PDA

View Full Version : Filling the calendar!

Plank_Spanker
March 20th, 2008, 07:33 AM
We played our first two gigs in December just to get out and shake down the entire operation. We took January and February off to regroup and dial things in tighter. Some of the guys were getting discouraged about getting bookings, but I told them not to worry - they shall come.

Now it looks like our entire summer calendar will be full in about a month. We've been trying to break into the shore action, and we have a gig booked there next Saturday. The bar owner told us if he likes us, we can expect regular bookings through the summer season. The shore gigs are where it's at here and it will be great to get there on a regular basis.

Bad Logic's future is looking bright! :D

tot_Ou_tard
March 20th, 2008, 07:34 AM
:AOK: :rockon: Fantastic Plankster! :rockon: :AOK:

Keep on, keepin' on.

warren0728
March 20th, 2008, 07:46 AM
Bad Logic's future is looking bright! :D
excellent...keep on spanking!! :beer:

ww

sunvalleylaw
March 20th, 2008, 10:11 AM
Great to hear Plank! Congrats!

Plank_Spanker
March 20th, 2008, 10:28 AM
It's very comforting to have a calendar in front of us. I believed in this new band from day one, rookie singer and all. He's really getting strong and stepping into his part. We've worked hard over the past year to polish our show and steady gigs will hone us to a razor's edge.

I'm looking forward to us being a staple around these these parts for a while. :D

just strum
March 20th, 2008, 10:38 AM
That's great to hear!!!

Now get real famous and I will start mass producing the Fender Strat Replica like the one once used by The Plank.

luvmyshiner
March 20th, 2008, 10:49 AM
Woo Hoo! Great news Plank.:bravo:

Plank_Spanker
March 20th, 2008, 11:05 AM
That's great to hear!!!

Now get real famous and I will start mass producing the Fender Strat Replica like the one once used by The Plank.

LOL! :D

I'll settle for a reputation as a solid, good time bar band.

t_ross33
March 20th, 2008, 11:35 AM
I'll settle for a reputation as a solid, good time bar band.

Good for you PS! :bravo::beer: I hear ya! That's right where The Barley Boys want to be as well. We're struggling with the balance of wanting to be a really popular band and knowing when to say "no". Right now we can be as busy as we want to be, but I'm competitive enough to have the desire to take it to "the next level". Hard to dial back on the enthusiasm when you have real world responsibilities like family and a day job. But I'll settle for "Good Time Bar Band" any day.

RAWK ON BROTHER FRETTER! :rockon:

Plank_Spanker
March 20th, 2008, 12:52 PM
Good for you PS! :bravo::beer: I hear ya! That's right where The Barley Boys want to be as well. We're struggling with the balance of wanting to be a really popular band and knowing when to say "no". Right now we can be as busy as we want to be, but I'm competitive enough to have the desire to take it to "the next level". Hard to dial back on the enthusiasm when you have real world responsibilities like family and a day job. But I'll settle for "Good Time Bar Band" any day.

RAWK ON BROTHER FRETTER! :rockon:

I shall! :D

As busy as we want to be is right where we want to be. We all have families, so two to three gigs a month will be perfect.

t_ross33
March 24th, 2008, 09:23 AM
I shall! :D

As busy as we want to be is right where we want to be. We all have families, so two to three gigs a month will be perfect.

We certainly have outgrown the pressure to be "famous", have a hit record etc. If it happens, great but we have no expectations whatsoever. We don't get a chance to practice as much as we should/need to anyway, so if we can kick some a$$ a couple times a month, perfect.

That said, we are always trying to wrangle our way into better venues, better crowds, and opportunities for better exposure. Not sure where it will all go, but we're enjoying the ride. :AOK: