PDA

View Full Version : Freddy Koella an amazing guitarist

Jipes
March 22nd, 2008, 10:26 AM
I would like to share with you my love of several wonderful artists that I had the chance to cross the path !

I start with Freddy Koella (http://www.freddykoella.com)

Freddy is born in my town Mulhouse (Alsace- France). He plays guitar (acoustic and elecrtic) and violin, he likes a lot Ry Cooder and David Lindley and started quite early to play in ballroom shows. He had a hit in France with a band from Strasbourg but decide to move to New Orleans where he play with Zachary Richard for some times and then move definetely in the crescent city and got a long time association with Willy DeVille.

He played several tours with Bob Dylan before to fall Ill which made him leave the wonderful chance to play longer with the Living legend.

He took this opportunity to finally produce his first album "Minimal" all acoustic and all instruments: acoustic guitars resonator and violin or mandolin.

This is a song that I shoot during the Jazz Festival in 2006

t5XcdzQnbWI

Jipes
March 23rd, 2008, 11:42 AM
Well nobody's around during Eastern apparently :confused:

just strum
March 23rd, 2008, 11:56 AM
Well nobody's around during Eastern apparently :confused:

I'm glad you made a second post, I completely missed the first (sorry). Great music for a Easter Sunday afternoon. Holiday's are a good time to reflect on the past and look forward to the future and this music is a great fit.

Jipes
March 24th, 2008, 03:52 AM
Thanks Just Strum it's hard to read all the new threads I know so I will insist a little bit to give a chance to everyone to discover this great guitar player

To thank you here is a second video where he play another of his original songs in a duo with a bass player

6XpUL0HtGH0

just strum
March 24th, 2008, 10:16 AM
I'll have to remember to watch it at home - they block video here at work.

Thanks,

magoo
March 24th, 2008, 11:56 AM
Great stuff thanks for posting jipes

Jipes
March 25th, 2008, 03:54 AM
Thannks Magoo glad you like'd it :AOK:

Jipes
March 29th, 2008, 04:42 PM
A third video just to give the chance to the members which were in vacations for eastern time, to see Freddy in action

FOzKqOxVh8Q

jipes