PDA

View Full Version : Therapy

Tim
March 14th, 2008, 12:43 PM
Physical that is! I went for my first therapy session today. Boy do I hate that guy. My knee is killing after my first session. It would not be to bad if a nice looking femle was inflicting all this pain on me, but it is a guy.

I did lay in bed yesterday and practice on one of my guitars. The wife though it was silly. But it was good therapy to me. Played along with some backing tracks on the lap top throuh my Rocket Rock-It mini amp. I consider this a more relaxing type therapy session.

Katastrophe
March 14th, 2008, 12:59 PM
Tim, good to hear from you, man! It's also good to hear (read) that you're playing. Your assignment: pick any Yngwie Malmsteen tune and learn it note for note, including solos. That oughta keep you occupied for a while!:D

It's okay to hate your physical therapist. They have to make you do uncomfortable/painful things to help you regain motion in the knee. My stepdad went through the same thing when his knee was operated on, and these days, many years later, it works better than his "good" knee. I'm pretty sure if the physical therapist in his case was within reach, he'd have been feelin' some pain, too.

Keep working at it, and you'll be doing stage dives and all those other crazy "guitar god" antics before you know it!

warren0728
March 14th, 2008, 01:13 PM
They have to make you do uncomfortable/painful things to help you regain motion in the knee.
yeah i went through the same thing after dislocating my elbow....hang in there tim and keep playing that guitar!

ww

sumitomo
March 14th, 2008, 01:14 PM
Hi,Tim I had knee sugery about 30 yrs ago when I was young and dumb I almost ruined the sugery by doing to much to soon.But we are older and wiser now,just hang in there with the therapy,rest and elevate that leg now and again and you will be back at it in no time! :D Sumi

just strum
March 14th, 2008, 01:42 PM
...They have to make you do uncomfortable/painful things to help you regain motion in the knee...

And the fact that we slipped the therapist a $20 adds a little something. Hey, we are sympathetic bunch.:D

Tim, it's good to hear you are in the recovery stage even though it is painful. Get better, get mobile and continue to play!!!

warren0728
March 14th, 2008, 01:43 PM
And the fact that we slipped the therapist a $20 adds a little something. Hey, we are sympathetic bunch.:D
money well spent!! :bravo: :poke:

ww

Robert
March 14th, 2008, 02:11 PM
Tim, have faith! The physical therapy hurts bad, but it will help you a lot. Play that geetar and don't smash it on the head of the therapy guy!

Justaguyin_nc
March 14th, 2008, 02:26 PM
Glad to hear it all is going well, even with the pains...
Great time to play that guitar man!
Maybe you can come up with a nice ballad called pain in my knee! :thwap:

Wishing you a speedy recovery!
:beer:

Hmmm lets see humming

pain in my knee..
it stays there due to therapy
etc etc tec

oldguy
March 14th, 2008, 03:35 PM
Tim, glad to hear you're playing, hope the therapy goes well and the pain eases up soon.
Maybe you could write the "Lowdown, pain in the knee blues", or something.

luvmyshiner
March 14th, 2008, 07:47 PM
You've got my empathy Tim. Started the physical "they-rape-me" for my back this week. I'm not sure which is worse, what they're doing to my back, or what they're doing to my pocket book.

tot_Ou_tard
March 14th, 2008, 08:13 PM
Physical that is! I went for my first therapy session today. Boy do I hate that guy. My knee is killing after my first session. It would not be to bad if a nice looking femle was inflicting all this pain on me, but it is a guy.

I did lay in bed yesterday and practice on one of my guitars. The wife though it was silly. But it was good therapy to me.
What?!? You practiced *therapy* on your GUITAR :eek:.

Get a grip man! The pain'll go away & then the crying will start.