PDA

View Full Version : Listen to me murder "'Round Midnight"

mark wein
March 25th, 2008, 12:00 AM
http://www.premierschoolofmusic.com/soundfiles/roundmidnightake2.mp3

This was another one of those posts on another site where I was foolish to try and keep up with the big boys....at least I learned a bunch this weekend...:D

Here is a link to the backing track if anyone is interested:

http://www.eddegenaro.com/Anton/RoundMidnightBT.mp3

The original thread is here (http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?t=1928597)

Robert
March 25th, 2008, 07:25 AM
Sounds good Mark! I don't think you will get arrested for homicide.

mark wein
March 25th, 2008, 08:06 AM
Sounds good Mark! I don't think you will get arrested for homicide.

Involuntary jazzsalughter, then....:D

bigoldron
March 25th, 2008, 08:56 AM
Sounds good to me!

strumsalot
March 25th, 2008, 09:29 AM
Involuntary jazzsalughter, then....:D
:D :D :D

Sounds good to me too.

mark wein
March 25th, 2008, 09:35 AM
Thanks guys! I don't really play much jazz...I think I'm a pretty decent rock and blues guitarist but this is a whole 'nother thing...I appreciate the kind words!

Robert
March 25th, 2008, 10:21 AM
The backing track sure didn't swing though... You should check out the Aebersold jam tracks. There you've got some real jazz happening.

mark wein
March 25th, 2008, 10:34 AM
The backing track sure didn't swing though... You should check out the Aebersold jam tracks. There you've got some real jazz happening.

I think this was a MIDI file that someone fleshed out, not an actual band like the Aeberold stuff that I have...

sunvalleylaw
March 25th, 2008, 12:58 PM
I personally liked your playing on it. I like a little bluesy feel in jazz anyhow. I liked the flow that started just before halfway, and then you threw in a chord or two that sounded George Benson like and really hooked me. Nice!

mark wein
March 25th, 2008, 01:09 PM
I personally liked your playing on it. I like a little bluesy feel in jazz anyhow. I liked the flow that started just before halfway, and then you threw in a chord or two that sounded George Benson like and really hooked me. Nice!

Thanks!:)

jpfeifer
March 25th, 2008, 07:45 PM
Hi Mark,

Sounds good. You should be happy with this.
Jazz is one of those things that can push you into new territory, it's been that way for me. I use it to get better at everything else, however, I'd never call myself a Jazz player because I feel that I'm still a hack at it. But Jazz is like lifting weights "harmonically speaking". If you can play through changes like this in Round Midnight, it makes everything else seem easier.

Good playing!
-- Jim

mark wein
March 25th, 2008, 09:02 PM
Hi Mark,

Sounds good. You should be happy with this.
Jazz is one of those things that can push you into new territory, it's been that way for me. I use it to get better at everything else, however, I'd never call myself a Jazz player because I feel that I'm still a hack at it. But Jazz is like lifting weights "harmonically speaking". If you can play through changes like this in Round Midnight, it makes everything else seem easier.

Good playing!
-- Jim

Thanks Jim :beer:

This is one of those things that makes my regular bag of tricks better...playing slide also does it for me..having to think pure melody and not have any "licks" to fall back on is a great exercise for the brain...and yes, I am a complete and total hack when it comes to jazz....:D