PDA

View Full Version : Korg AX3G

Steffe1973
March 21st, 2008, 12:31 PM
Hi!
I got the Korg AX3G 3 weeks ago and I have to say I love it!
A few good presets, but the best part is the own presets you can "tweak up".
the delay is SUPER and the amps are just awsome. Try it out if you don´t already own one!
Only 76$, it´s a bargin I might say!

Steffe

SuperSwede
March 22nd, 2008, 01:06 AM
I had the AX10G earlier and I really liked that unit...

ehm.. have you moved to Ulricehamn?

stingx
March 24th, 2008, 05:31 AM
I bought one of these with a gift certificate someone gave me for Sam Ash. I have tweaked several of the presets and really do like the sounds I get from this little unit. I got it on blowout for dirt cheap too.

This is one of my favorite settings:

http://www.korg.com/downloads/mp3/AX3G/Vaughan_Bluz.mp3

Spudman
March 24th, 2008, 08:25 PM
That sounds really good Sting.

sunvalleylaw
March 24th, 2008, 09:20 PM
That sounds really good Sting.

Yeah, that does! I have an AX1G I got for really cheap on the bay that I am underutilizing. I wonder if I could tweak that setting into it. I am not good at tweaking it at this point.

Steffe1973
March 25th, 2008, 09:22 AM
Nice presets stingx, can you post the settings?
and if you have more great settings it would be great
if you would post them as well, if it´s not to much trouble?

Steffe

stingx
March 25th, 2008, 11:44 AM
Here're the settings to emulate a Gilmour tone:

Pre-fx = off
Wah = off

Drive/amp = d1
Main:7, P1:5, P2:8

Level/NR/Cab
LE:8, nR:0, Cb:C1

MOD:F1
Main:4, P1:4, P2:3, P3:3

Delay/Reverb: F9
Main:7, P1:8, P2:2, P3:3

I'd love to hear the results...please post!!!

Steffe1973
March 26th, 2008, 01:00 PM
Do you have the Vaughan_Bluz as well?

steffe

Steffe1973
April 10th, 2008, 08:25 AM
I bought one of these with a gift certificate someone gave me for Sam Ash. I have tweaked several of the presets and really do like the sounds I get from this little unit. I got it on blowout for dirt cheap too.

This is one of my favorite settings:

http://www.korg.com/downloads/mp3/AX3G/Vaughan_Bluz.mp3

Do you have the settings for this one?

Steffe

Duff
November 6th, 2008, 11:43 PM
I have a great sounding AX5G that has the expression pedal on it. I really like the expression pedal because it doesn't have a spring in it and you can push down or pull up on it with your hand to get a constant but different selected tone. I use mine on the bed instead of with my foot most of the time. With the wah I set it to where the wah sounds best for a particular patch and it works great.

I also have an RP 350 that I like a lot better, but it does not run off batteries. But the 350 is awesome and is easier to tweak and has some great connectivity, usb, etc., and great useable sounds, nice expression pedal, stereo outputs. Works great when recording usb straight into my computer and then monitoring what I'm playing thru my PA in real time. I need to use it and get some clips on here.

Good luck with your pedal. I know you will love it. I want to buy another one because I like mine so much but I can't find a deal on one and would like to get the AX5G but would get an AX3G right away if I found one on sale.

I also have the AX3A acoustic pedal like yours without the expression pedal and it is awesome. I play it with a Seagull 20th aniv. spruce top w flammed maple sides and back into a Crate Gunnison acoustic amp that is outstanding compared to the Marshall 50 watt one. I also have a Dean Markley acoustic outboard active acoustic preamp pedal and a Dean Markley black soundhole humbucker pickup. The rig sounds good. The Seagull sounds good alone.

Duffy