PDA

View Full Version : Greetings!! I'm new here

kingfridayXIV
April 8th, 2006, 11:09 AM
Greetings fellow musicians and lovers of music! Today is my first day here at this wonderful website. My goals are two-fold and simple: To learn something new everytime I logon and visit a forum and secondly, to hopefully have all of you as my friends.

So feel free to pass along any meaningful jargon, tips, ect. I should also point out that any pointers/advice doesn't necessarily have to be strictly "guitar" related. I am ALWAYS yearning to find ways to improve myself: guitar and non-guitar. As I often tell people, I am a hard worker and play by the rules. Yet, I always seem struggling to get ahead: guitar and non-guitar. In other words, it's always that one "thing" that keeps the "one step up/two steps back" continuing. This is one area where we can ALL help each other.

Let the playing/sharing begin!!:)

ZoSo65
April 8th, 2006, 12:32 PM
Welcome to theFret KF :D

SuperSwede
April 8th, 2006, 01:14 PM
Hello!

I love your name.. :)

Welcome!

warren0728
April 8th, 2006, 01:15 PM
welcome kingfriday (you were great in Mr. Roger's Neighborhood by the way :D )....this is a great forum...i think you will like it here!

what kind of equipment do you have and what type of music do you like to play?

ww

tot_Ou_tard
April 8th, 2006, 01:23 PM
***Trumpets Blare****

The King has arrived!

We already have an elph & now the fretdom has a King!!!!

CooOOOOooll.

Welcome your highnesss!

tot_Ou_tard
April 8th, 2006, 01:25 PM
welcome kingfriday (you were great in Mr. Roger's Neighborhood by the way :D )....this is a great forum...i think you will like it here!

what king of equipment do you have and what type of music do you like to play?

ww
I don't think that you saw the "The King of Equipment" on PBS.

Must'a been some *other* kind of entertainment.

warren0728
April 8th, 2006, 01:35 PM
I don't think that you saw the "The King of Equipment" on PBS.

Must'a been some *other* kind of entertainment.
oops....meant KIND of equipment....i better go change it before somebody wants some donuts :D

ww

jpfeifer
April 8th, 2006, 01:42 PM
Welcome KingFriday ...

I've found this site to be helpful too.
Tell us about yourself and what kind of music you like to play, etc.

-- Jim

Robert
April 8th, 2006, 05:43 PM
Welcome KingFriday, glad to see you join! Is that you in the avatar photo?

Spudman
April 8th, 2006, 05:46 PM
Long live the King. We've needed one around here for a while as we already have plenty of jesters.
Enjoy the Fret King.

Nelskie
April 8th, 2006, 05:58 PM
Welcome, your Majesty. Fret "court" is now in session.

Katastrophe
April 8th, 2006, 06:04 PM
Indeed, welcome to the King! We look forward to learning from you as well. This is an outstanding forum, and I learn something everytime I log in.

M29
April 8th, 2006, 09:36 PM
Welcome Kingfriday, I am new also and have found this to be a very friendly,helpful and entertaining place.

M29

duhvoodooman
April 9th, 2006, 11:42 AM
....We've needed [a king] around here for a while as we already have plenty of jesters.
Now, that's definitely the most profound thing the Spudmeister has come out with in a while! :D

Welcome, your Royal Highness!

BTW, does this make The Fret a monarchy now?? How about a coronation party? Anybody know where we can find a decent band?? :confused:

kingfridayXIV
April 9th, 2006, 12:22 PM
Ah, I'm glad you caught the Mister Rogers Connection! LOL! I play a Robert Benedetto Guitar thru a basic Peavy amp. I like all kinds of music except Country and Rap! LOL! Well, some of the "old" country is o.k. Not that Big and Rich stuff. I don't get that.

Here's a link to better explain my guitar. Feast your eyes!:

http://www.benedettoguitars.com/35th_ann.php

what kind of equipment do you have and what type of music do you like to play?

ww

kingfridayXIV
April 9th, 2006, 12:26 PM
Oh yes, I almost forgot. That gentlemen in my avatar in not yours truly but Jazz Guitarist Extraorinaire Joe Negri (who also had a prominent role on Mister Rogers Neighborhood).

Joe is an excellent and IMHO an underrated and underappreciated guitarist. Joe has his own website and here's the link:

www.joenegri.com

Welcome KingFriday, glad to see you join! Is that you in the avatar photo?

tot_Ou_tard
April 9th, 2006, 01:09 PM
Ah, I'm glad you caught the Mister Rogers Connection! LOL! I play a Robert Benedetto Guitar thru a basic Peavy amp. I like all kinds of music except Country and Rap! LOL! Well, some of the "old" country is o.k. Not that Big and Rich stuff. I don't get that.

Here's a link to better explain my guitar. Feast your eyes!:

http://www.benedettoguitars.com/35th_ann.php
Whoa! Your high highness that is one sweet gitfiddle (to speak voodooese).
Can we hear some of its dulcet tones?!? Are you the Ratthakrai Sirisook mentioned there & what is your connection to Mr Rogers?

tot_Ou_tard
April 9th, 2006, 01:15 PM
Long live the King. We've needed one around here for a while as we already have plenty of jesters.
Enjoy the Fret King.
We have a Bard too. Don't forget the Bard Of Brown.

Tim
April 9th, 2006, 04:28 PM
Welcome to the Fet Net Kingfiday. You should learn many things here from these well seasoned players and musicians. You may even teach us a few new things.

Tone2TheBone
April 10th, 2006, 08:42 AM
Welcome m' lord. :)

kingfridayXIV
April 10th, 2006, 05:27 PM
Man, you guys are GREAT!! You definitely know how to keep a wannabee King in "stitches" LOL!! I would like to say that I personally knew Fred Rogers, but I didn't. I DID, however, grew up watching the show. And, for some reason, I always was enamored by the jazz stylings of the late Johnny Costa on piano. In fact, Branford Marsalis said once in an interview something to the effect of the jazz stylings being the best part of MRN. I couldn't agree more. One more little MRN tidbit for you: The King Friday XIII character was supposedly a fantastic Bass Violinist. Not too bad for a puppet! LOL

Take care all of you!!

King Friday XIV

Whoa! Your high highness that is one sweet gitfiddle (to speak voodooese).
Can we hear some of its dulcet tones?!? Are you the Ratthakrai Sirisook mentioned there & what is your connection to Mr Rogers?

Tone2TheBone
April 11th, 2006, 08:22 AM
I remember the show well. I was a small child of the '60s. Back then I noticed how talented Joe Negri really was. I always loved the episodes when the aerial camera would pan down the street from Fred's home and settle over Joe's shop and they'd have a little jam session with Johnny. Joe was a rockin' hep dude!

Matt
April 12th, 2006, 07:09 AM
Greetings KingFriday. Its pretty nice place here. Some post more than others, but everyone is friendly...until you hear the dark call of this forum to buy yourself a Vox Valvetronix, Bad Monkey and Squier 51....

regards

Matt

blogan
April 12th, 2006, 10:48 AM
What dark call? :D

r_a_smith3530
April 12th, 2006, 11:37 AM
Welcome King Friday. Yes, I too remember MRN, but its more through my kids than my own self. I was more the Flash Gordon and Ming the Merciless era!

Sweet guitar there. The guitarist I support has a couple of custom, luthier-built acoustics, and they are both pretty sweet (and also very $$$). I've heard good things about Bennedetto's. Is that yours in the pic? BTW, you mentioned that you played through a basic Peavey amp. Did you mean a Peavey Basic amp? Which model? As you can see from my sig, I play through a Peavey on occassion too. ;)

I like Hartley's stuff too!

Matt
April 12th, 2006, 03:13 PM
Ah blogan, you are that dark call's embodiment. Hey btw, sorry I havnt introduced myself :P

regards

Matt

kingfridayXIV
April 12th, 2006, 04:23 PM
The Bennedetto in the link I provided does not belong to me. Not sure of the lucky owner of that particular one. The one in my avatar belongs to Joe Negri (I presume).

I think I will do what a lot of you wonderful people are doing w/regards to listing your equipment via your signatures.

I will have that up soon. Have a great day!

Farewell,