Artcore.

warren0728
September 12th, 2006, 09:27 AM
any suggestions on where to start settings wise?....

ww

Tone2TheBone
September 12th, 2006, 09:41 AM
any suggestions on where to start settings wise?....

ww

Try starting with everything straight up and then add or decrease as needed for your ears. I think a bit of treble might sound nice (like at 3:00 or so) then you can always decrease that amount on your guitar's tone knob if you wanted. It depends on your ears and how it hits your skull man. :)

duhvoodooman
September 12th, 2006, 09:52 AM
ok...i'm trying to set up a nice clean jazzy tone on my vox30 to use with my ibanez artcore with dual humbuckers...any suggestions on where to start?
IMO, the Boutique Clean model is tough to beat for what you're describing. Keep the Gain at 12 noon or less and adjust other settings to taste.

SuperSwede
September 12th, 2006, 10:49 AM
The AC15 sounds great for jazz! I have a couple of nice jazzy sounds made with the UK80´s setting as well (just keep the gain low).

warren0728
September 12th, 2006, 10:56 AM
been playing around and like both the boputique clean and the ac15...both sound great with my artcore....i tended to lean more towards the ac15 setting...i like the darker sound...i am having a good time with this new guitar and so far like it better through the vox than either of my tube amps :eek:

ww

Tim
October 24th, 2006, 09:44 AM
I have been reading about jazz on other forums. From what I have learned, it’s more than the guitar, amp and amp settings. One has to learn the jazz cords. These would be MAJ6, MAJ7, dim, 6/9, m7 and many more. It’s a whole new vocabulary. This means lots of studying to do. There is not enough time in one’s life to do what we all want to accomplish, but we sure will have fun trying!

tot_Ou_tard
October 24th, 2006, 10:42 AM
I have been reading about jazz on other forums. From what I have learned, it’s more than the guitar, amp and amp settings. One has to learn the jazz cords. These would be MAJ6, MAJ7, dim, 6/9, m7 and many more. It’s a whole new vocabulary. This means lots of studying to do. There is not enough time in one’s life to do what we all want to accomplish, but we sure will have fun trying!
O yeah! Freaky chords & jazz notions. Those cats love progressions which modulate keys n' such. It's the changes, dig? It's the *changes*.

I agree the Boutique clean would be good, so would any of the models on the left hand side.

duhvoodooman
October 24th, 2006, 11:32 AM
The longer I use my AD30VT, the more I like the Tweed 4x10 model. IMO, this is the most flexible model on the amp because of the range of tones you can achieve in conjunction with amp controls, your guitar's controls, and an added OD pedal...or two! It's a great model for jazz tones, expecially using the neck pickup of a humbucker guitar, with warm, round, mellow tones. But it really excels for classic rock and blues.

I use the settings in the image below as my starting point, and then play around with the tone stack and the Gain control to get the tones I'm looking for. The Gain knob is useful up to around 2 PM or so, but I find it's too muddy above that. I tend to leave it somewhere in the 10 AM - noon range, and then dial in the amount of overdrive/distortion that I want with one of my two OD pedals--the Bad Monkey and the Radial Tonebone Classic.

For my two humbucker guitars, the combination of the Bad Monkey with these model settings handles most of the classic rock tones I want. Between the amp's Gain knob and the controls on the Monk, you can cover a pretty healthy range of tones, from clean up through a moderate degree of "crunch" or distortion. For higher degrees of distortion, you're better off using one of the AD30VT's higher gain amp models, like the UK '80's and the others on the righthand side of the amp model dial.

For my Strat, the Tweed and Bad Monkey deliver a nice blues tone, but this guitar needs to be boosted more for mid-range distortion levels, and the Tonebone comes in handy for that. As of late, I've taken to using the Tonebone to establish a nice crunchy edge for the "baseline" of a song and then kick in the Bad Monkey for an extra volume and incremental overdrive boost for leads. Works great!

http://duhvoodooman.com/miscimages/musical/All-Purpose_Tweed.gif

jpfeifer
October 24th, 2006, 01:07 PM
Wow, I should try that AC15 model for Jazz. I have been using the Blackface 2x12 (Fender Twin model) all this time. I need to try some of the other amp models.

I am really happy with the Valvetronix amp. I've been using a AD120VTX for about the past year now and it is one versatile amp.

My favorite amp models on it are the Blackface 2x12 (for clean sounds), the Tweed Bassman model for Blues lead tones, and also the AC30 models for dirty rhthym sounds.

But one of my favorite amp models is the Boutique OD model for fat lead sounds. You can nail a very nice sound for doing Santana, or Gary Moore kind of tones. It's really fat and kind of vocal sounding.

-- Jim

SuperSwede
October 24th, 2006, 01:10 PM
Jim, the darker class A sound is perfect for Jazz. I use the AC15 & AC15TB models a lot. I also like to dial in the UK80´s setting on low gain for a real tasty Mike Stern sound.

jpfeifer
October 24th, 2006, 01:38 PM
That's great. I'll try these other models. I would not have tried them had I not read your suggestions. I really like Mike Stern's tone!

I like Robben Ford's tone too. You can get that one pretty close with the Boutique OD model.

-- Jim

Robert
October 24th, 2006, 02:08 PM
You guys don't mean you like Stern's OD sound do you? I like his clean jazz sound, but his distorted sound - yuck! I could never play with such a tone, I'd throw up on the spot.

SuperSwede
October 25th, 2006, 03:31 AM
Robert! SHAME ON YOU!
Mike Stern has the most delicious tone I´ve ever heard when he kicks in that DS-1! Add a splash of Chorus and you are in tele tone heaven.
Just listen to the track "You never know" from the 1996 release "Between the lines". Insanely great drumming, iirc its Dave Weckl pounding away behind Sterns power chord fest :)

Tim
October 25th, 2006, 04:12 AM
Voodooman - I tried your AD30VT settings from the attachment above with my strat with 3 single coils. I got a very good tone which was easily to adjust to various other settings. My only problem was I also had a constant hissing sound out of the amp. I did not have time to try hum buckers with the Tweed 4X10 model. I attempted to play with the noise reduction without any success.

tot_Ou_tard
October 25th, 2006, 07:03 AM
I often use a similar setting.

As far as how to to tweak the VOX models, the most important thing to undrstand is that the Valvetronix amps try to mimic the behavior of the various amps. This is particularly relevant in terms of the tone knobs. Instead of starting with the tone knobs all at 12:00 start with the settings descibed in the manual and tweak from there. The Tonelab manual has more information than the AD30VT manual; go find that at the VOX home page and read it.

You should really explore the tone space not just mess with gain etc to find the sound you're after. This was a revelation to me. I get better sounds the more time I spend with a particular model.

As Nelskie has often remarked about modellers, it takes a little time to understand them.

duhvoodooman
October 25th, 2006, 08:56 AM
As far as how to to tweak the VOX models, the most important thing to undrstand is that the Valvetronix amps try to mimic the behavior of the various amps. This is particularly relevant in terms of the tone knobs. Instead of starting with the tone knobs all at 12:00 start with the settings descibed in the manual and tweak from there. The Tonelab manual has more information than the AD30VT manual; go find that at the VOX home page and read it.

You should really explore the tone space not just mess with gain etc to find the sound you're after. This was a revelation to me. I get better sounds the more time I spend with a particular model.

As Nelskie has often remarked about modellers, it takes a little time to understand them.
I certainly didn't mean to imply that the best way to the use the AD30VT is to dial in one amp setting and then just move the gain knob around! My point was that I have found this particular setting to be quite flexible, and can dial in various degrees of OD/distortion by using the Gain in conjunction with two of my pedals.

I often do what you describe, i.e. load an amp model preset (I have the AD15/30/50/100VT presets all posted HERE (http://duhvoodooman.com/AD30VT/presets.htm)) and then start tweaking to taste from there. The presets differ quite radically in their various parameter settings, reflecting the large diversity of amps--and tones--they simulate.

duhvoodooman
October 25th, 2006, 09:02 PM
Here's a link to a clip I recorded with my Strat using the Tweed settings I described above. Same riff four times, with the following conditions:

Stock middle p'up setting, no pedals. No effects except for a bit of reverb.
As #1, but with middle and bridge p'ups in series, per my recent "Strat Lover's" wiring mods; gives an accentuated "quack" tone
As #2, but with the ToneBone kicked in; mid-range overdrive settings
As #3, but with the addition of the Bad Monkey, too. A nice, aggressive lead tone!

Here's the link:

Tweed OD Ramp-up (http://duhvoodooman.com/audio_clips/Tweed_OD_Rollon.mp3)

tot_Ou_tard
October 26th, 2006, 06:41 AM
I certainly didn't mean to imply that the best way to the use the AD30VT is to dial in one amp setting and then just move the gain knob around! My point was that I have found this particular setting to be quite flexible, and can dial in various degrees of OD/distortion by using the Gain in conjunction with two of my pedals.

I wasn't implying that you were implying that....:o

I was only making an independent comment that has helped me.

I return you to your regularly scheduled hour of implications. ;)

ShortBuSX
January 10th, 2007, 10:37 AM
Im looking for a qwacky strat tone like John Mayer often has...like his "the Wind Cries Mary" tone.

Sorry bout the video, I cant explain it...but this is the tone I want!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SH_Q6yakzpM

Can anybody help me with this...I get tons of twang out of my Tele on this amp, but Im havin a hard time dialin in the qwack on my Strat. Ive tried the forums and patch libraries but I can find anything thats pleasing to my ears yet with this Strat...like a "Yellow Ledbetter" tone.

DVM's personal settings would be nice too:D

duhvoodooman
January 10th, 2007, 07:48 PM
That WCM clip sounds pretty much like a straight Strat neck pickup clean tone. I'd try the Boutique CL, Black 2x12 or Tweed 4x10 models and then play around with the tone controls in the guitar and amp to dial in the sound you want.

As far as "quack" goes, that term is usually applied to the 2 and 4 positions of the pickup selector on an S-S-S Strat, particularly the bridge/middle combo. The two p'ups are in a parallel electrical orientation, which reduces volume and thins and hollows the tone some. It's also hum-cancelling in almost all newer Strats. The quintessential "quack" tone to me has always been Mark Knopfler on Sultans of Swing.

Never having owned/played an H-S-S Strat, I don't know what the corresponding bridge/middle p'up combo sounds like! But the neck/middle should have that same nice, mellow quack.

Here are three of my favorite AD30VT settings. The first two are great for the Strat; the SRV setting is best for the neck pickup. The third is a terrific hard rock setting for humbucker guitars:

http://duhvoodooman.com/AD30VT/All-purpose_Black_2x12.gif

http://duhvoodooman.com/AD30VT/SRV_Typical.gif

http://duhvoodooman.com/AD30VT/Taz_Hard_Rock.gif

ShortBuSX
January 10th, 2007, 08:56 PM
New here! I have a 30 that I am really enjoying.

Try this,

boutique clean

Gain - Full
Treble 12 o'clock
mid - 12 o'clock
bass - 9 o'clock
All three volumes - full

maybe a little reverb.

This setting has a lot of nice top end and simply roars, imo. not much dirt though, but it works for me.

Chris

I reread this topic and took notes, went home...tried up until this one and stopped after I got here....saweeeeeet!:D

But she was hummin! But with all the dials burried you kinda gotta expect it....turned the gain back to bout 2 and the hum got mild.

duhvoodooman
January 10th, 2007, 09:12 PM
I reread this topic and took notes, went home...tried up until this one and stopped after I got here....
Don't stop--keep experimenting. No one setting is good for everything, obviously. I've found good, useful set-ups with every model up through the UK'80's (not being a metalhead, I don't go beyond that amp model too often!). The Boutique CL is a great amp model, as you've found; AAMOF, I was just playing my son's Squier Tele through that one tonight. Sweet tones, both clean and with an OD pedal! The AC30TB model will produce some fantastic tones, too. Keep spinnin' them chickenheads! :DR

ShortBuSX
January 10th, 2007, 09:13 PM
That WCM clip sounds pretty much like a straight Strat neck pickup clean tone. I'd try the Boutique CL, Black 2x12 or Tweed 4x10 models and then play around with the tone controls in the guitar and amp to dial in the sound you want.

As far as "quack" goes, that term is usually applied to the 2 and 4 positions of the pickup selector on an S-S-S Strat, particularly the bridge/middle combo. The two p'ups are in a parallel electrical orientation, which reduces volume and thins and hollows the tone some. It's also hum-cancelling in almost all newer Strats. The quintessential "quack" tone to me has always been Mark Knopfler on Sultans of Swing.

Never having owned/played an H-S-S Strat, I don't know what the corresponding bridge/middle p'up combo sounds like! But the neck/middle should have that same nice, mellow quack.

Here are three of my favorite AD30VT settings. The first two are great for the Strat; the SRV setting is best for the neck pickup. The third is a terrific hard rock setting for humbucker guitars:

Thanks thatll be nice! I'll print those out and givem a try.

I didnt know about the 2-4 thing...thatll help me Im sure and is also another good reason for me to do that "Lonestar wiring" mod, as my humbucker is so hot its not a clean as the other positions, kinda overdriven and the blend is just wierd with the middle pup.

Thanks again!

ShortBuSX
January 11th, 2007, 12:13 PM
Don't stop--keep experimenting... Keep spinnin' them chickenheads! :DR

Are you kidding? I couldnt stop if I tried...Im just looking for good starting points...and yall have had this amp long than me, so I greatly appreciate the helpful advice.:D

ShortBuSX
January 12th, 2007, 12:14 PM
DVM, I really like the Black 2x12 setting...but that SRV is awesome! Thanks!

Big K
January 14th, 2007, 11:00 AM
Keep spinnin' them chickenheads! :DR
DVM is the AD Voxmaster.... thanks for the tips & direction...:D

ShortBuSX
January 15th, 2007, 01:12 PM
DVM is the AD Voxmaster....

INDEED! Very helpful too!

sam334
April 25th, 2007, 09:10 AM
After a year of playing acoustic (Breedlove AC25SR), I decided to take the plunge and purchased an inexpensive electric guitar (Squier 51) and an AD15VT. I figure I can always upgrade the guitar later and keep the amp :)

Anyhow, I just wanted to thank all those who have posted settings. It's a tremendous help to those of us who have no clue where to start with all those knobs.

:)

ShortBuSX
April 27th, 2007, 12:32 PM
Any good Sabbath suggestions? Like, War Pigs?

ShortBuSX
May 2nd, 2007, 12:29 PM
Any good Sabbath suggestions? Like, War Pigs?

Black Sabbath? Anybody?:confused:

warren0728
May 2nd, 2007, 12:36 PM
three black sabbath patches from a couple of good patch sites....not sure if they will give you the sound you are looking for but might be a good place to start...

http://www.valvetronix.net/valvetronix/black-sabbath/iron-man/details_330.html

http://www.valvetronix.net/valvetronix/black-sabbath/sabbath-bloody-sabbath/details_250.html

http://patchtronix.com/patches.php?patch=44

ww

marnold
May 2nd, 2007, 04:36 PM
I've never had good luck getting Iommi-esque sounds from my Vox all by itself. It's not fuzzy enough. I can nail it with my Digitech EX7 using the Big Muff model.

ShortBuSX
May 3rd, 2007, 12:23 PM
Thanks Warren but Ive tried those already...pretty nasty, and not in a good way.

warren0728
May 3rd, 2007, 12:37 PM
not surprised....good luck with your search!

ww

ShortBuSX
May 5th, 2007, 07:23 AM
I found a couple(almost the same) on my own that I like, works for Sabbath, older Rush, Metallica's Whiplash as well as some early Zeppelin tele stuff.

I use the AC30...Gain about 3pm, Volume between 12 and 3, High 12, Mid 3 and Low 11, either reverb or reverb/chorus(lite on the chorus) Master at between 12 and 3.

Or same settings just use the AC10 instead.

I found these settings work even best with an OD pedal.

The funny/interesting thing is that I began to switch between the different amp models and began to think "wow this is a very versitile setting!"...I noodled around for a lil longer and thought Id better jot down my settings, I made(copied) a setting/tone chart, I noticed the last personal setting I jotted down was in December, but then I noticed almost all of the values were damn near identical! Only difference was the amp model...and my(DVM) OD pedal.

sam334
May 6th, 2007, 02:20 PM
Wondering if anyone could share some wah settings for funk and/or Hendrix.

Thanks.

Blueswaite
July 31st, 2007, 05:55 PM
Don't forget with the vox foot switch you can choose 1, 2 or manual and that will give you 3 settings.
Good Luck

Ro3b
December 14th, 2007, 04:59 PM
FWIW here's where the Xaviere and I are mostly living on the AD50VT these days:

Black 2X12
Gain dimed
Volume dimed
Treble 3:00
Mid dimed
Bass 10:00

I can get a nice range of distortions with my guitar's volume knob, just like the manual says. With the P90s the vibe is generally dirty-but-chimey, good for the sort of low-fi roots punk I'm into these days. This setting also sounds good with a bit of compression when the whim strikes.

I also use this for a clean setting:

Tweed 4x10
Gain 10:00
Volume 3:00
Treble 2:00
Mid 3:00
Bass 12:00

rufus1973
March 6th, 2009, 04:42 PM
please someone tried to emulate those tones??:thwap: i cant do it.