PDA

View Full Version : Dimarzio Fred Opinions

marnold
March 28th, 2008, 10:13 PM
I was talking to a GC guy today and did some online looking and saw that a Dimarzio Fred might be an interesting option for my Floyd--PAF-output, bright, lots of harmonics. It's a slightly modified version of their PAF Pro. Anybody have any experience with this one other than from listening to Satriani records?

Spudman
March 28th, 2008, 10:23 PM
I've played them in many JS1000 and up series guitars I have tried. I like them. Some folks don't. They seem to sound best when the amp is turned up. Very easy to control. Sometimes at bedroom levels folks have been unhappy with them but I've gotten the sense that they haven't played out or turned the amp up.

If you can get back to GC try and Ibanez JS1000 or JS1200 then you'll have an idea if you'll like them or not.

marnold
March 29th, 2008, 08:28 AM
If you can get back to GC try and Ibanez JS1000 or JS1200 then you'll have an idea if you'll like them or not.
Good call. I saw a couple of Jems there but I don't know if I saw a JS. Maybe I can sneak back over today. We're heading home tomorrow.

JohnnyGtar
August 18th, 2009, 11:45 AM
I like the FRED a lot. Used with a 250K pot, the highs are sweet and the tone is just BIG overall.

Kazz
August 20th, 2009, 04:13 PM
Nothing like dredging up an 18 month old thread :-)