PDA

View Full Version : Berzerk - 1980 Video Game

Algonquin
March 16th, 2008, 05:32 PM
I haven't played a video game in a long, long time, but when I was young this game ate a lot of quarters out of my pocket.

_6egQbsn_C4

Anyone remember this one? 'Evil Otto' was the name of the bouncing ball of Doom that came after you if you stayed in the maze for too long.

After you were finally defeated the game would say... 'Coins detected in pocket' :D I loved it!

Kodiak3D
March 16th, 2008, 05:46 PM
I LOVE that game!

I'm still a fan of video games, and it's truly amazing to see some of the modern games versus what the industry started out as.

SuperSwede
March 17th, 2008, 02:03 AM
There are a lot of emulators available if you want to play those old games again...

Mac users, check out this page: http://emulation.victoly.com/

R_of_G
March 17th, 2008, 05:27 AM
"Stop the Humanoids! Stop the Intruders!"

love that game!

sunvalleylaw
March 17th, 2008, 07:59 AM
I didn't play a lot either, but back in the day in college, my two favorites were Asteroids and Pole Position, oh, and Defender Stargate!

tremoloman
March 18th, 2008, 07:06 AM
Nothing beats the early 80s classics... if you were a Berzerk fan, did you ever try its sequel Frenzy? It was even cooler than the original IMHO. You could shoot throuhg purple walls and make your own exits, riccociet bullets of white walls, and evil otto COULD be destroyed with 3 hits. Boy is the geek in me coming out here!

PMHlQ1F-h40

You can play these classics for free using MAME (Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator). Last time I checked I think it emulates over 3,000 arcade games.

pie_man_25
March 20th, 2008, 03:34 PM
There are a lot of emulators available if you want to play those old games again...

Mac users, check out this page: http://emulation.victoly.com/

oh yeah, emulators, I use DOS box, of course windows 98 runs most dos games no pronlem, but when it comes to zone 66, cannon fodder, and ancient art of war, I use dos box

SuperSwede
March 21st, 2008, 01:52 AM
oh yeah, emulators, I use DOS box, of course windows 98 runs most dos games no pronlem, but when it comes to zone 66, cannon fodder, and ancient art of war, I use dos box

Cannon Fodder! Man that brings back some memories!
Gotta fire up DosBOX and play it again :)

Thanks Pieman!

warren0728
March 21st, 2008, 09:06 AM
I didn't play a lot either, but back in the day in college, my two favorites were Asteroids and Pole Position, oh, and Defender Stargate!
i played a lot of stargate....one of the only video games i was ever addicted too!

ww

pie_man_25
March 24th, 2008, 12:05 PM
Cannon Fodder! Man that brings back some memories!
Gotta fire up DosBOX and play it again :)

Thanks Pieman!

oh yeah, I love that game, I only have the shareware version though, I'll check my usual classic games sites to see if they have the full. man that game is hard, I only got to like mission three (or possibly four) how far did you get?

SuperSwede
March 24th, 2008, 12:23 PM
oh yeah, I love that game, I only have the shareware version though, I'll check my usual classic games sites to see if they have the full. man that game is hard, I only got to like mission three (or possibly four) how far did you get?

Iirc a friend of mine and I beat the entire game.. I think that was on his Amiga..hmm

A hard game no doubt, but if you want HARD try beating Contra (SNES) on Hard-mode.. that game is wicked.