PDA

View Full Version : Finally bought my guitar

Tynee
March 20th, 2008, 07:12 AM
:bravo: :bravo: I got a flyer in the mail a week ago advertising a "Closed Door Sale for VIP list menmbers" at my local guitar store yesterday. I didn't figure they would be discounting guitars enough to convince me to buy one, but I thought it was worth going in to check it out. They had sold out of the Washburn D10S, which didn't break my heart, and the Seagull S6, a bit more concerning. Then I saw the pricetag on this:

http://www.artandlutherieguitars.com/dreadcedarsunrise.html
:) :) :)
I don't think that mentioning pricing is a no-no on here, but I'll wait for confirmation before I brag how cheap I got it.

I'm just thrilled with it. I played for an hour or better last night, then got up early this morning so I'd have a little quiet time before I left for work.

When my wife got home last night, I picked up the old all lam cheapie I'd been learning on and strummed a couple of chords, then hit the same chords on my new A&L. The sound was so much more pleasing to the ear that she got over being pissed about me spending the money.:AOK: :AOK: :AOK:

Robert
March 20th, 2008, 07:17 AM
Congrats! Those ain't bad guitars. You can mention the price fo sho.

Tynee
March 20th, 2008, 07:28 AM
I was real happy to get it for $260 tax and all. Couldn't get him to throw in a case at that price, just a bag.

tot_Ou_tard
March 20th, 2008, 07:33 AM
Fantastic Tynee!

Kodiak3D
March 20th, 2008, 07:42 AM
That's funny. MY local guitar shop also had a "closed door VIP sale" yesterday and I bought an A&L guitar as well.

http://www.artandlutherieguitars.com/dreadcedarantbst.html
Got mine for $230, and talked them into a big discount on a Rhino foam case.

Where is the Willis Music in Lexington, Tynee? I'm in Louisville.

Fretbuzz
March 20th, 2008, 07:49 AM
Congrats, nice guitar! Play a sappy love song for your wife and she'll be fine.

peachhead
March 20th, 2008, 10:58 AM
Congrats Tynee :bravo: Unfortunately I don't have a dealer for those around here anywhere.

Tynee
March 21st, 2008, 08:13 AM
That's funny. MY local guitar shop also had a "closed door VIP sale" yesterday and I bought an A&L guitar as well.

http://www.artandlutherieguitars.com/dreadcedarantbst.html
Got mine for $230, and talked them into a big discount on a Rhino foam case.

Where is the Willis Music in Lexington, Tynee? I'm in Louisville.

Congrats!! Looks like you got the same guitar in a different finish. I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy mine. I could have gotten the same rhino case for $50, but chose not to blow the budget. I've got an old 70's model case I'll be using when the guit needs a place to sleep or rehydrate.

Willis in Lexington is at the corner of New Circle and Nicholasville in Lexington Green, next door to where CompUSA used to be.

magoo
March 21st, 2008, 08:44 AM
Congrats on the A&Ls guys they are great guitars for the Price and sounds like you guys got good deals.:rockon:

just strum
March 21st, 2008, 10:56 AM
Tynee and Kodiak, congrats on the new guitars. By what you posted, you both seem to be happy with the purchase.:AOK:

Justaguyin_nc
March 22nd, 2008, 02:13 AM
Tynee and Kodiak, congrats on the new guitars. By what you posted, you both seem to be happy with the purchase.:AOK:

:bravo:
What he said... I like the looks.. hope they are played daily with a smile!