PDA

View Full Version : Dang I didnt win......:(

mrmudcat
March 17th, 2008, 08:25 PM
Well ive been after some rare speakers for a dream rig im building and after months with one or two sightings this auction came up: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190205540543&_trksid=p3907.m32&_trkparms=tab%3DWatching

Well I had placed my bid with seconds to go and when it came time to confirm bid and win by way of the snipe I get booted:thwap: (high speed internet my arse:whatever: Well I was bummed out!!

That was until I got a email saying I'd won these ! Woohoo I completely forgot I had bid on em(first time using bid assistant):rockon:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120231597514&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSA:US:1123

Oh yea average prices are about $300 to $400 a pair I saved $160:beer:

sunvalleylaw
March 17th, 2008, 10:54 PM
Cool! Congrats on not winning! ;-)

tot_Ou_tard
March 18th, 2008, 05:35 AM
Congrats Muddy! You should always use a sniping program. That way you don't have to try to send in a bid at the last second.

mrmudcat
March 18th, 2008, 06:10 AM
Tot I do when I am not about but if im at home I love to play the game.:beer: Someone had bid on the pair I won so I just placed a $2 above the current bid and figured they would go high and never checked back.:bravo: Anyways im amped:rockon:

Also I might be able to get another pair( these all are a matched quad set) for anyone interested;)

tot_Ou_tard
March 18th, 2008, 06:34 AM
Ahhh, I see:

Lord Mudcat, Big Gear Hunter.

He went out speaker hunting
With his pay pal & his thumb
For fear of sniper shots
He failed to jump the gun.

luvmyshiner
March 18th, 2008, 06:50 AM
Sweet Mud! Looks like you got one helluva deal too.

mrmudcat
March 18th, 2008, 08:15 AM
Shiner ive seen about 3 listings in about 6 months ive been looking so the speakers themselves are rare.$200 a pop (for 1) is the going rate so yea $55 a piece is a steal.:AOK:

warren0728
March 18th, 2008, 08:58 AM
congrats mud! now that losing is a good thing i see there is hope!! :bravo:

ww

luvmyshiner
March 18th, 2008, 09:04 AM
congrats mud! now that losing is a good thing i see there is hope!! :bravo:

ww

Heh, heh, I know what you mean Warren. We losers need to stick together!:beer:

just strum
March 18th, 2008, 10:13 AM
Congrats Mudcat, glad you snagged the speakers you've been hunting.

mrmudcat
March 18th, 2008, 11:52 AM
Thank you everyone for commenting:bravo:

Tot this has been a great gear-hunt but that twisted gut feeling hoping ,praying UPS finally gets it right sux hard:thwap: The picture of some hairy men in brown playing a pickup game of football in the warehouse with my prized pieces of ebay gold just wont go away:thwap: :rolleyes: :flamemad:

Im usually an upbeat, optimistic, my glass is half full kinda guy but ive seen the HORROR;)

mrmudcat
March 24th, 2008, 03:37 PM
Of course ups screwed up:flamemad: One speaker was thrashed not ripped or tore but the whole cone in about 50 pieces:thwap: Im so mad ..............made it from the 70's intact ups destroys it in 5 mins:flamemad:

luvmyshiner
March 24th, 2008, 04:05 PM
I feel your pain Mud. I honestly don't know how the hell those guys stay in business with all the money they pay out for damaged merchandise.