PDA

View Full Version : Our 4-year old has an audition for a horror show today!

Robert
March 27th, 2008, 08:21 AM
Little Amalia has an audition for a part in a horror show today ... now her part isn't scary, her part is just being a little flower girl. Yeah, I know, I am such a bad parent... :D

Would be cool if she gets the part though - filming is next week! :bravo:

Maybe she can be a movie star soon so I can quit my job and let her take care of the old man, so he has time to play more guitar. :)

Spudman
March 27th, 2008, 09:15 AM
Next thing you know you'll be moving to Hollywood, quitting your job, quitting running and becoming a surfer dude. :dude:

Brian Krashpad
March 27th, 2008, 09:45 AM
Hope your daughter breaks a leg!

In a good (figurative) way of course.

My kids were in a promo/educational spot for orange juice once. The lady across the street from us is a nutritionist and a film crew went over to her house to interview her about Florida orange juice or some such, and then they wanted to do some little background shot with kids drinking orange juice and saying how yummy it was or something, but our neighbor's kids weren't around, so they did the additional footage in our family room at the dinner table.

Acting can be really fun for kids so long as their parents don't get overly serious about it. Our daughter was in a few adult local community theatre productions and had a great time. First was when she was in about second grade or so, in a musical called "Children of Eden," she didn't have any speaking parts, just played a bee going onto Noah's ark and cute stuff like that. Later she was in Annie as one of the orphans, that was a real speaking/singing part, her character had a name and lines and everything! She also did a Shakespeare play, A Midsummer Night’s Dream, in which she had a speaking role, with a different community theatre troop.

It was some work, but a lot of fun too.

Robert
March 27th, 2008, 10:59 AM
That's interesting to hear Brian. Our kids have been taking private acting lessons for a couple of year, and their agent is really good at finding opportunities. He calls us once in a while to see if we are interested for auditions. I even auditioned myself once, but I didn't get the part. I was an extra in a Christmas movie last year (Geez, what waiting around that job was!!).

Hollywood sounds good to me! I only know how to surf the Internet though. :)

Brian Krashpad
March 27th, 2008, 01:08 PM
That's interesting to hear Brian. Our kids have been taking private acting lessons for a couple of year, and their agent is really good at finding opportunities. He calls us once in a while to see if we are interested for auditions. I even auditioned myself once, but I didn't get the part. I was an extra in a Christmas movie last year (Geez, what waiting around that job was!!).

Wow, an agent!

Our kids took some basically community-ed acting/improv classes, no personal private classes. My son enjoyed it but hasn't really followed up past the class plays that were part of the courses, we've been doing Scouting for the past 3 years, and now flag football last year and this year. My daughter's been really busy since getting into an honors magnet school (first in middle school and now starting high school), so she hasn't been in any plays recently, but she is in the improv club at her school, maybe she'll be in some of the high school productions or return to community theatre if she can find time.