PDA

View Full Version : Spanish Fries

helliott
March 29th, 2008, 09:09 PM
Here's a recent attempt. Your input welcome and appreciated.
http://www.box.net/shared/qi7ilhs00k

just strum
March 29th, 2008, 09:23 PM
As usual, another good clip. What guitar and amp are you using?

Spudman
March 29th, 2008, 11:47 PM
Your input welcome and appreciated.
http://www.box.net/shared/qi7ilhs00k

Underplay. The parts where you slow it down and give it some space are highly digestible. Do that in the other parts that are more crowded and you have a sure winner.

Nice sounds.:AOK:

SuperSwede
March 30th, 2008, 12:27 AM
nice guitarwork as usual Helliot! Good tone and melody!

But I have to say that I didnĀ“t enjoy the drums.

helliott
April 6th, 2008, 08:22 AM
Thanks for the comments, guys. Strum, it's my Strat through a Peavy Jack Daniels with some stuff added at the mixing level.
Spudman, you're bang on as usual. I should hang a big sign in front of the board that reminds me to do less, not more. I may re-record to make it less busy.
Sorry you didn't like the drums Swede. Anything in particular bug you about them, so I can keep it in mind for future?

It's great to have feedback.

just strum
April 6th, 2008, 08:32 AM
Underplay.

Nice sounds.:AOK:

For you seasoned guys and gals, that must have been a challenging thing to accomplish. At my stage of playing (or whatever the hell you want to call it), I find I have the tendency to "fill" every part with guitar sound and leave no space between notes and chords. This is obviously another one of those common problems that most players go through. I'm not sure if there are some sort of guidelines or just a simple case of discipline to provide the song some breathing room.:whatever:

helliott
April 6th, 2008, 08:42 AM
Exactly, it is a discipline thing, at least for me. The situation is exacerbated because I'm doing the playing and recording with little or no input, and often get so wrapped up in it I don't hear it objectively, hence the problem Spudman pointed out. That's why it helps so much to be able to post and get constructive input -- it's the next best thing to having someone work with you through the playing and recording process.
Now, if I could only manage it in real time to save the wear and tear of recording, posting then re-doing to fix stuff others point out.

just strum
April 6th, 2008, 09:24 AM
Now, if I could only manage it in real time to save the wear and tear of recording, posting then re-doing to fix stuff others point out.

Put the steaks on the grill (and pancakes), plus break out the beer and you are sure to get 2 or 3 (or maybe 5, 10, or 20) of us fretters to come up there to assist in the eating and drinking, I mean the recording process.

Cook it and they will come.

SuperSwede
April 6th, 2008, 10:05 AM
Helliot, about the drums.. I think that the drum samples could be a little better. And the drum beat just didnt seem to "fit in" imho...