PDA

View Full Version : New Satriani/Vox Distortion pedal

Lev
March 19th, 2008, 04:52 AM
this looks interesting, I was getting ready to complain about the price but it's showing up in europe @ 99euro - not bad at all.
vq2aZN1kFDA

tot_Ou_tard
March 19th, 2008, 05:40 AM
Great name: Satchurator

Very interesting, indeed. If that's the sound you're going for.

Lev
March 19th, 2008, 05:51 AM
Great name: Satchurator

Very interesting, indeed. If that's the sound you're going for.

if the promotional material is to be believed it should go from a bluesy breakup type distortion through to modern gain. the proof will be in the youtube demo's ;)

tot_Ou_tard
March 19th, 2008, 05:59 AM
if the promotional material is to be believed it should go from a bluesy breakup type distortion through to modern gain. the proof will be in the youtube demo's ;)
The above video had a lot of talk, but not much showing the pedal's capabilities in action.

marnold
March 19th, 2008, 08:05 AM
Yes! It has an "11" switch!

I'm a little upset that they didn't spend more time opening the box, looking at the warranty card, the little catalog, etc.

SuperSwede
March 19th, 2008, 12:23 PM
Yes! It has an "11" switch!

I'm a little upset that they didn't spend more time opening the box, looking at the warranty card, the little catalog, etc.

Just wait until you know who gets one and post a youtube video.... ;)

Ehmmm..this is the warranty card.... really nice quality paper and all...and ... ..ehm..its got a really nice print style... and...ehmm...the box.. is kinda boxy but in a good way... as they say....ehmm...and you get this...ehmmm...9v adapter input that really seems.....kinda sturdy... ehmmm.

Jimi75
March 20th, 2008, 04:52 AM
Just wait until you know who gets one and post a youtube video.... ;)

Ehmmm..this is the warranty card.... really nice quality paper and all...and ... ..ehm..its got a really nice print style... and...ehmm...the box.. is kinda boxy but in a good way... as they say....ehmm...and you get this...ehmmm...9v adapter input that really seems.....kinda sturdy... ehmmm.

Your perfect parody makes me kind of "aggressive" thinking of that gearwire guy.

Anyways, Satch is talking too much in this video. I also want to hear that pedal.

tot_Ou_tard
March 20th, 2008, 06:33 AM
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Are you thinking of getting one Lev?

Lev
March 20th, 2008, 07:51 AM
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Are you thinking of getting one Lev?

I'll wait until I see/hear some more comprehensive demo's. If it does what it says on the tin it could be quite a good overdrive/distortion option. There certainly seems to be alot of work gone into it and recent Vox products have been pretty good.

ZMAN
March 21st, 2008, 11:17 AM
I just picked up a Distortion Pro pedal by Fulltone, yesterday. My dealer is a Fulltone dealer and they are out of production but he had a couple still in stock. It does all that the vox does except the 11 thing. I am more than pleased with it. I was using a DS1 and the thing I hated was the noise increased when you upped the gain and volume. This little DP is quiet as a mouse. Of course I should have expected that. Most of my pedals are Fulltone.