PDA

View Full Version : Great start to the weekend

Kazz
March 28th, 2008, 04:14 PM
My son Jordan is here....and I just put on a 3 track medley of Jimi Hendrix Red House, Pink Floyd Wish You Were Here, and Joe Satriani Always with you Always with me....and we both sat here with our acoustics playing along on the parts that we could handle

The 2 of us really got off on Wish You Were Here.....that was a moment for me. after laying back and handling the rhythm for a bit...I took the last solo and through in a nice improv too....and he was just smiling.....that really made my day.

luvmyshiner
March 28th, 2008, 04:20 PM
Sweet story Kazz! Gotta love the special moments with one of the kids.

Childbride
March 28th, 2008, 05:31 PM
awesome, Kazz! :bravo: :D

those moment are the ones you pull out to look at and smile when you really need one!

nothing like sharing time with your loved ones... :)

Kazz
March 28th, 2008, 07:23 PM
Sealy was quacking about something....getting me to start the grill for dinner....and I was like....gimme a minute....and when we finished....I walked in there and smiled....and said....chill...I was having a "moment"

Tone2TheBone
March 29th, 2008, 01:04 AM
WYWH...Great track to play along with and also listen to with someone special...especially your son!

Kazz
March 29th, 2008, 04:43 AM
I have twin boys they will be 17 this summer....one has a really strange taste in music....punkish.....rebellious music his favorite band is Rise Against....the backstory is when I was a kid....I was heavily into KISS.....so I know where he gets it from...and I now know what torture I layed upon my mom when I was waking her up at 6am playing Hotter Than Hell.

The other son Jordan....his musical interests seem to come straight off the hard drive of my computer....he looks just like me....and we really love the same music...so to sit around last night and jam together on WYWH was a memory that will last a lifetime for me.

It has inspired me to learn much more on the guitar so we can play together more frequently.

tot_Ou_tard
March 30th, 2008, 03:31 PM
Great stuff Kazz, keep it up, but don't write your punk son off.

I'd go the extra mile & learn a good punk song (they exist) & surprise him with it.