PDA

View Full Version : How should I configure this?

Radioboy950
March 14th, 2008, 03:07 PM
Hey guys,

I play around with 4 pedals:
TS9, Boss Chorus, DigiDelay & Wampler Ecstasy.

If the Wampler is the only true bypass box, should I put that first, last...or does it even matter??

Also, would it be better to go through the amp's FX loop or the guitar inputs?
Thanks

t_ross33
March 14th, 2008, 04:39 PM
Hey guys,

I play around with 4 pedals:
TS9, Boss Chorus, DigiDelay & Wampler Ecstasy.

If the Wampler is the only true bypass box, should I put that first, last...or does it even matter??

Also, would it be better to go through the amp's FX loop or the guitar inputs?
Thanks

Here's what I'd do:

Guitar->TS9->Amp Input. Run the chorus then delay through the FX loop. Not sure what the Ecstasy is or does. If it's an OD, then inline before the amp input, if it's a modulation type effect, then in the FX loop.

Not saying it's right, but it's probably what I'd do first. Then move things around to see what works for me.

Trev

Spudman
March 14th, 2008, 05:07 PM
T_ross has the right idea, but think about this...true bypass does not have a buffer and that is an OD pedal right? I'd go with guitar>Wampler>TS9(because the TS9 should have a buffer I think) then run the other effects in your effects loop like t_ross says unless you like the sound of the delay in line. I personally like the digital delay in line because it softens the digital sound. I find them too clean otherwise. If you run the buffer before the signal goes into the amph it can improve the sound.

Just more suggestions but I'd always run the drive/distortions first into the guitar's input.