PDA

View Full Version : Robben Ford

Blaze
March 22nd, 2008, 06:34 AM
Another good solo by Robben in (Cut me to the Bone ) song..

-seRKPVizLA

Blazes:bravo:

Jipes
March 22nd, 2008, 10:03 AM
Another good solo by Robben in (Cut me to the Bone ) song..

Blazes:bravo:

I love him really a lot, I've seen several of his recorded shows (specially the Ohne Filter extra) and always got a ball with him. he has talent perfect taste and nice voice !

Robert
March 22nd, 2008, 01:26 PM
Apparently he doesn't know music theory that well. Listening to all the cool ideas he plays, I would never have guessed. He sure knows what to play though! Great player.

Spudman
March 22nd, 2008, 01:29 PM
That whole album is my favorite Ford album. I'd never seen this video so thanks. Cool stuff.

ZMAN
March 22nd, 2008, 02:38 PM
I have a Robben Ford Blues VHS tape that spurred me to buy the Squier Esprit, that is a copy of the guitar he is playing. That BTW is a Fender.
I was a huge fan of his Mystic Mile, Robben Ford and the Blueline, and Handfull of blues CDs, but his Tiger Walk just threw me way off. Chick Corea was involved and it might be good for some but for me, his blues is great. The Jazz he does with Larry Carlton is great also but that Corea stuff was not for me.
One of the best songs of his I have ever heard is I'm a Real Man. The solo just builds and builds, it is amazing. No youtube vids of that one though.

just strum
March 22nd, 2008, 03:00 PM
Admittedly I never heard of Robben Ford, but went and checked out other video after watching your post. Good stuff, but obviously everyone here knows that.

just strum
March 22nd, 2008, 03:35 PM
Blazes,

Well you hooked me with Robben Ford.

I came across this little jam. It's about 9 minutes long, so if you have some place to go I would wait until you come back. I think you'll be watching it more than once.

Here is Larry Carlton and Robben Ford

f64XZRRs0jA&NR=1

Blaze
March 22nd, 2008, 06:04 PM
Blazes,

Well you hooked me with Robben Ford.

I came across this little jam. It's about 9 minutes long, so if you have some place to go I would wait until you come back. I think you'll be watching it more than once.

Here is Larry Carlton and Robben Ford

f64XZRRs0jA&NR=1

Got it on my myspace page ...

Blazes:dude:

tot_Ou_tard
March 22nd, 2008, 07:23 PM
Merci Blazes, fantastic stuff!