PDA

View Full Version : Vibe pedal lovers unite!

Robert
March 14th, 2008, 07:35 AM
Who loves the Uni-vibe sound? I do! I have Cool Cat vibe coming some time soon I hope.

I found this nice demo of a KR Megavibe. Check it out, this pedal sounds great. (Sweet Octavia tone he's getting on this clip too).

UEHXAjhp6Uo&NR

ZMAN
March 14th, 2008, 10:17 AM
MIne is the Fulltone Mini deja vibe. I just love that pedal to death. I have it on to some degree ALL the time.

Spudman
March 14th, 2008, 01:15 PM
I've just recently gotten used to playing with vibe myself.
I have a Rotovibe, the Chicken Salad and the EX7 which is my favorite so far. It sounds like the Univibe or a chorus or just about any type of vibe you want it to.

Is it possible to have too much vibe, to be over-vibed?:D

warren0728
March 14th, 2008, 01:18 PM
Is it possible to have too much vibe, to be over-vibed?
ok....i just stole that quote for my sig!

i know there are some vibe settings on my rp250....just have to find them!

ww

marnold
March 14th, 2008, 03:12 PM
I have a Rotovibe, the Chicken Salad and the EX7 which is my favorite so far.
I was going to mention my EX-7 too but I thought that'd be redundant. Since I've said it already. In the past.

Robert
March 14th, 2008, 03:20 PM
Good thing you didn't say anything about the EX-7 then. The redundancy would be awful. :D

Spudman
March 14th, 2008, 04:01 PM
Hey. I'm sorry I mentioned the EX7 too. I really didn't mean to say anything about it. It's just that it's Pi day and I got all excited and was reminded of the swirliness of the EX7 and how it relates to the circumference of circles. I know I was being redundant. My bad.:thwap:

Justaguyin_nc
March 14th, 2008, 04:19 PM
if you took an EX7 and divided it by PI.. how many little EX7's would there be...

now that is serious EX7 Uni-Vibe... I likes my EX7 but with the redundant rule in place will not mention it.

warren0728
March 14th, 2008, 04:25 PM
i'm glad i got the rp250 so i don't have to mention the ex-7...oops... :rotflmao:

ww

Spudman
March 14th, 2008, 05:21 PM
I'm really not interested in discussing the EX7 any more but did anyone mention to Robert to try one out in a store? It has a real good vibe thing going for it. Did anyone mention how adjustable it is?

Robert
March 14th, 2008, 05:33 PM
What's this talk about the EX-7? I'm lost already.... :D

I told my guitar-store-running pal to order some in, or else! We'll see if he does. I bet I will end up with one just because guys keep mentioning this XL-14 or whatever... Oh EX-7 it was. ;)

Rabies
March 14th, 2008, 06:03 PM
Another vibe lover here...Chicken Salad is my flavor. :AOK:

Tone2TheBone
March 15th, 2008, 12:02 AM
Has anyone here tried the EX-7 then? If you haven't you should...really.

;)

Can't help but include my pimp of the thang. Authentic soundin' and highly adjustable.

Spudman
March 15th, 2008, 12:24 AM
tried here the Has anyone then EX-7 ? haven't you If you really....should

;)

thang my pimp Can't include help but of the . soundin' Authentic and highly adjustable.

Yep, super adjustable.:D

warren0728
March 15th, 2008, 08:33 AM
i've also heard there is a model called the ex-7...anyone know anything about them...are they highly adjustable? :whatever:

ww

JJ Gross
March 15th, 2008, 12:56 PM
I actually use a pair of Vibes on my gig board. The first in the chain is one I built and the second is a VL MicroVibe. The MV sounds good, just isn't very reliable so the next time it breaks (the third time) I'll just build another one myself to replace it.

The one I built is bullet proof and is almost a direct clone of the original UniVibe from the 60s right down to the incandescant light bulb surrounded by high-sweep LDRs in a metal light shield. Mods I've done to the original design are true bypass, slightly higher gain to overcome the natural volume drop the originals had and careful tweaking of the bulb biasing circuit and wet-dry balance resistors (replaced them with a trimpot). Mine also has the vibe/chorus switch so I can use it either way. The Vibe half is really lopey and makes you want to play Bridge of Sighs right away. The chorus has that trademark vibe seasick pitch bend thing going on that reminds me very much of an old Magnatone vibrato. Born on the Bayou is just begging for this thing.

I put it in an old used enclosure that has way too many holes drilled in it from other test builds so it's butt-ugly. Sounds awesome though - far better than just about anything i've tried at any store.

Running two vibes together lets you get some really trippy sounds.

Cheers,
- JJ

Gil Janus
March 16th, 2008, 10:27 PM
I have a Chicken Salad - it sounds pretty nice - not too expensive either.

Gil :cool:

Jimi75
March 17th, 2008, 03:50 AM
I have the Dunlop Univibe with the external Foot Controller. A great sounding UNIT!

That guy in the video has a tremdously good sounding rig. Cool stuff on his board.

I am a vibe lover, too. :master:

tot_Ou_tard
March 18th, 2008, 10:58 AM
I plan on getting an EX-7, but not to plug my guitar into. I'm gonna carry it in my pocket, 'cause I'm tired of wanting to adjust something & there's nothing around to adjust.

Spudman
March 18th, 2008, 12:29 PM
I plan on getting an EX-7, but not to plug my guitar into. I'm gonna carry it in my pocket, 'cuase I'm tired of wanting to adjust something & there's nothing around to adjust.

Again logical wisdom prevails. Lest you not know - you will need heavy duty carpenter or Carhart pants simply because it is a very heavy adjuster thingy.

Justaguyin_nc
March 18th, 2008, 03:07 PM
Hmmm..he wants an adjustable VIBE in his pants?

Spudman
March 18th, 2008, 03:08 PM
Hmmm..he wants an adjustable VIBE in his pants?

Don't we all?:confused: ;)