PDA

View Full Version : Jazz tune by my friend Jonas in Sweden

Robert
March 14th, 2008, 05:17 PM
My pal Jonas sent me this piece today that he wrote and recorded, so I thought you might like to hear it! Using some fantastic piano module from Native Instruments, and Ezdrummer sounds and acoustic bass from Soundfonts for the sound card he has - Audigy I think.
:bravo:

We used to jam when I lived in Sweden. He is a very good jazz piano player. I just wish he'd move here so we could play together again!

Retstickan (http://www.box.net/shared/t6vclv1us0)

He is way beyond me in his jazz chops. Makes me jealous... but oh well!

Let me know what you think. Masterful player he is, and the force is strong in him, Yoda says.

FrankAxtell
March 14th, 2008, 05:48 PM
Thanks for posting...he really swings!

jpfeifer
March 14th, 2008, 06:10 PM
Great stuff. He has a very nice feel and good phrasing. He sounds like he has been doing this for a very long time.

He is a Jedi Master :-)

-- Jim

Robert
March 15th, 2008, 06:33 PM
Yes, he is a great player and I'm trying to get him to come visit me so I can play with him again. Maybe convince him to stay in Canada! :)

tot_Ou_tard
March 15th, 2008, 07:45 PM
He has the touch & the swing indeed. Good stuff, thanks Robert.

Robert
March 18th, 2008, 09:55 AM
You are welcome! Jonas and I will try and do some recordings together - sending audio files back and forth. Most likely jazz tunes.

SuperSwede
March 18th, 2008, 03:43 PM
Awesome clip Robert...

Jimi75
March 18th, 2008, 03:59 PM
Oh man that sounds great. I am a fan Abdullah Ibrahim's piano playing because of its freshness and this clip sounded as fresh!

You should definitely do some recording with Jonas!

And maybe he convinces you to come back to good old Europe ;-)