PDA

View Full Version : In Honor of Pi Day

marnold
March 14th, 2008, 08:48 PM
Since this is Pi Day I thought I'd switch to my Fender and record a tune using my EX-7's Big Muff Pi model. The level, tone, and gain on the pedal were all set at noon. The whammy wet/dry mix was set to completely dry (no effect at all). I'm hacking my way through several riffs from Dokken's "In My Dreams". Normally, I don't go for as "fuzzy" of a distortion as this for this tune, but this is a special occasion. And yes, I did totally hose a chord change after the refrain. I was too lazy to rerecord it. Sue me. In My Dreams BMP (http://www.box.net/shared/0bwaylg6cg)

just strum
March 14th, 2008, 08:57 PM
Normally a little too "fuzzy" for my taste, but still nicely done.

Why do I envision all the lawyers here filing papers right now? Well, you left the door open:D

oldguy
March 14th, 2008, 09:17 PM
Nice one, Marnold! :beer:
Keep 'em coming, I like the harmonics!:AOK:

Spudman
March 14th, 2008, 11:34 PM
Dood! :dude: :dude: :dude: :dude:

tot_Ou_tard
March 15th, 2008, 05:29 AM
Righteous rawk Rev!

Ummm...who's Dokken? :D

marnold
March 15th, 2008, 09:24 AM
Actually, I lied. The tone was in fact set to the 1:30 or 2/3 position instead of noon. I'm sure that will dramatically effect people's view of this clip.

tot: Dokken is a type of fish.

just strum
March 15th, 2008, 09:27 AM
Actually, I lied. The tone was in fact set to the 1:30 or 2/3 position instead of noon. I'm sure that will dramatically effect people's view of this clip.

the lawsuit is going to be bigger than I anticipated.

Jamie O
March 16th, 2008, 08:14 PM
I've caught Dokken on a fly rod. ;) the arpeggios ( someone help me with the spelling please) sound really nice near the end. Or are those the harmonics oldguy was speaking of?

SuperSwede
March 17th, 2008, 01:54 AM
Awesome clip Marnold! :R

sunvalleylaw
March 17th, 2008, 11:39 PM
Nice Rev Rawk!!