PDA

View Full Version : bebop licks

evergreen
March 23rd, 2008, 06:43 PM
Discovered an awesome site with lots of must known 2-5-1 patterns in all keys in both clefs. And it is absolutely free!!!

http://bopland.org/find-lick.html?time=4%2F4&changes=Cm&search.x=0&search.y=0&is_ext=1&page=1&quest_id=10&items_per_page=10

just strum
March 23rd, 2008, 06:52 PM
Thanks evergreen and welcome to the forum.

You should take a minute and go over to The Fret Players section, introduce yourself and give a little info on your background. Some might be apprehensive of clicking on a link from a first post.

Again, welcome and hope to see you around as a regular contributor.

jpfeifer
March 26th, 2008, 10:27 AM
evergreen,

That's a great site!
There's a book that I picked up a long time ago called the Bebop Bible. It's a book full of licks like this for various chord types and standard progressions.

Thanks for the link!

-- Jim

Robert
March 26th, 2008, 01:39 PM
This guy is posting this link on other forums too, but doesn't seem to contribute much to any forum. I guess we can call it "good" spam?

evergreen
March 27th, 2008, 07:28 AM
This guy is posting this link on other forums too, but doesn't seem to contribute much to any forum. I guess we can call it "good" spam?
I never was a spammer neither will ever be. If my post looks like a spam even the good one it should be deleted.

tot_Ou_tard
March 27th, 2008, 07:49 AM
I never was a spammer neither will ever be. If my post looks like a spam even the good one it should be deleted.
It's just that we like to taunt Drive-By-Posters. Since you are hanging around for a spell you can just ignore the spam comments. That is a great link & you've done a great service by posting it. Thanks & welcome again.

gtrwrks
March 30th, 2008, 08:09 PM
Discovered an awesome site with lots of must known 2-5-1 patterns in all keys in both clefs. And it is absolutely free!!!

http://bopland.org/find-lick.html?time=4%2F4&changes=Cm&search.x=0&search.y=0&is_ext=1&page=1&quest_id=10&items_per_page=10

Very cool.

Jipes
March 31st, 2008, 03:31 AM
Indeed a great ressource for Jazz fans who wants to better improvise :AOK: