PDA

View Full Version : Guitar Center is having a hell of a sale

Big_Rob
March 19th, 2008, 08:48 AM
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-RG3EXQM1-Quilted-Maple-Top-Electric-Guitar-103382156-i1167869.gc?CJAID=10449560&CJPID=613087

Ibanez RG3EXQM1 Quilted Maple Top Electric Guitar

usually 699.00 now 50% off at 349.00

http://images.guitarcenter.com/products/optionlarge/Ibanez/461041jpg.jpg

Spudman
March 19th, 2008, 08:57 AM
I've played that guitar several times and that is one heck of a deal.

What else are they giving away?:drool:

Big_Rob
March 19th, 2008, 10:36 AM
I've played that guitar several times and that is one heck of a deal.

What else are they giving away?:drool:

I know, Its just too bad that Mommy wont let me buy a new guitar. :thwap:

tunghaichuan
March 19th, 2008, 12:53 PM
I had a chance to play one of those at GC today. They had 3 in stock, two red, one grey.

One of the red models I played was very nice. Well built, all the parts lined up. The tuners felt solid with no slop. The hardware looked substantial, not cheesy at all. They are made in Indonesia.

The pickups souned pretty good. Fairly bright for humbuckers. I didn't get a chance to play with any OD, but the clean sounds were very nice.

The neck on those guitars is wide and thin; the fingerboard is flat with large frets. I'm not up to speed on the various sized of fret wire, but the frets seemed a lot bigger than the vintage-style frets I'm used to. Definitely a metal/shredder guitar.

There was some filler around the shark fin inlays, but that is to be expected at that price point.

I played the other two and the grey one felt a little stiffer, it didn't play as smooth as the red one I tried. Ditto on the second red one I tried.

Bottom line: I would try as many out as possible before buying and pick the best one, they seem to vary a bit in terms of feel.

Still, for $350, an amazing guitar.

tung

just strum
March 22nd, 2008, 11:55 AM
I was just out and heard on the radio that GC is having an instant rebate sale up to $500. If anyone has a GC near them they might want to run up to see what's available.

pes_laul
March 22nd, 2008, 08:39 PM
well my dads still eating off of food stamps since my last guitar so I don't think he will go for this! :rotflmao:

Big_Rob
March 26th, 2008, 09:28 AM
well my dads still eating off of food stamps since my last guitar so I don't think he will go for this! :rotflmao:

Exactly, I just bought a $400 pistol last month so my wife isnt too keen on me buying a new guitar this month.

I can only hope they have some good 50% off deals when I get my stimulus check in May :D

hubberjub
March 26th, 2008, 11:09 AM
Exactly, I just bought a $400 pistol last month so my wife isnt too keen on me buying a new guitar this month.

I can only hope they have some good 50% off deals when I get my stimulus check in May :D

If you go to Guitar Center you might give your wife a reason to appreciate last months pistol purchase. At least she'll get some use out of the gun.

Lev
March 26th, 2008, 11:48 AM
If you go to Guitar Center you might give your wife a reason to appreciate last months pistol purchase. At least she'll get some use out of the gun.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

M29
March 26th, 2008, 08:38 PM
Hello Big_Rob,

Hmm PM me please I would like to hear what pistol it is. GAS comes in many forms:poke:

M