PDA

View Full Version : Gig tonight and I'm sick as a dog.

Plank_Spanker
March 28th, 2008, 09:47 AM
I managed to come down with a pretty good dose of bronchitis and I'm sapped out....................................and we're playing a gig tonight. I've played gigs sick before so I know to pace myself and take in plenty of water. The meds I was prescribed are potent and space me out a bit. I just hope I can hold the edge for the night.

Going to be an interesting night.........................

hubberjub
March 28th, 2008, 10:11 AM
Just remember, there's nothing like a few beers to take the edge off of prescription drugs. It will put you in the right place for that 90 minute free form jazz odyssey you and the band have been meaning to do.

Plank_Spanker
March 28th, 2008, 10:14 AM
Just remember, there's nothing like a few beers to take the edge off of prescription drugs. It will put you in the right place for that 90 minute free form jazz odyssey you and the band have been meaning to do.

LOL! :D

Robert
March 28th, 2008, 10:42 AM
Och, that's not good. Hope the meds bite fast.

warren0728
March 28th, 2008, 10:53 AM
sorry to hear that plank....maybe a healthy meal of pancakes will help you make it through the show!! :pancake: :pancake:

ww

Plank_Spanker
March 28th, 2008, 10:56 AM
The meds are helping greatly, but they're making me just a tad spaced out. I'm going to have to dial in hard to stay with it tonight.

SuperSwede
March 28th, 2008, 10:59 AM
The meds are helping greatly, but they're making me just a tad spaced out. I'm going to have to dial in hard to stay with it tonight.

Might as well turn out to be the best gig yet :beer:

warren0728
March 28th, 2008, 11:01 AM
Might as well turn out to be the best gig yet :beer:
i don't know ss....i don't thing any musician has ever performed while taking drugs!! :messedup: :rotflmao:

ww

SuperSwede
March 28th, 2008, 11:08 AM
i don't know ss....i don't thing any musician has ever performed while taking drugs!! :messedup: :rotflmao:

ww

Ahh... my bad :thwap: :D

Plank_Spanker
March 28th, 2008, 11:13 AM
I think I'm going to skip the heavy meds for tonight. I need my wits about me.

Bloozcat
March 28th, 2008, 01:42 PM
Here ya' go Plank, buckwheat pancakes. Just what the doctor ordered...

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/recipes/0899001100_buckwheat-pancakes-recipe.jpg

Hey, if it's good enough for these guys, it's good enough for me...:pancake:

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/healthy-recipes/NU00568

Spudman
March 28th, 2008, 02:18 PM
The meds are helping greatly, but they're making me just a tad spaced out.

If that's the case then you'd better play bass.:D

Some of my best gigs have been when I've been in less than an acceptable state of being. Here's to wishing you well tonight.:beer:

tot_Ou_tard
March 28th, 2008, 05:19 PM
Good luck Plankster. At least you're not the singer!

Childbride
March 28th, 2008, 05:25 PM
Good luck, and hope ya get to feeling better soon!!! :)

street music
March 28th, 2008, 05:34 PM
Good Luck PLank and try putting on the auto pilot!

Plank_Spanker
March 29th, 2008, 08:19 AM
Well, I survived and played fairly well considering it was like out of body experience....................nothing like playing driving rock when your mind and body are in a different area code.

By the middle of the last set I was physically near the end of my rope, but I gutted it out.

I think I'll take it easy today and just rest.........................:pancake:

Robert
March 29th, 2008, 08:34 AM
Hope the pay was good! I wouldn't have wanted to be in your shoes that night...

You're a real man, Plank.

Plank_Spanker
March 29th, 2008, 09:02 AM
Thanks, Robert. I hope I don't have to do that again anytime soon.

warren0728
March 29th, 2008, 09:29 AM
glad you made it through...i'm sure having a new guitar in the house will make you feel better!! :bravo:

ww

Katastrophe
March 29th, 2008, 10:38 AM
It speaks volumes about you that you fulfilled the obligation and played the gig, even though you weren't at 100%.

Glad to read that you made it through okay. Now, do what your doc told ya, and get some rest! You earned it, man.

I further prescribe two SGs and a Les Paul, and post in the morning...:AOK:

bigoldron
March 29th, 2008, 02:13 PM
Glad to hear you made it through, Plank. I'm trying to get over bronchitis too. Was in the hospital the last 3 days, but am free now. I had to sing a solo and a quartet number in our Easter Cantata last Sunday. I, too, was pretty well drugged up to make it through.

When he put me in the hospital, I told the doctor I had to be out by Friday, because our youth praise band is playing 2 songs this Sunday night. I work with the kids and play guitar for them, so they kinda want me there - didn't want to disappoint them.

I'm getting better, but a long way from well. This bronchitis just doesn't go away quietly. I usually have one good case a year, but this one's definitely been the worst.

Sick or not, the show must go on! :dude:

tot_Ou_tard
March 29th, 2008, 07:05 PM
That's why I don't play out :D.

Plank_Spanker
March 30th, 2008, 10:20 AM
I can't say that I care to do it again, but if I have to I will. Bar owners frown on last minute cancellations, so the show must go on.

I'm feeling well enough today to spend it with my new SG................:D

tot_Ou_tard
March 30th, 2008, 10:27 AM
I
I'm feeling well enough today to spend it with my new SG................:D
A drive down the shore, wind blowing through her strings.

Spanky pulls over and gazes into her pups with the sound of the waves crashing...

...such deep P90s...

...he fiddles absent mindedly with her tuning pegs...

State Trooper arrives: *waAAAUUUuuuhh wwaaaAAAAAAaUUUUuuuuh*

Alright buddy. Move along.

t_ross33
March 30th, 2008, 10:33 AM
That's why I don't play out :D.
WHAT? and miss out on the babes throwing their underwear at you? Like this?

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b60/t_ross33/Rockstar.jpg

:thwap:

Blaze
March 30th, 2008, 10:47 AM
One day I played at a Jazz bar in Quebec City and I had stomach problem like Diarrea (ooyy!) , it was funny to see me get out of the stage and run to the cabinet all night, my friends musicians add a good time for sure.

The show must go on ( using all the shit papers around )

Blazes:D

Spudman
March 30th, 2008, 01:08 PM
WHAT? and miss out on the babes throwing their underwear at you?

:thwap:

Um, aren't those mens underwear? I'd pass Spanky if I were you.

Plank_Spanker
March 30th, 2008, 01:40 PM
Think I will........................:D

t_ross33
March 30th, 2008, 02:07 PM
Um, aren't those mens underwear? I'd pass Spanky if I were you.

Believe or not, those are not tighty-whiteys - they are honest to goodness, though very large, undergarments of the "panties" variety :thwap:

just strum
March 30th, 2008, 02:10 PM
Believe or not, those are not tighty-whiteys - they are honest to goodness, though very large, undergarments of the "panties" variety :thwap:
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Plank_Spanker
March 30th, 2008, 02:15 PM

That's just frikkin' scary! :eek:

Spudman
March 30th, 2008, 03:13 PM

I think I knew that girl. When she sat around the house - she sat AROUND the house. :D Wait...I can't hear the stereo.:rotflmao:

luvmyshiner
March 30th, 2008, 04:37 PM
I think I knew that girl. When she sat around the house - she sat AROUND the house. :D Wait...I can't hear the stereo.:rotflmao:

Dude, I think those belong to my second wife.:eek: Did they have skid marks? If so, I'm sure of it.:cry:

just strum
March 30th, 2008, 04:41 PM
Dude, I think those belong to my second wife.:eek: Did they have skid marks? If so, I'm sure of it.:cry:

Ok, I think we are all a little sick now.:puke:

Plank is probably playing away on the SG and has forgotten about illness for now.

t_ross33
March 30th, 2008, 05:10 PM

:rotflmao:

No, they were brand new - it was a gag (obviously) in response to my newly re-aquired rock-star "posertude" :master:

yah, a little humbling :poke: