PDA

View Full Version : Guitars and Amps On Currency

just strum
March 21st, 2008, 10:35 AM
I just went and purchased a car for my daughter and paid cash. As I was counting out the money for the guy, I could see Strats, LP's, Vox, Marshall's... in place of all the pictures of dead Presidents. :cry: :cry: :cry:

warren0728
March 21st, 2008, 10:47 AM
i know how you feel....i'm looking for a new (to me) car....will definitely eat up any guitar budget i had....

ww

tot_Ou_tard
March 21st, 2008, 12:34 PM
"New" cars are one thing, but what about those freakin hit-n-run neighbors?

One of the bastids hit my car & as I have a high deductible it came of my pocket.

Freakin' idjut stole the ax I was planning on purchasing.

warren0728
March 21st, 2008, 12:40 PM
"New" cars are one thing, but what about those freakin hit-n-run neighbors?

One of the bastids hit my car & as I have a high deductible it came of my pocket.

Freakin' idjut stole the ax I was planning on purchasing.
now that really sucks... :thwap:

would be nice if you could find out who dunnit and pull a keef richards on his *** and smack him with a tele!

KyK0y02HvVc

ww

just strum
March 21st, 2008, 12:42 PM
My son got hit by someone in the bank parking lot last Friday and I just had her insurance guy out here a half hour ago. We are in the midst of "who's at fault" - could be more guitar money heading out of my hands and into someone else's.

It's one thing not to have the money to buy, but if I have to start selling to pay off car repairs:flamemad:

Cal
March 21st, 2008, 02:43 PM
I just went and purchased a car for my daughter and paid cash.Strummy, If you don't mind me asking how much was that?

I still have my one and only baby/daily-driver (Peugeot 205 XS [3 Door Sport]) which at over 19 years old is still in great shape and sprints past modern cars with ease. (Mind you, I do take good care of it.)

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj25/DetailFreak/205-1F.jpg

Its book price is about $50. I know I could get A LOT more than that but I ain't sellin (I'm in love). ;)

Rocket, if you're around... please accept my apologies for having two "stills" in one sentence. :thwap:

SuperSwede
March 22nd, 2008, 01:04 AM
Thats a really nice 205 Cal!

I hope my 307SW looks as good in 19 years :)

(btw, do they still air that awesome "Wheeler Dealers" tv show in the UK?)

tunghaichuan
March 22nd, 2008, 07:52 AM
I just went and purchased a car for my daughter and paid cash. As I was counting out the money for the guy, I could see Strats, LP's, Vox, Marshall's... in place of all the pictures of dead Presidents. :cry: :cry: :cry:

I feel your pain, brother.

I got my car back from the repair shop last night. It needed an alignment, new struts, and new brakes. Total bill: $958. Ouch! There goes my new strat :thwap:

tung