PDA

View Full Version : Logic Studio 8

Jampy
March 13th, 2008, 12:29 PM
WOOHOO, just got my hands on a copy of LS8 for my Mac, I am so happy. I am working my way to get certified and a free (legit) copy came in today via UPS. We are allowed to have NFR software here so I am able to use, demo, and record with it at no cost. I bought my first training manual and will sadly be forced to learn on my own as no classrooms for Logic are to be found in my area :thwap: Looking forward to this little adventure the amp modeling looks amazing and the interface is a lot like garangeband 08 so it should be easy to switch over and lay down some tracks. I'll be sure to try to share as much with you guys as possible during my "learning" stage.

To top it off it took about 3 hours to install on my work machine a 24" iMac so should take about 3.5 on my G5 2.3.
:AOK:

SuperSwede
March 13th, 2008, 12:38 PM
WOOHOO, just got my hands on a copy of LS8 for my Mac, I am so happy. I am working my way to get certified and a free (legit) copy came in today via UPS. We are allowed to have NFR software here so I am able to use, demo, and record with it at no cost. I bought my first training manual and will sadly be forced to learn on my own as no classrooms for Logic are to be found in my area :thwap: Looking forward to this little adventure the amp modeling looks amazing and the interface is a lot like garangeband 08 so it should be easy to switch over and lay down some tracks. I'll be sure to try to share as much with you guys as possible during my "learning" stage.

To top it off it took about 3 hours to install on my work machine a 24" iMac so should take about 3.5 on my G5 2.3.
:AOK:

You got Logic 8 for free? Cool! :AOK:

(I also got mine for free.. ahem.. but I am in the process of legalising my setup).

Jampy
March 13th, 2008, 01:11 PM
Yup 100% free 100% working 100% legit.

I work for a Apple Reseller, this allows to have full versions of software to test and demo for sales purposes.
:dude:

I would have to say stay away from the "free" download versions you know they will be nothing but problems.

SuperSwede
March 13th, 2008, 01:15 PM
I´ve always been a Cubase guy at heart but these new Logic versions (both 8 and Express) really works good. Logic has a pretty steep learning curve but the later versions seems to have made it a little more easy to use.

I still think that Garageband works better as a small studio recording machine. It has more in common with a Roland VS than Cubase/Logic imho.

Spudman
March 13th, 2008, 02:27 PM
Wow! Loic for free. That is awesome. I've heard some great records done on Logic.:AOK:

Like SS I'm a Cubase guy too and have the full blown program C4. The learning curve is pretty steep with the good programs but once you spend time with it and really get to know it you'll be really happy. Sort of like looking at a real powerful motorcycle and being intimidated at first, but after you ride it a bit you are right in the groove.

Good luck with it and congratulations. I can hardly wait to hear something that you've done with it.;)

Jampy
March 13th, 2008, 03:27 PM
Like I stated in my above post, I am getting Certified for Logic, so I will be going through a long study guide to ease the learning curve.

i'll keep you posted.
:bravo:

sunvalleylaw
March 13th, 2008, 04:12 PM
Congrats on that! I am somewhat jealous, and would love to have a copy, and learn to be proficient. But for what I am doing, I bet Garageband and Gearbox have plenty to play with. I am still looking for a good blues shuffle drum loop for backing. I need to learn more about adding drums into GB.